Cargo Cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
Just wanted to see what y'all think about the Cargo line. It looks like a pretty good deal wth the size and price.

I like the line a lot. The colors are great, pigmentation is fab, and everything else about the line i have no complaints about. Try them out, if you like UD or MAC, cargo is along those lines

I have 2 of the lip gloss tins, in Chattanooga and La La Land. I like them, fairly non-sticky, but some are sparkly and if I remember right you don't like sparkly.

The bad thing about the line is that the packaging is inconveniently oversized. DON'T think that the tins are filled bottom-to-top with product, because they aren't. The product is actually in a shallow tray that's inserted into the deeper tin, which is misleading. So it's really not necessary for the tins to be so large. Plus, I'm always afraid the lids are going to come off in my purse. They're not really loose, but they don't snap on and I just don't trust them.

Originally Posted by spazbaby I have 2 of the lip gloss tins, in Chattanooga and La La Land. I like them, fairly non-sticky, but some are sparkly and if I remember right you don't like sparkly.
The bad thing about the line is that the packaging is inconveniently oversized. DON'T think that the tins are filled bottom-to-top with product, because they aren't. The product is actually in a shallow tray that's inserted into the deeper tin, which is misleading. So it's really not necessary for the tins to be so large. Plus, I'm always afraid the lids are going to come off in my purse. They're not really loose, but they don't snap on and I just don't trust them.

you are so right, I had the duo lipgloss (which I have since lost) however, the lid came off in my purse a couple of times.

Originally Posted by lovesboxers you are so right, I had the duo lipgloss (which I have since lost) however, the lid came off in my purse a couple of times. That would just ruin my whole day! It's really a shame, cuz the packaging is very cute. They just need to make it more functional.

I ordered two eyeshadows from Sephora last week...so...when I try them out, I can let you know how those are(in St.Tropez and Carmel)!

I really like cargo. The pigment in the eyeshadows is very good. If you like MAC, you like Cargo.
icon_lol.gif

WOW.......I am sorry, I caught the Cargo fever and ordered my first products.

I got two eyeshadows and one blush.......won't know if i like them til aug 4th thru the 8th when they are hopefully gonna arrive in the mail!

Originally Posted by spazbaby I have 2 of the lip gloss tins, in Chattanooga and La La Land. I like them, fairly non-sticky, but some are sparkly and if I remember right you don't like sparkly.

I agree with you 100%. I have a few of their lip gloss tints that arent getting alot of use cause they are so inconvenient. If they packaged them better, I would buy them all the time.

I love their e/s and blushes!!
smile.gif
However, I despise their lipgloss duos. They were just like tinted Vaseline to me - definitely not worth my $20.

they have great pigment---like Stila and MAC---but the packages are really hard to open. If you don't mind the struggle they are worth every penny!
smile.gif

Wow, apparently I'm the only one who really likes Cargo glosses, and I love them, just recently discovered them. I can see why people would be turned off by the fact that the top may easily come off in your purse, that would really suck. As a stay at home mom I don't carry much in my purse (or should I say diaper bag) since I don't go out a whole lot (I still wear makeup most days though, it just makes me feel better). I just really like the texture of them. hth

sheila

Originally Posted by Liz Just wanted to see what y'all think about the Cargo line. It looks like a pretty good deal wth the size and price.

I have the 'Beach blush' in Miami Beach - really pretty blend of colors.... looks great when you swirl em' all together.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I've thought about trying the blushes, they look really pretty.

sheila

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I have the 'Beach blush' in Miami Beach - really pretty blend of colors.... looks great when you swirl em' all together.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'm lovin' the Cargo blush right now....(MIAMI BEACH) It was Janelle's, she wasn't using it, so I adopted it.....Shhhhhh !

Originally Posted by Liz Just wanted to see what y'all think about the Cargo line. It looks like a pretty good deal wth the size and price.

Originally Posted by Liz Just wanted to see what y'all think about the Cargo line. It looks like a pretty good deal wth the size and price. I don't use a ton of makeup-sunscreen, a tinted moisterizer sometimes- but I have a huge soft spot for lip gloss. I've probably tried them all! Anyway, love Cargo's Bora Bora. The colors are nice, it's not too sticky, and one pot has lasted FOREVER!

Back