Chanel products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to know more about Chanel products especially make up products! I haven't try any of them and I want to know if they worth trying them!! I've listen good things about their glossimers and eyeshadows!!What do you think???
icon_question.gif

I like their nail varnishes (although I don't have any), their cristalle glosses and the lip ink they did last year.

I love Chanel cosmetics (may be a little biased, as I used to work for them). Their new line is fantastic-- very reminiscent of MAC's D'Bohemia line (rich golds, oranges, reds and smoldering black). Check out gloss.com to see Chanel's new line.

Chanel blushes are smooth (almost velvety) and produce a vibrant, luminous finish. The packaging is really cute too (the blush and eyeshadows are "quilted" just like their signature handbags
icon_cheesygrin.gif
).

The eyeshadows are nice as well, however the color selections are not nearly as extensive as MAC's! They have some really nice color duos though, I just bought "Orient Express"-- its a pink/greyish-purple duo.

The Cristalle Glosses produce a wet, shiny finish without the stickiness of MAC lipglass (but once again, the color selections are slim).

For more intense color with a little more shimmer, I reccommend Chanel Glossimer Extreme: its moisturizing, and gives a thicker, more intense look on the lips (like a lacquer).

Good Luck!
icon_biggrin.gif

jennifer has thier brushes and she said that she like hers sonia ones from target better. or at least some of them.

I'm a huge Chanel fan...I pretty much have all of their makeup. The lip products are the best IMO-liners, lipsticks, glosses, all of it! I like their foundations and the pressed powders, I'm not too big on their loose powders. The blushes are nice and apply very soft. Their eyeshadows are nice, way more natural in colors than other brands. If you're looking for bright,bold colors for eyes, Chanel is not the way to go.

I have used their lipstick and it's average and I have about 4 different Chanel perfumes, that's it.

Originally Posted by Sophia I want to know more about Chanel products especially make up products! I haven't try any of them and I want to know if they worth trying them!! I've listen good things about their glossimers and eyeshadows!!What do you think???
icon_question.gif

Originally Posted by envymi I'm a huge Chanel fan...I pretty much have all of their makeup. The lip products are the best IMO-liners, lipsticks, glosses, all of it! I like their foundations and the pressed powders, I'm not too big on their loose powders. The blushes are nice and apply very soft. Their eyeshadows are nice, way more natural in colors than other brands. If you're looking for bright,bold colors for eyes, Chanel is not the way to go. Which lipsticks and eyeshadows shades are very good?

Originally Posted by Sophia Which lipsticks and eyeshadows shades are very good? I have all their shadows and most of the lipsticks...what kind of colors are you looking for? Some of the staples of my collection are discontinued now, but some nice brown combos are the Tamises trio and the Variations or the Spices quads. I also love the irreelle single Venus with any color or by itself and there's some nice duos now too...let me know what kind of colors you're looking for and I can be more specific.

Originally Posted by envymi I have all their shadows and most of the lipsticks...what kind of colors are you looking for? Some of the staples of my collection are discontinued now, but some nice brown combos are the Tamises trio and the Variations or the Spices quads. I also love the irreelle single Venus with any color or by itself and there's some nice duos now too...let me know what kind of colors you're looking for and I can be more specific. I like peachy and pink colors on my lips and natural beige and browns for my eyes!

Originally Posted by Sophia I like peachy and pink colors on my lips and natural beige and browns for my eyes! OK, so the eyeshadows I already mentioned should be good. As far as lipsticks, some of my faves are Pink Sugar, Cristalle Peach, Cocoa, Mischief, Beige de Chanel, and Temptress. Take a look at those first and let me know what you think, cuz then maybe I can recommend others. I usually use the Nude lipliner under all of those.

Originally Posted by envymi OK, so the eyeshadows I already mentioned should be good. As far as lipsticks, some of my faves are Pink Sugar, Cristalle Peach, Cocoa, Mischief, Beige de Chanel, and Temptress. Take a look at those first and let me know what you think, cuz then maybe I can recommend others. I usually use the Nude lipliner under all of those.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks envymi!!!!

Latest posts

Back