Chanel Glossimers!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was curious about Dior's Plastic Gloss,in fact I was thinking to buy or Glossimer or Plastic Gloss,but from what you say I think I'll go for the Chanel!!But I want to have a "non buy lip gloss" period for a while,I have many and I don't wear them all,I want to start buy some lipsticks too instead of lip glosses,but when my lipglosses start to end I will definetely try Chanel!!

Originally Posted by Eva121 I love my glossimer,I have satinette,the color seems so "cheap",but it actually works really well for me.About the stickyness.. I have a glossimer,I have a Dior Plastic gloss... what a difference, my glossimer is nowhere near as sticky as my Dior gloss
smile.gif

If you find the right shade for yourself,you'll love your glossimer.

Originally Posted by Sophia I was curious about Dior's Plastic Gloss,in fact I was thinking to buy or Glossimer or Plastic Gloss,but from what you say I think I'll go for the Chanel!!But I want to have a "non buy lip gloss" period for a while,I have many and I don't wear them all,I want to start buy some lipsticks too instead of lip glosses,but when my lipglosses start to end I will definetely try Chanel!! Lol, you sound just like me.Well,it depends what you want from your lipgloss. My Dior gloss (454,impulsive rose) is a lot of color,my glossimer is a lot of shine.

Don't get me wrong,they're both good,but very different. If I were you I'd go to a store and check them both out,see which kind suits you best or which one has just the right shade for you.

(but still, I have to admit,if I had to choose,I'd choose my glossimer :icon_love )

Thanks Eva,I didn't know Dior's has more color!Well I prefer glosses with little color in!Unless is summer and I want something more orange to match with my tan!!

Originally Posted by Eva121 Lol, you sound just like me.Well,it depends what you want from your lipgloss. My Dior gloss (454,impulsive rose) is a lot of color,my glossimer is a lot of shine.

Don't get me wrong,they're both good,but very different. If I were you I'd go to a store and check them both out,see which kind suits you best or which one has just the right shade for you.

(but still, I have to admit,if I had to choose,I'd choose my glossimer :icon_love )

Originally Posted by Sophia Thanks Eva,I didn't know Dior's has more color!Well I prefer glosses with little color in!Unless is summer and I want something more orange to match with my tan!! I can only speak for the shades I have of course, there are so many glossimer-shades,I' d be surprised if there weren't any with more color
smile.gif
But as I said,test them both,maybe ask some advice in the store.Or go a little crazy and buy both
wink.gif

Well I would be very crazy to buy them both!!I prefer to buy a lipstick instead and later a lipgloss!!Really have you try Chanel's lipsticks?Also I'm between Biotherm and Dior's lipsticks!

Originally Posted by Eva121 I can only speak for the shades I have of course, there are so many glossimer-shades,I' d be surprised if there weren't any with more color
smile.gif
But as I said,test them both,maybe ask some advice in the store.Or go a little crazy and buy both
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Sophia Well I would be very crazy to buy them both!!I prefer to buy a lipstick instead and later a lipgloss!!Really have you try Chanel's lipsticks?Also I'm between Biotherm and Dior's lipsticks! No,I'm a lipstick-newbie as well
smile.gif
I do have some samples, of hydrabase-lipstick (chanel) and I like them,but I really don't know much about lipsticks in general, I'm a gloss-girl
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Sophia Well I would be very crazy to buy them both!!I prefer to buy a lipstick instead and later a lipgloss!!Really have you try Chanel's lipsticks?Also I'm between Biotherm and Dior's lipsticks! Chanel lipsticks are very nice Sophia. Once again, there are many types: Hydrabase Lipsticks (highly moisturizing, long-lasting, nice medium color intensity), Aqualumiere Lipsticks (goes on sheer, packed with Vitamin B and E, and SPF 15, very moisturizing), and the Infrarouge Lipstics (different lipsticks that come in different textures, like MAC: shiny-sheer glace, nature, matte, satin, iridescent and metallic.) Let me know what colors you are looking for and I'd be happy to recommend a shade for you!

Thanks ikebana!Well I like pink colors but I already have a pink one(Estee Lauder's Pure Color Crystal,crystal baby),also I like to try more pearl/frost lipsticks,now I look for more peachy colors!Is any other color that would look nice on NC20?Really ikebana you're a make up artist?Because you know so much!!

Originally Posted by ikebana Chanel lipsticks are very nice Sophia. Once again, there are many types: Hydrabase Lipsticks (highly moisturizing, long-lasting, nice medium color intensity), Aqualumiere Lipsticks (goes on sheer, packed with Vitamin B and E, and SPF 15, very moisturizing), and the Infrarouge Lipstics (different lipsticks that come in different textures, like MAC: shiny-sheer glace, nature, matte, satin, iridescent and metallic.) Let me know what colors you are looking for and I'd be happy to recommend a shade for you!

Originally Posted by Sophia Thanks ikebana!Well I like pink colors but I already have a pink one(Estee Lauder's Pure Color Crystal,crystal baby),also I like to try more pearl/frost lipsticks,now I look for more peachy colors!Is any other color that would look nice on NC20?Really ikebana you're a make up artist?Because you know so much!! Thanks Sophia! I'm focusing on university right now so I haven't been able to do make-up professionally in awhile. I would love to come back to MAC or Chanel though! You should definitely look at "Tempt" (this one is a peachy nude... you may not like this one if you're not interested in paler lipsticks-- its a hydrabase if I remember correctly). "Waikiki" is an aqualumiere lipstick and is a shimmery pink, and "Cristal Peach" (hydrabase) is a deeper frosty peach with bronze undertones.

Thanks ikebana!Well Cristal peach sounds good,Tempt too!Really yo're going to university?Me too!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
What are you studying?

Originally Posted by ikebana Thanks Sophia! I'm focusing on university right now so I haven't been able to do make-up professionally in awhile. I would love to come back to MAC or Chanel though! You should definitely look at "Tempt" (this one is a peachy nude... you may not like this one if you're not interested in paler lipsticks-- its a hydrabase if I remember correctly). "Waikiki" is an aqualumiere lipstick and is a shimmery pink, and "Cristal Peach" (hydrabase) is a deeper frosty peach with bronze undertones.

Originally Posted by Sophia Thanks ikebana!Well Cristal peach sounds good,Tempt too!Really yo're going to university?Me too!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
What are you studying? Cool! I'm at New York University studying Journalism... what about you?

Well I'm studying in a University in Athens,Public Administration!!

Originally Posted by ikebana Cool! I'm at New York University studying Journalism... what about you?

Originally Posted by Sophia Well I'm studying in a University in Athens,Public Administration!! Very interesting-- actually a lot of my friends are studying public relations...I'm guessing that is similar to public administration! xx

Well public administration is more like public managment!

Originally Posted by ikebana Very interesting-- actually a lot of my friends are studying public relations...I'm guessing that is similar to public administration! xx

I only have 1 Dior Addict gloss (in X-Fushia). The glosses are around $23 and the texture is the same as Juicy Tubes by Lancome for $17. I was disappointed, I was hoping it would be less sticky. Unless I see a Dior shade I "must" have, I'll stick with the Juicy Tubes.

Back