Chanel Montaigne, anyone considering purchasing?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score

Image Credit Chanel

I am on the fence about it since it is $80. Their last LE quint like this was the pearl one, which I bought and love. This is $15 more though. Cost aside, what do you think of the colors?

I really like the first 3, but I do not like and would not wear the last 2!  So for me, it wouldn't really be a great deal because I'd have 2 dark colors that I wouldn't wear.

I'm very "meh" about those colors. I'm pretty sure only the first and fourth ones would work for me, and I just don't like the colors in general. 

Ooh! I love the colors.The price is holding me back though. I do love Chanel and usually the products are worth the price tag but not sure if I need this that badly. I might have to figure out how to get it.
smile.gif
Because of the price not sure though. Thanks for posting, otherwise I would have missed this.

I think it was made by Zeus himself.

No, wait. That's the $95 highlighter they have. Must just be the diamonds that come with it. 

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wait... $80? For that? Do you get diamonds with it or anything?

I like the colors, but I wouldn't spend $80 on the product. I'd definitely consider purchasing it if I could get a deal on it.

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wait... $80? For that? Do you get diamonds with it or anything?
Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think it was made by Zeus himself.

No, wait. That's the $95 highlighter they have. Must just be the diamonds that come with it.

LOL!!! I know I would be paying a premium on top of the cost of the eyeshadow for the Chanel name. Sometimes I am OK with that, other times not. I hope this doesn't sell out before I decide, but a that price it likely will not.

no secret here but I love Chanel and their products and usually I dont care how much it is I still will get it. This however seems pretty overpriced. I bought the Pearl quint last year and honestly I have only ever used it twice so even though I think I would get more use out of this one since it is a little more neutral, with an $80 price tag I will have to skip it. I will just have to keep loving on the blush I bought from their spring collection 

Ooh the colors are lovely!  But man, even being Chanel, I can't justify paying 80 bucks for 5 shadows!  I guess I pay more than that when I buy Bobbi Brown individual shadows, but those are bigger it seems.  I guess I'd have to see it in person to decide--if the color payoff/pigmentation was awesome, and the colors just as pretty as they look in the pan, then it might be worth it.  Sure is purrrty. 

I think the colors are quite pretty and versatile.  They look even better in swatches, especially the fourth shade.  It reminds me of the peridot nail polish.  I wish high-end brands would stop including those foam applicators though.  It cheapens the look, and I think it's the one thing that's really stopped me from loving any of these palettes.

The colors are really nice, but the first three are very light and the other two are very dark :/ Not something I'd wear every day, but still nice.

buy it before they don't have any more. The beige yellows are fantastic and you can do a beautiful powder liner little black on the top and brown smudged on the bottom lash line, after all brunets need eye definition. You never regret chanel!

Originally Posted by studiomakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

buy it before they don't have any more. The beige yellows are fantastic and you can do a beautiful powder liner little black on the top and brown smudged on the bottom lash line, after all brunets need eye definition. You never regret chanel!
That is SO NOT true! There are quite a few Chanel purchases that I regret #1 being the quint set they came out with last year in the Spring with their pearl collection. I HATE that palette now! I kick myself everytime I see that palette sitting on my vanity :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There is noway I would ever buy that!

I'd rather go and find dupes to work with, some makeup is far to expensive.

Latest posts

Back