Cetaphil or Purpose?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi girlies - another question...gosh, i just love this site! so i mentioned this in another thread about having dry but acne prone skin. I just saw my dermatologist and she prescribed 2 topical creams for me - differin and duac....but she suggested using a mild facial cleanser like purpose or cetaphil. does anyone use them? if so, do you like these products?

I've used both and like both!
smile.gif

Cetaphil is milder, so it's better for sensitive skin, in my opinion Purpose has some ingridients in it that could cause irritation to really senitive skin

i liked cetaphil when i was using it, but i was always curious about purpose, too.

I heard raves about this product, but never got the chance to try it since it's not available in Japan.

I've never used either, but I know a lot of girls use Cetaphil and love it!

I use Cetaphil (haven't tried purpose yet) and I love it! It is very mild and leaves your skin feeling great.. not overly dry like some cleansers and not slimy just very comfortable..

I use the face lotion too and love it - especially when I put it on RIGHT after the shower (my face is still wet).. Great stuff!

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have only used cetaphil and it was super gentle. Ditto!

i like purpose much better, it really cleanse my face much better than cetaphil, and cetaphil always leaves a film like feeling into my face.

I use Eguate at Wal-Mart skin cleanser gentle formula which works great. It cleans, doesn't effect my lipids and I add Salicylic Acid to it in the palm of my hand for acne and pore reduction. My skin is the clearest it ever been.

I've never used Purpose but I got to say I just started using Cetaphil after hearing all the hype and lemme tell you it is awesome. Takes off all my makeup, i was really surprised- I didnt think it would work this well! Thanks everyone for recommending it!

Back