Can anyone recommend a good lotion for winter?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have naturally dry skin. I lived in Florida all of my life and still had to moisturize with an intense lotion like Lubriderm everyday. I recently moved to DC and now have the pleasure
tocktock.gif
of experiencing the cold winter. It makes my skin so tight, dry and itchy.

I use baby oil all over before getting out of the shower and gold bond cream after toweling off (its very heavy....and works wonderfully during the spring & summer) but this still doesn't seem to help much.

Anybody know a better lotion that I can use???

I love body shop's body butters. The shea butter one is supposed to to be the most moisturizing. I prefer the strawberry, mango and satsuma ones though because they smell better.

Definately try body butter. Also switch to a more moisturizing shower gel. I really like the Olay with body butter ribbons.

I agree. The body butters from body shop are really nice, and

they smell sooo good
smile.gif

carol's daughter makes a great lemon rose hand cream that i use all over. co bigelow makes an amazing lemon body butter, and mor is my newest find! they make a black cherry plum butter that i simply love! i feel your pain! i live in michigan so i slather on just about anything i can find during the winter months! the heavier the better! lol~

shea butter for drier areas, TBS body butters are great. try to get a creamy shower product instead of a gel texture. you can also try oils like coconut or macadamia, they both smell good and are absorbed quickly by the skin (without leaving it greasy).

wat bt Eucerin Intesive Lotion F?Its for extremely dry skin, and its the best for my super dry eczema infected skin.No itch, tight all day long.The only turn off is its lil greasy, but no choice coz other lotions n creamz dont help me that much

Palmer's Cocoa Butter is really great for dry skin and especially in the winter time!

You've got really good sugestions and I will just add my favorite body butter for the winter months/dry skin time - Korres Quince Body Butter , it's beautifully fragrant and has the rare quince scent ( you don't find it everywhere
wink.gif
) and works amazingly on dry skin !

I live in CO-is so dry in here.

I use alba botanica very emolient body lotion for dry skin with AHA-is pretty good for moisture but i am not crazy about the smell.

I also like palmer's cocoa butter lotion.

I live in Wisconsin so i know something about winter skin haha i use Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion it has colloidal oatmeal it absorbes quickly and is fragrance free my hands and knuckles use to be so dry itchy and red but i use that for my hands and it got rid of the drypatches and my hands are softer than ever mine only took a couple days to get better but i used the lotion like 20 times a day...oh and its cheap and you can even get the wal-mart band which it what i ended up switching to because its the same thing just cheaper

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I always though using baby oil was kind of drying. you know....i'm really starting to wonder about that....

I think Shea Body Butter of THe Body Shop is a good choice.It's made special for dry skin.But remember to apply much more on the elbow, knee and heel.

Now I'm using Shea Body butter of The Bath@Work Shop and it's great too.But as my region is not very cold so I only use body butter in winter.In summer I choose body lotion.

Clinique's Deep Comfort Body Butter is PERFECT for the winter. It's pretty thick and really luxurious feeling. It is 100% fragrance free to which is a big plus if you like to wear fragrance. Here is the link:

Clinique | Sun + Body | Body | Deep Comfort Body Butter

"More than a simple cream that soothes and penetrates adding moisture. You'll feel a whole new kind of softness to dryness-prone spots-like elbows, knees and heels. Butter-rich. So silky, skin drinks it up instantly, stays soothed and comforted all day."

I haven't found anything I like more than this. HTH!
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back