Can't Seem to find Help in Makeup??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been trying to get experience in makeup every since I found out that I loved it so much and wanted to make it a career. Now, it's getting harder than ever! I've tried calling local spas for makeup artists just to see if I could come in once a week or something to see what an artist really does. Well, I got in contact with 1 out 5 artists who told me that she would have to check with her boss and call me back to see if we could work something out a month ago. She hasn't called back yet. Then, I tried signing up for Theatre Arts in which I could do backstage costuming and makeup for my Senior year of high schol, but turns out that I can't take the class because of 'schedule issues.' I want to do something after school dealing with what I really enjoy and that's when I decided to look for jobs dealing with cosmetics and/or makeup. No luck. So, I'm beat.
scared.gif
I really feel like crying, kicking, screaming, and hate to say it... Giving Up. I am all out of options and I plan on going to school next summer for Makeup, but I wanted something to do for now, which I am having no luck in. Girls, got any ideas what could be my next move?

Well....I know this is going to sound kinda mean...

Most Artists aren't very ethusiastic about helping new people gain experience. Eventually that person could become competition for them. I never had any formal training and I do very well. Just get out there and practice on friends and family. Take pics and develop a portfolio. If you have talent it will shine through the inexperience...

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well....I know this is going to sound kinda mean...Most Artists aren't very ethusiastic about helping new people gain experience. Eventually that person could become competition for them. I never had any formal training and I do very well. Just get out there and practice on friends and family. Take pics and develop a portfolio. If you have talent it will shine through the inexperience...

Hmm... thanks for that advice.

Well, I'm not a MA so I can't really give much advice, but what Amanda said about workin gon your friends and family and making up a portfolio sounds like a great idea! Good Luck!

Don't give up! Ask for your local highschools, because they usually have plays and need people to do makeup, etc. Community centres host events too, and it never hurts to try!

Keep on keeping on,,

Latest posts

Back