Cate Blanchett Expecting Baby No. 3

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
cate_blanchett180.jpg

Cate Blanchett is pregnant with her third child, the actress confirmed Saturday night in her native Australia, reports the Sydney Morning Herald.

"Yes, I am," Blanchett, 38, said at the Sydney premiere of her film Elizabeth: The Golden Age, according to the paper.

Informed of rumors that she is carrying a boy, Blanchett reportedly responded: "You know more than me. It's early days yet. It's due in April."

The actress and her writer-director husband, Andrew Upton, already have two sons: Dashiell John, 5, and Roman Robert, 3.

As for expanding her family, Blanchett recently told W magazine that she was "not going to wait forever. ... God, I'd love it to be now. I'd love it to be next week."

More Time at Home

Whether it's a boy or a girl, Blanchett plans to spend more time in her native Australia, where she and Upton will be co-directors of the Sydney Theatre Company – a decision partly made in the interests of her children. "He's five now," she said of elder son Dashiell. "He needs to be settled, and I respect that."

A Best Supporting Actress Oscar winner in 2005 for The Aviator (in which she played screen legend Katharine Hepburn), Blanchett has been filming roles in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, with Brad Pitt, and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, with Harrison Ford.

Besides Elizabeth, Blanchett's latest film, in which she is one of several actors to play Bob Dylan, is the biopic of the singer-songwriter, I'm Not There. It premiered at film festivals last month.

Blanchett's next role should be perfect for an expectant mom who might want to stay off her feet: She'll record a voice for the animated film The Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Back