Calling all Pretty Pale Princesses!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First of all, hi, I'm new here. Nice forum, and I've got a question that has been infuriating me as long as I can remember.

I've got a HUGE problem when it comes to foundations. Now, I am pale. So pale in fact that I look like a ghost. I think my skin colour really rivals Dita Von Teese's! Or should I say Marilyn Mansons? Anyway...

MAC's NW15 is too dark and yellowish on me (although their palest loose powder seems to be just perfect), so is Laura Mercier's Oil Free 01. Same goes for L'Oreal's True Match offerings and Armani's 02 (there's no 01 by the way, is there?). I even tried SK2's products and Clinique's new 'White Range'...
frown.gif

The problem is that I've got some faint acne scarring. Nothing too bad, I usually hide it with some Laura Mercier concealer, but the problem is that it still doesn't look perfect, and I really want to achieve that perfect, 'polished' look. I usually use some day-cream and finish off my makeup using Johnson's baby powder (there, it doesn't even leave a white cast on me *lol*)

So, anybody here know where I could get a decent foundation, or at the very least liquid chalk?
eusa_whistle.gif

I agree with Citre...a lot of mineral makeup companies offer very pale colors. Take a look in the Mineral Maleup forum!

and welcome!
smile.gif

Thanks for the quick replies, girls!
hug.gif

I'm not that familiar with mineral makeup, could you please name several brands? I also hope that they're widely available because that term doesn't spring to my mind at all
frown.gif

We have a mineral Makup forum here for you to see all of the companies out there. I know they have a thread just for the brands available. So it is easy to find in the sticky at the top of the MMU forum. I would suggest mineral makeup as well. I am really pale too and Bare Escentuals is what I use. Not sure if they ship to other places other than the US, but I know that other companies ship internationally. Good luck.

@PaperFlowers: Yeah, I'd love some recs, just post 'em up or send me a PM
wink.gif

Anyway, are there any typical, over the counter brands that might do the same? I've had a brief look in the MMU Forum, but I'm quite disheartened because firstly the products might be quite expensive, and secondly, not widely available. You see, the most important thing for me is to try the product first, and then buy it. If I buy a foundation over the net for example, I might as well buy a cat in a bag
frown.gif

Hi!
smile.gif
I'm ppp, too! Welcome to MuT, btw!

I've heard that Lily Lolo is a popular mmu brand in the UK? They have pale shades, so you might want to check that out!

I'm not sure if you can get Cinema Secrets cream foundation over there, but their cream foundation in shade 601-18 is pale and gives really good coverage as well. So you might want to check that out!
smile.gif

Hope that helps some!

Originally Posted by Nastka /img/forum/go_quote.gif @PaperFlowers: Yeah, I'd love some recs, just post 'em up or send me a PM
wink.gif

Anyway, are there any typical, over the counter brands that might do the same? I've had a brief look in the MMU Forum, but I'm quite disheartened because firstly the products might be quite expensive, and secondly, not widely available. You see, the most important thing for me is to try the product first, and then buy it. If I buy a foundation over the net for example, I might as well buy a cat in a bag
frown.gif

Can you get a hold of Loreal? They have some mineral makeup. Also, some of the companies online give real good deals when it comes to samples. Everyday minerals only charges you for shipping when you want to get samples. Try also madminerals.com, they are real nice.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
smile.gif

Haven't heard of Cinema Secrets (Doesn't have anything to do with Smashbox, does it?), but will definitely check out Lily Lolo!

Anybody have any different ideas, hints or tips? Now that I remember, I've heard a fellow PPP recommend me a Chanel foundation primer which is supposedly white as chalk and leaves a bit of a tint. I've been checking out a few stores but haven't got hold of that product. Does anybody know more about that?

[edit]@jdepp_84: Yes, we do have L'Oreal here, and as memory serves they do have some 'mineral' products (although I'm not 100% sure), yet any foundations I've tried looked fake
frown.gif
[/edit]

I also toss my hat into the MMU recs. The samples are amazing, and it really is worth it to try the samples.

I'm very pale skinned as well (almost translucent); I use Urban Decay's Surreal Skin Foundation in the lightest shade and it works really well for me. It's medium coverage, looks very natural, and it actually warms my skin tone a little.

i wonder if there is a movie makeup product that would be white that you could add to a foundation to make it lighter...

i don't know but it might be something to look into

Illuminare Extra Coverage Foundation/Concealer is amazing and comes in very pale shades. I have the color Amalfi Alabaster and it is pretty much white.

E-105-2.jpg

Alima and Pure Luxe are mineral make-up companies that ship internationally and sell samples.

Originally Posted by karrieann /img/forum/go_quote.gif i wonder if there is a movie makeup product that would be white that you could add to a foundation to make it lighter...
i don't know but it might be something to look into

Face Atelier makes a "zero minus" which can be used to lighten foundations.
smile.gif

Also, MUFE makes a white corrective makeup base that might work as well!

Many MMU companies have VERY light shades. You can buy samples first to see if you find a match. You don't have to buy full sizes right off.

MMU is much cheaper than traditional makeup due to how long a jar lasts. Many MMU companies offer periodic sales and free shipping offers too.

MMU helps with oil control. MMU helps heal skin too. It has totally helped to clear up my acne-prone skin and redness.

MMU is the way to go!!
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back