Castor Oil made my eye brows fuller!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that is such a great tip for us over pluckers eh? haha. Im going to try that out sometime thanks soo much.

I got a quick question about using castor oil on the eyebrows to promote growth.. Does any prodcut that contains castor oil work or does it have to just be castor oil? cause I have no idea where i can find castor oil!

I'm sceptical about castor oil as a hair growth accelerator because there isn't any scientific evidence to back that claim. Does that mean that applying castor oil on the scalp would make hair grow too???

Wow I had no idea that castor oil can help with eyebrow regrowth. I was watching Rachel Ray a few weeks ago and she was talking about this product that helps with growing back eyebrows called "Billion Dollar Brows" I searched it online and it costs $20. I really need to grow by brow in...they are thin from overwaxing and plucking. I am going to try castor oil first and see how much it will grow it out. Thank you for the tip

Has anyone experienced a slightly tingling or burning from using it on your lashes? Do you apply any to your lashline?

I've been using it the past few days and it's kinda been burning, but I figured it's just because my eyes aren't used to it or something (yes,I desperately want thicker lashes!!!) I apply it with a qtip onto my lashes and a bit on my lashline....but I have been having a burning/tingling sensation. Today I was putting on some makeup and the skin on my lashline looks a bit irritated and it looked like it was peeling a bit!!! So i'm slightly freaked. And confused because I assumed castor oil would be moisturising?

Has anyone else experienced this? If not, then I may have to put it down to an allergy or my skin just not liking the stuff. I may keep trying it on my brows cuz those are really thin, too
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ViolentFemme84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Has anyone experienced a slightly tingling or burning from using it on your lashes? Do you apply any to your lashline?
I've been using it the past few days and it's kinda been burning, but I figured it's just because my eyes aren't used to it or something (yes,I desperately want thicker lashes!!!) I apply it with a qtip onto my lashes and a bit on my lashline....but I have been having a burning/tingling sensation. Today I was putting on some makeup and the skin on my lashline looks a bit irritated and it looked like it was peeling a bit!!! So i'm slightly freaked. And confused because I assumed castor oil would be moisturising?

Has anyone else experienced this? If not, then I may have to put it down to an allergy or my skin just not liking the stuff. I may keep trying it on my brows cuz those are really thin, too
smile.gif

Oh my gosh, that doens't sound good!!
frown.gif
I apply it to my lashes and my brows with a clean mascara brush and I haven't experienced any burning or irritation. Maybe only apply it to your lashes, I think it should naturally work its way down the lash to the lashline.

Originally Posted by maisimplicity /img/forum/go_quote.gif I got a quick question about using castor oil on the eyebrows to promote growth.. Does any prodcut that contains castor oil work or does it have to just be castor oil? cause I have no idea where i can find castor oil! I think that some products for lash and/or brow growth do contain it, but I used it full strength. Any pharmacy would have it, since it's better known for being a laxative when taken orally. Hahaha!!
smile.gif
Weird, huh?

Originally Posted by cablegiirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh my gosh, that doens't sound good!!
frown.gif
I apply it to my lashes and my brows with a clean mascara brush and I haven't experienced any burning or irritation. Maybe only apply it to your lashes, I think it should naturally work its way down the lash to the lashline.

I think that some products for lash and/or brow growth do contain it, but I used it full strength. Any pharmacy would have it, since it's better known for being a laxative when taken orally. Hahaha!!
smile.gif
Weird, huh?

I couldn't find it at the pharmacy in here. I found a product with castor oil in it?

Yeah, I do use castor oil on my lashes. It helps! Of course you're not going to have lashes like in the ads (where all of them are false ones
biggrin.gif
), but they became stronger and thicker. And this is a great achievement for me, with such weak lashes :/.

OK, so I've been doing this since December and my bottom lashes are noticably fuller and longer!
smile.gif
My upper lashes probably are too, but I lost quite a few in an eyelash curler incident in January, so it's harder for me to tell. My brows are growing a lot faster for sure too! I'm almost ready to go have my brows done at the Anastasia counter to get them perfectly even again! Hahaha!!

I've heard that Camellia oil help lashes grow, but I dont know were to get it.

Rubbing Sesame seed oil in your scalp/hair is "suposed" to help it grow in more and prevent breakage. I haven't tryed it yet though. Once a week your suposed to message the oil into the scalp and thrugh the hair, wrap in a warm towl, then leave on for 30mins or up to 3 hrs. Shampoo as normal with warm water and rince well. (you can also mix some ginger root juice in to help grow hair more, but it can irritate the scalp)

I really need to try this since its been falling out bit by bit for years now.

Castor Oil? That's a first. I can see it helping hair from breaking (like lashes) but brows don't really break. I tried this experiment on my eyebrow clients in New York, and got great results. They were older with eyebrows that had stopped growing in the outer half of the eyebrow. I had them scrub their eyebrows (with a facial scrub or sugar, it must have some texture to it, or a toothbrush) 2/3 times a week. This gets rid of dead skin, and stimulates the hair follicule. After 1 month, they all came back with eyebrows that had started to grow in. Mind you, this was eyebrows that had stopped growing years ago, so I'm sure this would work on anyone with thin or growing in brows. If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it. Try it and let me know what happens! I'd love to hear more feedback on this.

Also, those brow serums? Have yet to see ANY results from any of them.... they're like lip plumpers. Great in theory but doesn't really work.

I've never used castor oil on my eyebrows, but my mother always recommended it for helping lashes grow. I don't know if it actually makes them grow, but it definitely improves the condition of them. I had a hard time though, too, with it getting into my eyes (I applied it with a Q-tip to my lashes and lashline before bed), and, not surprisingly, it's really irritating! Would definitely use with caution around your lashes.

I like this stuff, my brows are ok, but I put it on my lashes before I go to bed with a clean mascara wand, one from an old mascara that Ive washed really well.

Its been keeping my lashes strong and moisturized. And I also use Talika in the mornings before my mascara and Im sure that helps too. Together they work so well and I love my lashes, if you see before/after pictures its barely believable lol.

BTW I got my castor oil at some health food store, big bottle for $5!

My eye brows are naturally very thin and It's hard to create a good shape. In what quantity to you apply the oil to brows to achieve results?

I think I mentionted it before...I switched to using Mavala Double Lash on my brows (as well as my lashes, where it also does a good job) and it works even better!!! The thin spots are filling it, but the really bald spots would take longer than just 2-3 weeks I guess

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think I mentionted it before...I switched to using Mavala Double Lash on my brows (as well as my lashes, where it also does a good job) and it works even better!!! The thin spots are filling it, but the really bald spots would take longer than just 2-3 weeks I guess I've been wanting to try this! Good to know that it works!

Back