Can we add the ordinary retinol according to skin type to our skincare routine?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I feel like retinol is like coffee. In the beginning you might be like, I’m not sure about it. But then when you start, you will do it until the rest of your life. It’s like the best part of your skincare. I chose the ordinary retinol according to my skin type and amazed with the result. It's my life partner now, so I am never leaving it! What are your thoughts?

Don't Mix: Retinol with vitamin C, benzoyl peroxide, and AHA/BHA acids. AHA and BHA acids are exfoliating, which can dry out skin and cause further irritation if your skincare routine already includes retinol.

Don't Mix: Retinol with vitamin C, benzoyl peroxide, and AHA/BHA acids. AHA and BHA acids are exfoliating, which can dry out skin and cause further irritation if your skincare routine already includes retinol.
Thankyou for clearing it up! I just found that my night cream includes retinol so I am not going for it.

Thankyou for clearing it up! I just found that my night cream includes retinol so I am not going for it.

NIght creams already contain retinol because night creams are meant to gently exfoliate your skin while you sleep. In the morning, you use your morning skin care routine to remove you night cream / eye cream and apply your day time serums, moisturizers etc.

So, no need to add full strength or pure retinol into your regular skin care routine, as this can be dangerous.

Retinol is a substance that acts quite strongly on the skin, especially on the face prone to acne. I used retinol for a month to treat acne, but it highlighted all the impurities I had under my skin and made it look worse. If retinol works for you, then I'm glad for you, your skin should look great. For others who have had the same problem as me, I recommend IPL machine treatments that treat acne and rosacea and rejuvenate the skin. But do not forget to consult a dermatologist before any skin treatment.
How's your acne now after having problems with retinol?

Latest posts

Back