Calling all Single Girls....What do you do when...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys here are persistent. Drunk or not, they just are. I´m engaged, but the line "I´m engaged" or flashing my ring only works in 20% of the cases. I know, right? I´ve gotten lines like

Well, engaged... but you´re not MARRIED yet! *insert dirty grin*

Ok, but is your fiancé HERE right now? *insert dirty grin again*

What´s your man gotta do with ME? *yada yada*

So that has lead me to be extremely annoyed that they don´t respect the fact that I am committed to someone. Even if they respect it I am annoyed as soon as the approach me.

And I´m surprised the lesbian line has worked for some of your girls. I used it like twice but that made them even more interested. All my single girlfriends have the same problem, you can barely get rid of them, unless you have the "luck" to be hit on by one of the few gentlemen.

I´m really starting to think guys here are are like cavemen
laughing.gif

im really straight forward ans sometime that just hurts their self esteem. i egt hit on when im with my bf and my daughter.

when that happened i just turned around and said, well i didnt do this by myself(pointing to daughter) and kissed bf in front of them, was soo funny at the time.

in the clubs i just walk off, if they follow i just say wat i think.

Originally Posted by chantelle8686 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i egt hit on when im with my bf and my daughter. when that happened i just turned around and said, well i didnt do this by myself(pointing to daughter) and kissed bf in front of them, was soo funny at the time. good lord, that´s too funny!!

I work at a club, so basically, I have dealt with just about every scumbag on the face of the planet. No one lets up no matter what. I will admit that I have my bodyguards to take care of them, but other than that, I speak my mind. I do not have a problem being like "f*ck off" to a guy who won't give up. Or I usually try to explain in lamens terms what "engaged" means.

"eh, sorry not interested". "gotta go home, i'm on cooking duty tonight". or just the look of an angel seeing a cockroach approach (if that guy is really glueing on me).

i used the line "i got a boyfriend " once, but the man was even more interested.
tocktock.gif

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well I'm not single but when that happens, and it has, I just talk!! And it scares the crap out of them!! lol It's the guy voice thingy! hehe
Karren

add_wegbrech.gif
add_wegbrech.gif
add_wegbrech.gif
:add_weg brech:

I wish I was nicer to the guys who just keep going and going. I am kind of a b*tch, but in a tactful-ish way.

I'm assuming when you ask "what do you think about me now?", and you hear the reply "I don't", you might back off and take the hint. Some people just keep going...which is a bad, bad move.

I loathe being hit on. I really do. It makes me so uncomfortable!

I'm not single, so I always say I'm married, or that my husband wouldn't like the idea if I had a boyfriend
smile.gif
but there's this guy that comes by the store a lot and asks if I'm still married. I'm like dude, seriously. Then he asks if he can just give me my number and I'm like "No, it's ok." But he still bugs me!!!!! I'm only 19 and he's like 45 and trying to get with me! EWWW. At first it was funny, but now it's pathetic. Good thing I'm moving.

Originally Posted by Solimar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I wish I was nicer to the guys who just keep going and going. I am kind of a b*tch, but in a tactful-ish way.
I'm assuming when you ask "what do you think about me now?", and you hear the reply "I don't", you might back off and take the hint. Some people just keep going...which is a bad, bad move.

I loathe being hit on. I really do. It makes me so uncomfortable!

haha me too.
I dont feel bad for being a ***** to the ones who are jerks.

I can tell when they're nice as they are the ones who do it in a tactful manner and actually stop when you say "sorry I already have a boyfriend"

And lets not even get started when alcohol gets involved.

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif Guys here are persistent. Drunk or not, they just are. I´m engaged, but the line "I´m engaged" or flashing my ring only works in 20% of the cases. I know, right? I´ve gotten lines like
Well, engaged... but you´re not MARRIED yet! *insert dirty grin*

Ok, but is your fiancé HERE right now? *insert dirty grin again*

What´s your man gotta do with ME? *yada yada*

So that has lead me to be extremely annoyed that they don´t respect the fact that I am committed to someone. Even if they respect it I am annoyed as soon as the approach me.

And I´m surprised the lesbian line has worked for some of your girls. I used it like twice but that made them even more interested. All my single girlfriends have the same problem, you can barely get rid of them, unless you have the "luck" to be hit on by one of the few gentlemen.

I´m really starting to think guys here are are like cavemen
laughing.gif

Omg! That's horrible, I would think the "I'm engaged line" would get them to split!

Originally Posted by Saje /img/forum/go_quote.gif But you can have NO boyfriend and still use the "I have a boyfriend" line.
Its not like they will do a background check - thats kind of excessive. And that's why they call it a line.

You're right!

I always just say "I have a boyfriend" But sometimes that's not enough for them to back off, they'll say things like "Well, your boyfriend doesn't have to know" And if they don't leave me alone I'll just tell them to "F*ck off!" And they usually leave me alone after that hehe.

Lol, I remember when I used to go out to clubs with my friends, I'd always get a guy or two who would come up beside me at the bar and put their hand on my upper arm or something with this big "I'm going to hit on you" look on their face.

Every single time someone did that I would just *slowly* look down at his hand with a "did I say you could touch me?" look on *my* face. Sometimes I'd even go so far as to actually *say* "Did I say you could touch me?
wassatt.gif
"!
laughing.gif

Worked every time! That hand would always drop like I was on fire. I think I get scary when someone irritates me
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Lol, I remember when I used to go out to clubs with my friends, I'd always get a guy or two who would come up beside me at the bar and put their hand on my upper arm or something with this big "I'm going to hit on you" look on their face.
Every single time someone did that I would just *slowly* look down at his hand with a "did I say you could touch me?" look on *my* face. Sometimes I'd even go so far as to actually *say* "Did I say you could touch me?
wassatt.gif
"!
laughing.gif

Worked every time! That hand would always drop like I was on fire. I think I get scary when someone irritates me
tongue.gif

LOL....that's a good one!

Ewww... that reminds me of this one time me and my friends were comming out of Tao in Vegas and this one guy had the nerve to put his hand on my friends lips as we were walking past them! We were so livid and he was too drunk to care. We told his friends to watch their drunk friend and make sure he doesnt do anything else he might regret.

I've only really been hit on by a stranger once
frown.gif
At the time I was dating a guy, so that was my answer lol.

I think if I was single again, I'd try to be honest. Sometimes things have a way of getting back to you. I knew a girl who told a guy she was a lesbian. Turned out that the guy she said that to was a really good friend of mine, so whenever there was a get together the two would have to see each other and it was kind of akward.

You guys can be glad you´ve never been out in Austria. I have stopped counting the times I´ve felt a hand on my ass at a crowded bar. And since there´s so many guys you can´t always tell who´s hand it was.

That never happened to me in the US or any other country. My fiancé (American) is still shocked whenever I told him that it happened again. He said he doesn´t know anyone who would do that. It´s just beyond disrepectful.

Only one guy was stupid enough to touch my ass twice. This club was not crowded so I knew it was him and I asked him what the hell is wrong with him, and my brother who was next to me told him to never do that again. He walks by next time and bam-hand on ass again. I followed him and touched his shoulder to make him turn around. He has the biggest smile on his face, thinking I would wanna get to know him now or something..but he only got to know my palm on his cheek. I slapped him pretty hard.

OMG it felt so good!!! I plan on doing that everytime now when I catch someone touching me like that.

when all else fails i have used'' im saving myself for marriage'' and it seems to work very well

Next time hit his hand with a stiletto - that will teach the scumbag

Originally Posted by zoe__ /img/forum/go_quote.gif when all else fails i have used'' im saving myself for marriage'' and it seems to work very well That´s an awesome line. But I guess that doesn´t work if you´re wearing a miniskirt and a push up bra or something lol

Originally Posted by lia_matos /img/forum/go_quote.gif Next time hit his hand with a stiletto - that will teach the scumbag lol, better not cause if I break his fingers I have to take him to the ER or something lol
But I always wanted to pour my drink over a guy´s head (only if he deserves it of course). Have any of you ever done that?

That one is less harmful i think (unless it's an expensive drink - you could tell that 'i was gonna pour this drink on the top of your head, but it's too expensive to waste on scum)

Back