Calling French women!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm curios to know now that I'm pregnant that how do french women take care of their bodies and especially their breasts during pregnancy. Any of you ladies know? I've also heard that french women sleep with their bra on to support the breasts at all times. Is this true? I've got some major damage from my 1st prengnancy and 2.5 years of nursing that I'm trying to do whatever I can to help my poor breasts this time around.
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I'm curios to know now that I'm pregnant that how do french women take care of their bodies and especially their breasts during pregnancy. Any of you ladies know? I've also heard that french women sleep with their bra on to support the breasts at all times. Is this true? I've got some major damage from my 1st prengnancy and 2.5 years of nursing that I'm trying to do whatever I can to help my poor breasts this time around.
icon_lol.gif
I read Liz Hurley slept with her bra on every night when she was pregnant. she also used some sort of oil that tightens the skin and prevents stretch marks on her belly, and wrapped clingwrap (right word?) around it.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I'm curios to know now that I'm pregnant that how do french women take care of their bodies and especially their breasts during pregnancy. Any of you ladies know? I've also heard that french women sleep with their bra on to support the breasts at all times. Is this true? I've got some major damage from my 1st prengnancy and 2.5 years of nursing that I'm trying to do whatever I can to help my poor breasts this time around.
icon_lol.gif
I will speak to Maire-Line about this question Reija, as she is French and may be able to help.Clarins have some beautiful oil for use during pregenacy to prevent and help exisiting stretch marks. Its is called Tonique Body Oil.

Sleep with their bra on? Ouch, I hope there's no underwires ... when I try to nap with my bra on it just shifts around and the wires poke me and the cups are at all the wrong places ... maybe if you wore a stretchy sports bra or something it would help though
wink.gif

interesting... i realllllly like my boobs now. they'll get bigger when i get preggers, but i heard that they shrink or something
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif

Yeah they definitely shrink after. At least that's what happened to me! By the time I was done nursing I was smaller than I was before I got pregnant. How sad is that! People warned me about it but I didn't care. Nursing my child was far more important than worrying about how my boobs were going to look after. I'm planning on nursing this child too. I can only imagine how I'm going to look after nursing this one!!!!
icon_eek.gif
icon_lol.gif

oh no!! i don't want them to shrink! how can you prevent them from shrinking?

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) wash them in cold water??? lol lol. yeah ok tony. better not be giving reija a hard time!!!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) wash them in cold water??? lol OMG I can´t help but laugh *lol* b/c this is a comment only a guys can make so I forgive you cause guy don´t know any better
icon_cheesygrin.gif
(and I hope Reija forgives you too
wink.gif
)

Really, the only way to prevent them from getting too messed up is not to nurse, but then again the nutirents are so important to the baby. Mine got pretty bad because I blew up to like a size F when I was nursing, now I'm barely a C. I have heard that there's a way to pump while you nurse to make sure it doesn't lose shape too much, but I don't remember where I got that from and what the correct way to do it is...I'll have to find out. There are also certain essential oils that are good to prevent stretch marks. I got a customized blend when I was pregnant, but unfortunately when gaining 75lbs the stretch marks couldn't be avoided too much.

OH Reija is a HUUUUGE extended nursing advocate. I personally can look COMPLETELY past my needs and see the needs of my baby on this subject.

I know alot of men are not like me, they want big boobies in thier mouth. But for me, what is important to the baby...is important to me.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by envymi

Really, the only way to prevent them from getting too messed up is not to nurse, but then again the nutirents are so important to the baby. Mine got pretty bad because I blew up to like a size F when I was nursing, now I'm barely a C. I have heard that there's a way to pump while you nurse to make sure it doesn't lose shape too much, but I don't remember where I got that from and what the correct way to do it is...I'll have to find out. There are also certain essential oils that are good to prevent stretch marks. I got a customized blend when I was pregnant, but unfortunately when gaining 75lbs the stretch marks couldn't be avoided too much.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) OH Reija is a HUUUUGE extended nursing advocate. I personally can look COMPLETELY past my needs and see the needs of my baby on this subject.
I know alot of men are not like me, they want big boobies in thier mouth. But for me, what is important to the baby...is important to me.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

That's what i call a Real MAN! Oh and Reija is a Real Woman!

Originally Posted by Liz oh no!! i don't want them to shrink! how can you prevent them from shrinking? oh poop, that better not happen to me, I can barely find bras small enough to fit me as it is! lol

Originally Posted by Liz interesting... i realllllly like my boobs now. they'll get bigger when i get preggers, but i heard that they shrink or something
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
I like my boobs too. I'm terrified about what will happen to them if I ever have kids.

Originally Posted by girl_geek oh poop, that better not happen to me, I can barely find bras small enough to fit me as it is! lol My friend's boobs totally disappeared. She calls them her "raisins" now.

My boobs actually got bigger after each child,they just arent as perky
icon_sad.gif

But i agree with Reija about breast feeding no matter what happens to the boobage.Its the best thing you can give your child.I dont think there is anything to prevent boobs from shrinking or lossing fullness,i think really its all up to genetics.But I will cross my fingers for you Reija!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

what if you like breast feed for a couple of months and then use a breast pump and bottle feed to save the boobs???

*please let this be a good plan*
icon_redface.gif
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Liz what if you like breast feed for a couple of months and then use a breast pump and bottle feed to save the boobs???
*please let this be a good plan*
icon_redface.gif
icon_lol.gif

That's what I did...didn't help at all
frown.gif
I blew up and then shrank to less than what I was

Latest posts

Back