Camera brands

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH NO!!!

How'd Canon beat Nikon out??

I'm sad now...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif OH NO!!!
How'd Canon beat Nikon out??

I'm sad now...
frown.gif

I don't know, but I am picking Canon because I found a lot more lens available than I can find for Nikon.

When I bought my first digital camera over 4 1/2 years ago I looked at several brands and then at a family gathering a sister in law had a Canon A70 and let me use it for a couple of hours.

I have arthritis in my fingers and this camera was easy for me to hold. I liked the picture quality and number of settings if I felt like venturing away from automatic setting.

The 3.2 megapixel A70 served me well until it stopped working correctly after 4 1/2 years. I replaced it with another Canon, an A720IS 8 megapixel, optical image stabilization, face detection, 6x optical zoom - a nice camera that so far takes good pictures at a decent price.

I stayed with Canon because of ergonomics and familiarity with the controls.

I'm not saying that other brands and models aren't as good.

It's important to think of what you want to do with a camera, then researching the available ones, and try them out to get the best choice for you.

I have an old Kodak 1.3MP camera I bought back in 1999. It works great and for such a low pix camera it take very good photo's, as good as some of my friends who have fancier more modern ones. My camera is now held together with a rubber band and will not operate without the rubber band. All my friends comment and make fun of my camera, I will replace it when it dies compleatly. As it is it still works fine
smile.gif

i had a kodak easyshare and loved it! now i have a casio exlim and absolutely love it! it takes great pictures.

I've done some research for months now on cameras because I'm looking into buying one - the best one at their priciest are Canon, Nixon & Kodak.

The best pictures I've seen come from Canon. I own an old model and it's picture quality is better than newer Kodak models. That being said, Kodak would follow and then Nixon.

I like Nikon, but I chose Canon as well. My parents are professional wedding photographers and they use both brands.

Canon Is Uses By Alot Of Professionals..it's Probably One Of The Better Brands

Canon produces some of the best pictures in an array of different enviroments. They also provide some of the best features for novice and professional photographers.

Both me and my mother have sony cameras, and they are great. I don't know why is Olympus so popular- it's awful! My friend bought one of the newest editions (word?) and the pictures are grainy and not clear.

I have the Nikon coolpix L10, and it sucks!

I say that cuz it sucks at close ups, sucks when u take the flash off. The so-called image stabilization is a waste, cuz sometimes it STILL looks blurry even WITH FLASH!

Gosh, why'd u hafta bring this up?

Back