Catherine Zeta-Jones Laughs Off Anorexia Rumors

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
douglas_zetajones180.jpg

Catherine Zeta-Jones is brushing off questions about her recent weight loss, saying she's merely exercising and eating well to keep her svelte figure.

The actress told PEOPLE she laughed when her husband, Michael Douglas, informed her that reports had surfaced suggesting she had an eating disorder. "Michael was laughing at me. He told me what [people had] said – that stories say I'm anorexic. Do I look anorexic?" she told PEOPLE Saturday at the Savannah Film Festival. "How could I ever, ever be anorexic?"

The actress, who joined her husband and their two children, Dylan, 7, and Carys, 4, at the Savannah College of Art and Design's 10th Annual Savannah Film Festival where Douglas was given a Lifetime Achievement Award for acting, said that her eating habits have simply changed a little.

In the past she was a "bread girl," she said, adding, "I looooove bread."
 But these days, "I'm just working out and not chomping down what I usually chomp down."

Zeta-Jones, wearing a black strapless dress at a festival afterparty, said she's concerned about the attention on women's weight. "There are many women [who are] maybe a little fragile, and it becomes a huge issue."

Douglas Jokes About Lifetime Achievement Award

Earlier in the evening, after viewing a montage of Douglas's film career, the actor thanked the Savannah Film Festival for the award. "As far as a lifetime achievement award goes, you always think, 'Have they talked to your doctor?'" he quipped.

He also thanked his father, Kirk Douglas, for his support, his mentor, Karl Malden, who starred with him in The Streets of San Francisco, and his mother, Diana. "My mother is an actress…[she's] not anywhere as famous as my father, but my mother always had such a love of acting, such a joy. It wasn't how successful she was in her career but how much she loved acting and that helped me a lot.

Douglas, 63, also joked about how his children are too young to know much about their father's career. "Dylan is 7 and Carys is 4. I don't have a movie that they can see. So up until tonight, they knew mommy is an actress and daddy makes pancakes. So thank you. Now they know what their father does."

she is slim but certainly not anorexic, I wouldn't have said. Do magazines have nothing to do other than report who's gotten fat and who's got an eating disorder? lol

thanks for posting, I like CZJ!

Go Magazines go. They can ruin ANYONE'S self esteem in 2 seconds flat. I guess thats the price you pay for being in the public eye though.

i think there's a misconception that if someone isn't skin & bones thin then they can't have an eating disorder.. i.e '' she dosen't look annorexic ''. most of the annorexic/bullemic people i know are actually of normal weight.. and i even know a few that could be considered overweight. with that said, i have no clue if she's annorexic or not. i surely hope that she isn't. she's gorgeous and equally talented.

Originally Posted by mac-whore /img/forum/go_quote.gif i think there's a misconception that if someone isn't skin & bones thin then they can't have an eating disorder.. i.e '' she dosen't look annorexic ''. most of the annorexic/bullemic people i know are actually of normal weight.. and i even know a few that could be considered overweight. with that said, i have no clue if she's annorexic or not. i surely hope that she isn't. she's gorgeous and equally talented. That's especially true for bulimics. However, by definition anorexics eventually become very thin because they are not eating enough to sustain normal body weight.

Latest posts

Back