Celebrity Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
What makeup brands do celbs use to get that "polished, looks like they're not wearing any makeup" makeup? Mostly eye shadows and stuff.

They don't look over done or too glittery, and doesn't look like they're wearing makeup.

I've found that it's not really about the brand, but how you apply and blend. You also have to find the colors that work best on you. I've never been great at the natural look because I do so much Glamour style makeup, but since I've been at school my goal is to practice more natural looks. No matter what type of makeup I'm using and even if I'm not particularly fond of the color I'm using, I can get it to look nice and put together. I never really believed it was possible, I'm such a brand snob at times, but I've been using stuff in class that I would never use on my clients and it's still looking pretty good.

Originally Posted by envymi I've found that it's not really about the brand, but how you apply and blend. You also have to find the colors that work best on you. I've never been great at the natural look because I do so much Glamour style makeup, but since I've been at school my goal is to practice more natural looks. No matter what type of makeup I'm using and even if I'm not particularly fond of the color I'm using, I can get it to look nice and put together. I never really believed it was possible, I'm such a brand snob at times, but I've been using stuff in class that I would never use on my clients and it's still looking pretty good. You gotta get us some pics!
smile.gif
How are you liking MU School?
icon_wink.gif

My girlfriend's cousin does makeup down in hollywood for a few soaps, and some celebrities, as well. She did my friend's makeup for her wedding and used this tool that actually "airbrushes" liquid foundation on. It literally sprays it on you! She looked glowy and flawless. I'm not sure what that specific technique is called or what foundation she used.

Originally Posted by Liz What makeup brands do celbs use to get that "polished, looks like they're not wearing any makeup" makeup? Mostly eye shadows and stuff.
They don't look over done or too glittery, and doesn't look like they're wearing makeup.

I don't know of anyone who's bought an airbrush compressor just for personal makeup use. My BF bought me one because he wants me to use it for one of the projects he's doing, but I'm still trying to get the hang of it. It's great for TV and Film makeup, especially if it's shot on HD.

And MU school is a bit bland because I know way more than my teacher and I think I've worked on way more projects and celebs than she has, but it's a good way for me to practice more natural styles of MU because I've really only done glam. I'll be doing a movie soon, so I really need to work on the natural look for film. It sucks though because we all practice on each other and the way everyone's been working on me, I can't see any of them getting a job doing anyone's MU. But I can say I've improved my contouring technique since class, I just don't think that was worth what I paid for the class
frown.gif
Oh well!

I have also learned from experience that it is 'How' you put it on more so then 'What' you put on. Don't get me wrong if the product is junk it will be but only so good. However a 'junkie' product put on well will look better then a 'quality' product slapped on.

So concentrate on your tools such as:

Brush's: shadow, check, powder, lip (changes the texture appreace of lipstick)

Sponges: especially for under eye application

Eye/brow lash comb and brush: groom before applying makeup

Your ring finger: perfect preasure for dabbing on liquid makeup

Water/skin care: makeup can't 'makeup' for dehydration and neglect

Practice: If you see someone with the look you want ask them to show you how to do it.

Also remember most celebs have special lighting to work with also
icon_wink.gif

thanks for the tips everyone!

it's not so much the application of the makeup that i was wondering. It was more of the makeup brands that i was interested in.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Liz thanks for the tips everyone!
it's not so much the application of the makeup that i was wondering. It was more of the makeup brands that i was interested in.
smile.gif

Depends on the celebrity! (and if they have any endorsements!!) ie:
Beyonce - L'Oreal

Eva Mendes, Halle Berry & Julianne Moore - Revlon

Pamela Anderson, Christina Aguilera & Missy Elliott - MAC

Whose look to you want to copy?

It varies.. sometimes celebs splurge on skincare and not the MU as much. They also get facials regularly to keep that skin glowing. J. Lo has most of her MU airbrushed on, which looks the most flawless. I've met some celebs who had what seemed to be a TON of foundation on and bronzer to sculpt the face. In photos, the cakeyness doesn't show because of the lighting.

Celeb's MU is something that has always fascinated and frustrated me! I know they do a ton of retouching in magazine pix, but even when you see them interviewed on TV, they look amazing! No eye goobers, no oily shine on the forehead, no creased eyeshadow, no lipstick "eaten off"...they always look dewy and polished and perfect! AAAARRRRGGGHHH! And like, those awards shows go on for hours. How can they look good for so long? Do they have A MUA following them around or what!
confused.gif

Originally Posted by Liz What makeup brands do celbs use to get that "polished, looks like they're not wearing any makeup" makeup? Mostly eye shadows and stuff.

I'm not sure about specific brands, but I always notice that MA's like to lighten up celebs undereye area and it gives off the effect of a soft glow or a "i just had 8hrs sleep" glow

LOL! YOu are so right mAra! They always look so polished even if they've been out all night the night before. But girls, i'm sure we'd all look that great if we had professionals doing out make up every day!

I bet we could all look like that too if we had makeup and hair prople following us around too!!! lol But I think it's application too - you'll see in magazines how they do a cover model's MU - and half the time - they use drugstore brands
wink.gif

Envy - do you have any pics of the work you've done?? I'm dying to see them!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I bet we could all look like that too if we had makeup and hair prople following us around too!!! lol But I think it's application too - you'll see in magazines how they do a cover model's MU - and half the time - they use drugstore brands
wink.gif

Envy - do you have any pics of the work you've done?? I'm dying to see them!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Yeah, I'll have to pull some out once I get stuff out of storage. I'm moving in a couple weeks on top of all the work I have coming up, so next month will be kinda busy for me. But if I can't get to my pics soon, I'll be sure to take some on my upcoming projects because there will be lots of celebs
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Oh and the airbrushing definitely makes a diffrence...at the trade show I sat and talked to Roque Cozzette for like 2 hours while he was doing some makeup for a model at the Kett airbrushing booth. Roque is a MUA who's worked on severla celebs-mainly Christina Milian and a few other music folks. Even though I've seen several people get airbrushed, I was amazed at how well his glamour looks came out just using the airbrush...FLAWLESS!!! He was the BOMB! It was funny because there was this workshop the day after the tradeshow that I was gonna attend, but he was the instructor. SInce I spent sooooo much time with him and got soooo much info from him, I really didn't need to go to the wkshp. We did exchange emails and he said I could contact him with any questions I come up with while starting out with the airbrushing. So I must say that even with photoshop in celeb pics, airbrushing makes a hellova difference for celebs in person.

ooh. that's cool! i've never seen anyone with airbrush makeup.

Originally Posted by envymi Yeah, I'll have to pull some out once I get stuff out of storage. I'm moving in a couple weeks on top of all the work I have coming up, so next month will be kinda busy for me. But if I can't get to my pics soon, I'll be sure to take some on my upcoming projects because there will be lots of celebs
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Oh and the airbrushing definitely makes a diffrence...at the trade show I sat and talked to Roque Cozzette for like 2 hours while he was doing some makeup for a model at the Kett airbrushing booth. Roque is a MUA who's worked on severla celebs-mainly Christina Milian and a few other music folks. Even though I've seen several people get airbrushed, I was amazed at how well his glamour looks came out just using the airbrush...FLAWLESS!!! He was the BOMB! It was funny because there was this workshop the day after the tradeshow that I was gonna attend, but he was the instructor. SInce I spent sooooo much time with him and got soooo much info from him, I really didn't need to go to the wkshp. We did exchange emails and he said I could contact him with any questions I come up with while starting out with the airbrushing. So I must say that even with photoshop in celeb pics, airbrushing makes a hellova difference for celebs in person.

Originally Posted by Scarlette It varies.. sometimes celebs splurge on skincare and not the MU as much. They also get facials regularly to keep that skin glowing. J. Lo has most of her MU airbrushed on, which looks the most flawless. I've met some celebs who had what seemed to be a TON of foundation on and bronzer to sculpt the face. In photos, the cakeyness doesn't show because of the lighting. I also heard about Jennifer Lopez using airbrush makeup, and she also has her body airbrushed for awards shows to make her skin look glowy and perfect. I think if I get married, I am going to hire someone to use an airbrush for face makeup...

Celebrity Without Make Up:

Pamela Anderson

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=450 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>
celebrity-without-make-up-pamela-anderson.jpg
</TD><TD align=middle>
celebrity-without-make-up-pamela-anderson2.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Britney Spears

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=450 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>
celebrity-without-make-up-britney-spears.jpg
</TD><TD align=middle>
celebrity-without-make-up-britney-spears2.jpg

Jennifer Lopez

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=400 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>
celebrity-without-make-up-jennifer-lopez.jpg
</TD><TD align=middle>
celebrity-without-make-up-jennifer-lopez2.jpg

Christina Aguilera

celebrity-without-make-up-christina-aguilera.jpg
</TD><TD align=middle>
celebrity-without-make-up-christina-aguilera2.jpg

Originally Posted by anne7 I also heard about Jennifer Lopez using airbrush makeup, and she also has her body airbrushed for awards shows to make her skin look glowy and perfect. I think if I get married, I am going to hire someone to use an airbrush for face makeup...

Latest posts

Back