Can someone tell me more about aspirin masks?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

I hear people talking about aspirin masks all the time..what exactly are they good for? And, how do you do them? From my understanding, they are good for clearing up acne and easing scars. Do you just mash a bunch of aspirins up in your hand and apply it with some water? For how long? Someone, please educate me!! LOL! I'd love to try it.

Originally Posted by Nicolet Hey Ladies,
I hear people talking about aspirin masks all the time..what exactly are they good for? And, how do you do them? From my understanding, they are good for clearing up acne and easing scars. Do you just mash a bunch of aspirins up in your hand and apply it with some water? For how long? Someone, please educate me!! LOL! I'd love to try it.

Well, aspirins are made with salicylic acid, which helps with pimples and exfoliation (helps fade marks) I do it by using non-coated aspirins (basically the cheapest kind available...got mine for 99 cents @ Walmart) and dissolve them in water. You don't need to mash them first, but you can to make it a finer paste. I add a squirt of pure aloe vera (NOT THE GREEN KIND) to help it stick on, and leave it on from 30 min-1 hour. I think that you can leave it on as long as you like, though.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks, Anne7. How often do you do it? Weekly, monthly,etc? Also, what type of results have you gotten with it? I broke out horribly after I stopped nursing my 2nd, but have cleared it up almost completely. Now, I just have a few small scars, and occasionally oiliness I'd like to control. This sounds like an inexpensive, effective treatment.

Originally Posted by anne7 Well, aspirins are made with salicylic acid, which helps with pimples and exfoliation (helps fade marks) I do it by using non-coated aspirins (basically the cheapest kind available...got mine for 99 cents @ Walmart) and dissolve them in water. You don't need to mash them first, but you can to make it a finer paste. I add a squirt of pure aloe vera (NOT THE GREEN KIND) to help it stick on, and leave it on from 30 min-1 hour. I think that you can leave it on as long as you like, though.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

agree with anne! just like she said, take a few and mix it with enough water to make a paste. I never crush them, they disolve on their own in water in seconds! I usually leave mine on for about 20 min. or so, some do longer, depends how you make it. Some mix in some aloa or yoghurt, so it can stay on your face longer. When made just with water, however, it dries and starts falling off. I wouldn't leave it on your face over night though! too strong for that! might inflame/burn your face! (read that somewhere, somebody's horror experience) Also, when I remove it/wash it off, I gently rub my skin with it like with a scrub. :icon_love

Mmmm that's interesting, ive heard a lot about asprin masks here on MuT but here in the UK asprin masks are not talked about.I quite fancy trying this mask myself as ive heard positive results. Is it good for acne prone skin?

Latest posts

Back