Calling all Single Girls....What do you do when...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is your approach when a guy comes up to you and starts hitting on you, and you're just not that into him. What is your line you use to get him to split?

Hmm...I don't really have a line. I'm interested in what other girls might have to say! lol.

Oh yeah....I have that problem all the time.

24.gif

happy0188.gif

I dont have a line i think its apparent by my face that im not interested. I cant hide my emotions which can suck sometimes. lol

I smile..say Thank You for the compliment or whatever and then if they ask for my number I say..."I'm not interested in seeing anyone right now.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dont have a line i think its apparent by my face that im not interested. I cant hide my emotions which can suck sometimes. lol Same here! I also have a ring on my ring finger, so I rest my face in my hand or run my fingers through my hair (with my left hand) so the ring is visible. LOL!

Before I was engaged, when I'd go out without my [at the time] boyfriend, I'd sometimes excuse myself to go to the bathroom and then come back, but to a totally different spot and not even acknowledge the guy anymore. Or I'd be honest that I was with someone. Now I just flash my ring.
biggrin.gif

Why do we have to be single? I'm not single and I get hit on quite often.

I've used everything from:

I'm not interested

I'm a lesbian (using the exact phrase, "Oh thats really sweet but I dont date guys," *smile*)

I have a boyfriend

I have a girlfriend

"yeah right"

"mmm, I dont think so"

I've given fake numbers

I've given fake e-mails

Had friends be my buffer

I'm with sage. I've used the lesbian line before, I've given fake emails, and I have also tried to use the engaged one - I have a diamond ring on that finger.

Basically doesnt seem to matter what you say, a drunk guy will dispute it.

I've even said I only just got out of a bad relationship and i wasnt interested in guys right now (yup, the totally honest line) and it STILL didn't work.

I'd say my line, if he keeps up just say 'look, I am flattered, but im not interested at all.' then leave. It annoys me that we have to move tables, leave the club or whatever to get someone to leave us alone sometimes. So silly

Seriously... some guys are determined.

I've gotten hit on with my BF - like wtf.

Originally Posted by Saje /img/forum/go_quote.gif Why do we have to be single? I'm not single and I get hit on quite often.
I've used everything from:

I'm not interested

I'm a lesbian (using the exact phrase, "Oh thats really sweet but I dont date guys," *smile*)

I have a boyfriend

I have a girlfriend

"yeah right"

"mmm, I dont think so"

I've given fake numbers

I've given fake e-mails

Had friends be my buffer

I said "calling all single girls", cause I was curious what line they used. Girls that have bf's can obviously use the "I have a boyfriend" line.

But you can have NO boyfriend and still use the "I have a boyfriend" line.

Its not like they will do a background check - thats kind of excessive. And that's why they call it a line.

Well I'm not single but when that happens, and it has, I just talk!! And it scares the crap out of them!! lol It's the guy voice thingy! hehe

Karren

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well I'm not single but when that happens, and it has, I just talk!! And it scares the crap out of them!! lol It's the guy voice thingy! hehe
Karren

add_wegbrech.gif
add_wegbrech.gif
add_wegbrech.gif
priceles s!!!!!

either

"i gotta go home, cause i got work in the morning"

or

"i already got a boyfriend"

or

"sorry your not my type"

If I was single, I would just say I have a boyfriend. I think that's the nicest way to say no. There's really no reason to be mean to a guy...can you imagine being the guy and having to work up the courage to talk to someone? Unless he was being gross or perverted...just tell him you have a boyfriend.

Well, I'm not single but I get hit on all the time! The wedding ring just usually incites them even more. I get hit on more now that I'm married than I ever did hen I was single!

I just don't enourage them at all. Once they see there're not getting any attention, they leave!

Latest posts

Back