Castor oil eyelashes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by cottoncandy should i put the oil on the lashes themselves, or more on the roots? or both? I do the entire lash, from root to tip. I've found that if I use one of those dual ended cotton swabs(the ones that have the pointed tip on one end) that it does a better job of getting the roots and doesn't leave me feeling like I have oil all over my eyes.

sorry to revive this thread after such a long time!

I just bought a bottle of organic castor oil and the oil is very viscous. It comes out of the bottle very thick and almost sticky.

I noticed it is close to its expiration date - could this be why or is this how the oil is supposed to be?

would be grateful for any input.

Ive heard mixed reviews, so I thought Id try it on myself. Ill be applying castor oil to my upper and lower lashes aswell as the half of my eyebrows which have sparse hair for two weeks and then see if theres any difference. Ill be reporting on that soon!

I have yet to try this. I have short, thick, pale eyelashes, I have used an eyelash rejuvenation serum by SelectLash, and I use olive oil occasionally... but I'm definitely going to get some castor oil when I see some. I've heard about castor oil from multiple online sources. 

I bought castor oil last week and I've been applying it to my lash line for a few days now. I'll come back to this thread in a month or more to let you know, if it made any difference :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I should probably take a photo now so I can check the progress later.

I started making an actual eye lash serum for myself about a year ago, with castor oil being one of the ingredients. I didn't like castor oil by itself because it is very thick and sticky. But mixed with other ingredients which make it non-sticky and possible to brush it on with a mascara-type wand makes a big difference. It made quite a noticeable difference for me in the pigmentation of my eye lashes, meaning they became blacker, which of course makes them look naturally thicker, and they do not fall out as often as they used to when removing makeup. It also softens the eye area around my lashes really nicely, which is a good thing.

As a result of that success, I also started experimenting with making my own bi-phase eye makeup remover because the one I formerly used was often sold out. I got fed up and decided to try and make my own, and am so glad I did. After experimenting with many different ingredients, I finally settled on a formulation that I am ecstatic with. It does not have castor oil in it, but it does have a percentage of a blend of other oils which make the skin and hair healthier, yet does not at all have an oily texture to it > does not leave behind an oily feeling around the eyes > and is not irritating at all, and as a bonus doesn't leave any chemical residue on the skin around the eyes. My eyes feel super fresh and clean afterwards. It actually doubles as what some people might call a toner, but is not at all a typical toner, but leaves facial skin nice and soft and free of residue from cleansers or soap which can contribute to blackheads, break-outs and irritations.The ingredients in typical eye makeup removers are terrible, as are the ingredients in toners, and it really makes me wonder how much the residue left behind by these products which I see in the stores contribute to fine lines and wrinkles in the eye area and on the face, even when using good serums and creams afterwards.

I absolutely love this remover, especially since it completely takes off both waterproof and non-waterproof eye makeup of all types, is a double-duty product for the eyes and face, and is 100% natural, calming and moisturizing. Using the above castor oil based serum and the bi-phase makeup remover/pseudo-toner together has made a big difference in my eye lashes *and* the skin around my eyes and on my face. I love coming up with products which I can use that are superior to anything I can find in the stores, and that are chemical free and contain ingredients which are great for both the hair and skin. Haven't bought a single bottle of eye makeup remover or after-cleansing product in a very long time because I haven't found anything in the stores which comes anywhere near these in quality or the way they perform. I really, truly love natural ingredients, especially when I can see and prove that they work as good, and far better, than anything that is mass-manufactured.

Anyone here that uses the Oil Cleansing Method would have the same results.  I use a 25% castor/50% jojoba/25% hempseed oil blend to remove all the makeup off my face.  

I use rapid lash for my lashes but right now, I've been lazy.

Thanx for your replie, interesting
icon_wink.gif

That would be great to see if it will make any changes thx. BTW doesn't it burn in your eyes

Originally Posted by aliana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bought castor oil last week and I've been applying it to my lash line for a few days now. I'll come back to this thread in a month or more to let you know, if it made any difference :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I should probably take a photo now so I can check the progress later.

Don't know about the expiration day, but yes castor oil is sticky and thick!!

Originally Posted by jasmine_UK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

sorry to revive this thread after such a long time!
I just bought a bottle of organic castor oil and the oil is very viscous. It comes out of the bottle very thick and almost sticky.
I noticed it is close to its expiration date - could this be why or is this how the oil is supposed to be?
would be grateful for any input.

woow! this is so funny to see others doing the same thing as me! I've used castor oil on my lashes for a few years and I do definateley notice a difference, they are so thick long and soft and it makes them grow super fast, my mum told me to try it as she swears by it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would be careful not to put on too much oil on your lashes, i noticed it makes mine puffy like golf balls, so i keep the castor oil for my hands, it's fantastic on nails.

I did use castor oil for over one year almost every night. It makes eyelashes more moisturized for sure. I started to lose less eyelashes. I didnt like the sticky feeling in the morning, though. I use Fysiko eyelash serum now for growing eyelashes, it made lashes and brows longer and thicker

I've been using castor oil on my lashes and brows for a month now.  I can't tell much difference in my brow but definitely my lashes.  They are much stronger indeed.  One or two would always fall out when i rub my eyes but now they don't.  

I use Fysiko serum to grow eyelashes, castor oil is sticky and doesn't work even 10% like fysiko does, it is funny some people even compare it.

I recently started using coconut oil as a makeup remover (works great for mascara) and noticed a significant change in my eyelashes. They definitely became fuller and longer. And the coconut oil isn't too greasy either.

I recommend Grandelash Md it really worked for our clients and will surely help you as well.

you can find other premium eyelashes products  at javaforbeauty

Back