Ceramic Flat Irons

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by bebexkhmergrl wow an iron that will save time?
biggrin.gif
All this talk about Chi. I want it badly now. *adds to checklist*

I've bought 3 or 4 irons from drugstores and regular stores...And just kept getting disppointed because the irons made my hair more dry than straight. So they only sell the Chi iron online?

I usually don't buy anything online, but maybe it's worth it.
icon_confused.gif

So which Chi iron is the best?

I know I can get the Chi at my local beauty supply store.. but only licensed cosmetologists can go in there. Um if it's really a lot online I could pick one up from there and ship it to you at cost. I think the place I go to had it for 150.

Originally Posted by jaimelynn83 I know I can get the Chi at my local beauty supply store.. but only licensed cosmetologists can go in there. Um if it's really a lot online I could pick one up from there and ship it to you at cost. I think the place I go to had it for 150. I wish I had the money to get it now.
icon_sad.gif
K, I'll look into that original 1-inch Chi iron and start saving though.
smile.gif

My hair is thin and actually wavy, so I don't think I have anything to lose. I don't think I have a problem straightening it, so it must be those cheapers irons I use to have.

this right? http://www.folica.com/CHI_Ceramic_Fla_d1.html

Originally Posted by bebexkhmergrl I wish I had the money to get it now.
icon_sad.gif
K, I'll look into that original 1-inch Chi iron and start saving though.
smile.gif

My hair is thin and actually wavy, so I don't think I have anything to lose. I don't think I have a problem straightening it, so it must be those cheapers irons I use to have.

this right? http://www.folica.com/CHI_Ceramic_Fla_d1.html

Yup! That's it...
smile.gif
They are really expensive for a flat iron... but everyone I know swears by it - so I guess it's worth the investment. Just don't forget a protectant!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Lealabell I have GHD ceramic straightners and I couldn't get my hair straight by myslef without them. They weren't cheap, but they were voted UK Instyle Magazine's best straightening irons in their 150 top beauty buys. i have GHD too but they really damaged the ends of my hair cause my hair is so fine and no matter how many heat protection products i used my ends ended up looking bristle and dry and split. my cousins swear by it though. i prefer using my ceramic straightening brush and ceramic and ionic hair dryer!

I was looking at that website, has anyone tried the makeup or some of the other items for sale, some look nice. I have never heard of the website, but I will be checking into the ceremic iron.

after buying flat iron at my local drugstore and damaging my hair more than anything, I decided to put money where I know I would get something good so I bought the CHI and I love my CHI!!!!!!!!!

oooooooooh..I need help in this area. I recently bought the T3 tourmaline from Sephora which worked great but its not dual voltage and it popped when i used it with a voltage converter in London
icon_cry.gif
for those of you who have the CHI and GHD irons...are they dual voltage? or do they have dual voltage versions? cuz i travel a lot!

Originally Posted by beautynista oooooooooh..I need help in this area. I recently bought the T3 tourmaline from Sephora which worked great but its not dual voltage and it popped when i used it with a voltage converter in London
icon_cry.gif
for those of you who have the CHI and GHD irons...are they dual voltage? or do they have dual voltage versions? cuz i travel a lot! hmmm... I'm not sure on this one... anyone else have any ideas?

I love my CHI. I straighten and curl with my flat iron. Worth every penny. God Bless the creator of this invention.

Originally Posted by Charmaine I heard that you can only use Chi in the US and Canada...that's all I know but I hope it's not true cause I'm going out of the country next year and I cannot live without it! I hope you're using protection Missy! (Wow, I sound like a parent there! Lmao!!)
icon_eek.gif

I use a ceramic iron by Jilbere, I got it from Sally Beauty Supply for like $40 and it is fantastic... I have had it for like 4 years with no problems, it has 30 heat settings, ad doesn't fry my hair!

This thing is my HG... Now that I know I don't have to buy a $200 iron to do a great job, I am sticking with my Jilbere...

And Liz I am two left feet when it comes to blowouts too... I completely suck! I can usually mimic other people and get the job done with stuff, but blowdrying straight either takes like 2 full hours or it just turns into a ball of frizz on my head! So you are definitely not alone!!

Originally Posted by MACGoddess I use a ceramic iron by Jilbere, I got it from Sally Beauty Supply for like $40 and it is fantastic... I have had it for like 4 years with no problems, it has 30 heat settings, ad doesn't fry my hair!
This thing is my HG... Now that I know I don't have to buy a $200 iron to do a great job, I am sticking with my Jilbere...

And Liz I am two left feet when it comes to blowouts too... I completely suck! I can usually mimic other people and get the job done with stuff, but blowdrying straight either takes like 2 full hours or it just turns into a ball of frizz on my head! So you are definitely not alone!!

Awww! Hopefully I'll get some tut's up for blowdrying... maybe it can help
wink.gif

To get an amazing Ceramic Flat Iron get ready to pay $300-$400. My hairdresser sells them, and they make your hair super straight and your hair doesn't even frizz in the the humidity! It's a special ionic one and doesn't damage the hair!!

Originally Posted by babykisses I used to use my real iron for straightening and belive it or not it works for me!!! I think my mom used to do this too! lol It's actually pretty much the same concept. Unless you have a ceramic iron - you're pretty much doing the same thing as you do to your pants
wink.gif
What is the iron your hairdresser sells?
icon_wink.gif

Ouch, I use to use a real iron too. I hope your at least putting a thin towel in between your hair and the iron....

Originally Posted by Mambz098 I have a chi i have had it for over 2 years and it hasn't broken on me and it really is amazing it used to take me forever to straighten my hair now i can do it in 15 minutes.. I love it... WHERE DID U BUY UR CHI FROM?

Back