CBS Early Show Story on Makeup swapping online

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Consumer Correspondant Susan Koeppen did a story this morning that I found extremely annoying..She made swapping makeup sound so dirty when it's probably safer then trying makeup at the local makeup counter at the mall or even when her makeup lady does her makeup for the show..I hate ignorance..You can all view the story here: http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_vi...in500251.shtml

i was *just* heading over to post a about this. my favorite part was that they kept saying that we get something for nothing. uh.......where do they think these products come from in the first place? in a swap, both people actually have to pay for the items theyre sending to each other! that dermatologists testimony sounded scripted. who the hell is swapping for used mascara anyway? many people wont accept a used wand gloss. id love to see some figures about how long viruses and bacteria can actually survive in certain makeup environments. what is it, something like 1/3 of americans have the herpes virus? have any of them managed to get herpes or any other virus through swapping? ill admit that its possible for bacteria to live in an environment like foundation, but i dont think im going to get bubonic diptheria from a lipstick. they totally glossed over (no pun intended) the sanitization aspect. i also didnt like the condescending banter at the end where one "reporter" was amazed that there are men on beauty sites. oh no, there couldnt be men, straight or otherwise on beauty sites. can you tell im a bit irritated about this whole thing? people on mua have been saying that theyre worried about trolls or an influx of new and annoying members. well, ive yet to see any troll on mua that wasnt already a well established member going incognito, and i doubt that many new members will join as a result of that smear campaign. its not safe? its gross? sign me up!

Originally Posted by haloinrverse i was *just* heading over to post a about this. my favorite part was that they kept saying that we get something for nothing. uh.......where do they think these products come from in the first place? in a swap, both people actually have to pay for the items theyre sending to each other! that dermatologists testimony sounded scripted. who the hell is swapping for used mascara anyway? many people wont accept a used wand gloss. id love to see some figures about how long viruses and bacteria can actually survive in certain makeup environments. what is it, something like 1/3 of americans have the herpes virus? have any of them managed to get herpes or any other virus through swapping? ill admit that its possible for bacteria to live in an environment like foundation, but i dont think im going to get bubonic diptheria from a lipstick. they totally glossed over (no pun intended) the sanitization aspect. i also didnt like the condescending banter at the end where one "reporter" was amazed that there are men on beauty sites. oh no, there couldnt be men, straight or otherwise on beauty sites. can you tell im a bit irritated about this whole thing? people on mua have been saying that theyre worried about trolls or an influx of new and annoying members. well, ive yet to see any troll on mua that wasnt already a well established member going incognito, and i doubt that many new members will join as a result of that smear campaign. its not safe? its gross? sign me up! ooops. I posted this on the board too. LOL.. I'll go back and erase it. I assumed that the founder of MUA would be younger. Guess I was wrong. ttyl Cali

Latest posts

Back