Can anyone speak a foreign language?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I was wondering if any of you can speak another language except English? I am learning Spanish and have been for a while,but i would be so grateful if someone could help me say a few words in French and German, in fact in any other language! There is a reason for this, mainly to send a message to someone who speaks these languages. The message i would like to translate is a personal message, so please please PM me asap. I really need your help!

Many Thanks for your time and help.

I can count to 10 in 5 different languages but that's all i know!! I spoke some German, French & Spanish before but it's all gone from my head since i left school.. Check out this site though http://www.freetranslation.com/ I used it all the time when i was learning languages. You type what you want to say in English, hit the button & the whole text is translated in to whatever language you choose! Only downfall is that it's translated literally so if you use a saying like "i left the cat ouf of the bag" meaning you let something slip, they'll translate it to "i left the cat out of the bag".. Get my drift?! Enjoy
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by candy THANKS LAURA!!! you're a gem! This will be SO helpful.xXx No problemo! You'll be fluent in no time with that!

Aw Kim, that's like my friend now! She moved to Italy last year for a year with college & met her boyfriend over there. He couldn't speak much english & she couldn't speak much italian but they're still together now (almost 18 months later!)

Aww Kim, you are definatley better off without him! Congratualtions on thanking her for taking him of your hands.You go girl! I admire your pure strength and i am sure you will be an inspiration to all women,me included.

I know you are a very valued and much loved member of MuT with friends who care about you, look up to you and respect you. I send you much love and hugs.You are one very strong lady!

Originally Posted by candy Hi girls,I was wondering if any of you can speak another language except English? I am learning Spanish and have been for a while,but i would be so grateful if someone could help me say a few words in French and German, in fact in any other language! There is a reason for this, mainly to send a message to someone who speaks these languages. The message i would like to translate is a personal message, so please please PM me asap. I really need your help!

Hi Candy, you could try this translater, I used it for something one time but can't remember what, old age setting in I guess
icon_lol.gif

http://www.freetranslation.com/

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 Hi Candy, you could try this translater, I used it for something one time but can't remember what, old age setting in I guess
icon_lol.gif

http://www.freetranslation.com/

Oi stoopid, check out my 1st post to her.. JOKE Harley, i love ya really
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by laura127 Oi stoopid, check out my 1st post to her.. JOKE Harley, i love ya really
biggrin.gif
LOL...That will teach me to answer without going through other answers
icon_redface.gif
. Love ya too Laura
smile.gif

My dad was Mexican and my mother is Puerto Rican, so I'm fluent in Spanish. I also studied a little bit of French but havent mastered it yet. Thats one of my goals for the next year.

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 LOL...That will teach me to answer without going through other answers
icon_redface.gif
. Love ya too Laura
smile.gif
LOL!
biggrin.gif

I took Italian in school for 7 years - but you'd be surprised how much you forget when you don't use it anymore!!! LOL I can understand it better than I can speak it... but I really don't remember much from school. I just look on google for translators... my friend at work is Spanish and I like to joke around with him by IM'ing him in Spanish from across the room when he knows that I don't know a word beyond 'Hola" LOL

Although my favorite phrase from Italian class has to be "Quanti persone che sono nella tua famiglia?" (How many people are in your family - LOL) It just sounds good saying... LOL makes you look like you know what you're talking about... LOLOLOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Spanish is really near french... so I could help you if you want, it's easy from french to speach spanich and italian, I understand these languages naturally... for french I saw nothing...
icon_rolleyes.gif
I can't help you because my french is corrupted by slang!!! lol
icon_redface.gif

Big kiss Candy !

Fr : Joyeux Noël et Bonne Année à tous !

GB : Merry christmas and happy new year to all !

Esp : Feliz Navidad y Feliz ano nuevo !

Pol : Wszystkiego Najlepszego z okazji Świąt !
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks HarleyMom, sometimes i need to be told something twice for it to sink in anyway..lol. I had a LOT of fun last night Laura,once i got started on the Translation page.Thanks.

Marie-Line, you are doing so incredibly well learning your launguages! I am so impressed ! Well Done, your not just a pretty face! Marie-line,when are you putting your lovely piccie up?

Originally Posted by candy Marie-Line, you are doing so incredibly well learning your launguages! I am so impressed ! Well Done, your not just a pretty face! Marie-line,when are you putting your lovely piccie up? Hello Candy,Thanks a lot for what you said!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I don't understand, what does "piccie up" mean
icon_question.gif

Your letter in on my desk, I forgot to post it...
icon_redface.gif
I do it this afternoon.

You're not just a pretty face too, you could speak french as I speak english if you tryed to speak with native french on a board, like I did for english.

Have a nice day everybody!!!
smile.gif

Talk soon Candy!

Hi Marie-Line,

What i should have said was 'when are you sending in your beautiful picture?!
icon_biggrin.gif

Don't worry about the postcard,i haven't managed to get mine posted yet either
icon_redface.gif
..lol

I can speak Spanish!

Originally Posted by candy

Hi girls,I was wondering if any of you can speak another language except English? I am learning Spanish and have been for a while,but i would be so grateful if someone could help me say a few words in French and German, in fact in any other language! There is a reason for this, mainly to send a message to someone who speaks these languages. The message i would like to translate is a personal message, so please please PM me asap. I really need your help!

Hi, Just out of curiousity which language would someone from Austria speak
icon_question.gif

Dutch or German? This is for a communication problem i am having with a seller on ebay. Many Thanks.

Austrian? Like Arnold Schwarzenegger ?

Originally Posted by candy

Hi, Just out of curiousity which language would someone from Austria speak
icon_question.gif
Dutch or German? This is for a communication problem i am having with a seller on ebay. Many Thanks.

Latest posts

Back