Can you seggestion about foundation with glow?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I likes a full coverage foundation. but most of this foundation come with matt texture. Im looking for foundation with full coverage with some glow.

do you know some?

thank you!

Everyday Minerals has a foundation formula called "Original Glo" which is great for dry skin and gives a dewy effect. If you don't have dry skin, you can put a layer of a original glo foundation and then a layer of your normal foundation on top.

I'm not sure if glow & dewy are the same, but it's quite close ( :

Originally Posted by Isa /img/forum/go_quote.gif Everyday Minerals has a foundation formula called "Original Glo" which is great for dry skin and gives a dewy effect. If you don't have dry skin, you can put a layer of a original glo foundation and then a layer of your normal foundation on top.
I'm not sure if glow & dewy are the same, but it's quite close ( :

thank you!!I have the original glo foundations and its not very glow.. but I keep looking.. thank you anyway..

simha

Maybe you could just mix som glowy foundation with your regular one. That would probably be a very subtle effect.

The Micabella foundation I own is very glowy. It's pricey tho'. Bare Escentuals also gives you a little glow too.

just stick with your regular mineral foundation, and get the finishing powder from MAD minerals. they have one in satin glow (subtle glow) and flash glow.
smile.gif

loose mineral finishing powder makeup

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I likes a full coverage foundation. but most of this foundation come with matt texture. Im looking for foundation with full coverage with some glow. do you know some?

thank you!

I have tried a lot of full coverage foundations also. I have not found ANY that are full coverage with glow. My suggestion is to stick with what works for you in foundation (primer if you need it.) I remember you like Cory; are you still using it? But take a look at a finishing powder that glows or illumiates. Hoozy has a thread (it is a sticky near the top) on all sorts of glowy finishing powders from various companies. Great read.
I am in the process of looking for a glowy or dewy finishing powder myself so I can't recommend a great one. But Lumiere has some ones such as Clear Radiance (I think it might be called Radiance now), Natural, Innocence. If you go to the Lumiere Addicts board those ladies are nice, happy to advise and ALWAYS willing to enable! I plan on trying some of Lumiere ones on my next order. BTW has lowered their rates for international shipping.

Cory has some finishing powders. I have Mist and like it but it is not the ultimate HG for me. While Cory has some nice products, reasonable shipping cost and cheap samples; she does lack in customer service JMO.

Most of the full coverage contain a lot of the ingredient Titanium Dioxide. Usually first ingredient; maybe second on the list. It gives it that full coverage look (plus a natural sunscreen) but it is matt.

By glow do you mean a bit of sparkle and reflective quality? I love the finish of Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation and Aveda Pressed Powder because they have a bit of sheen and give a really nice airbrushed effect that I haven't found in a MMU yet.. I do get nice results mixing my foundation (EDM Intensive) with Aromaleigh Cherub and a bit of BE Diamond Gossamer. It's a lot of work, but I like the finish, especially around my eyes. However, I'm with you, I'd love to find a MMU with a nice glowy, light-diffusing effect, not necessarily the shiny look of BE and EDM Original Glo...

I'd recommend Physicians Formula. They have some wonderfully nice foundations that give you a glow. Also, it's mineral makeup. I know what you mean when you want that matte look with coverage & trust me.. from experience this brand does the trick..! Hope I could help & good luck!

Originally Posted by autumnagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have tried a lot of full coverage foundations also. I have not found ANY that are full coverage with glow. My suggestion is to stick with what works for you in foundation (primer if you need it.) I remember you like Cory; are you still using it? But take a look at a finishing powder that glows or illumiates. Hoozy has a thread (it is a sticky near the top) on all sorts of glowy finishing powders from various companies. Great read.
I am in the process of looking for a glowy or dewy finishing powder myself so I can't recommend a great one. But Lumiere has some ones such as Clear Radiance (I think it might be called Radiance now), Natural, Innocence. If you go to the Lumiere Addicts board those ladies are nice, happy to advise and ALWAYS willing to enable! I plan on trying some of Lumiere ones on my next order. BTW has lowered their rates for international shipping.

Cory has some finishing powders. I have Mist and like it but it is not the ultimate HG for me. While Cory has some nice products, reasonable shipping cost and cheap samples; she does lack in customer service JMO.

Most of the full coverage contain a lot of the ingredient Titanium Dioxide. Usually first ingredient; maybe second on the list. It gives it that full coverage look (plus a natural sunscreen) but it is matt.

thank you very much for the detalied post! I love coryyy!!but she didnt have somthing glow in her products. but she also dont usnwer to any mail that I send to her..

so I just ordering.. without the CS..

:)

Originally Posted by lemurian /img/forum/go_quote.gif By glow do you mean a bit of sparkle and reflective quality? I love the finish of Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation and Aveda Pressed Powder because they have a bit of sheen and give a really nice airbrushed effect that I haven't found in a MMU yet.. I do get nice results mixing my foundation (EDM Intensive) with Aromaleigh Cherub and a bit of BE Diamond Gossamer. It's a lot of work, but I like the finish, especially around my eyes. However, I'm with you, I'd love to find a MMU with a nice glowy, light-diffusing effect, not necessarily the shiny look of BE and EDM Original Glo... thank you! I herad about suncut that have glow in her fuoundation.. maybe I will try that..

Originally Posted by plasticteacup /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'd recommend Physicians Formula. They have some wonderfully nice foundations that give you a glow. Also, it's mineral makeup. I know what you mean when you want that matte look with coverage & trust me.. from experience this brand does the trick..! Hope I could help & good luck! thank you for your seggestion.. but its kind of pricy or that I wrong?

Originally Posted by plasticteacup /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'd recommend Physicians Formula. They have some wonderfully nice foundations that give you a glow. Also, it's mineral makeup. I know what you mean when you want that matte look with coverage & trust me.. from experience this brand does the trick..! Hope I could help & good luck! sorry but do you have any link of this brand? thank you !

It's not a foundation, but I use Pure Luxe April's Mix over my foundation. It's a finishing powder and it gives a gorgeous glow. I've also mixed it in with my foundation, which works just as well.

Back