Changes to the Rewards Program

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Details are here: http://www.ulta.com/rewards/rewards.html

How do you guys feel about this? I actually think I like it better, simply because you can choose HOW to use your points, better than the reward certificate method.

When I lived in Michigan, we had the reward certificate, but here in the DC area, they have this points system and were always very confused when I brought the rewards coupon in. so I think this is only new for some people. I feel like my points balance never changes though. I don't know if its because they keep using my old (club at ulta) account instead of the new ultamate rewards one, or because my purchases don't qualify or something stupid. 

Hmm, maybe. I wonder if maybe you were in a pilot area and it's just now going national, perhaps? Because my local stores have always done the reward certificate, but the website seems to indicate that the reward certs are going away entirely and it's just the points program from here on out.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm, maybe. I wonder if maybe you were in a pilot area and it's just now going national, perhaps? Because my local stores have always done the reward certificate, but the website seems to indicate that the reward certs are going away entirely and it's just the points program from here on out.

Possibly, I am also in the pilot area for burger king delivery lol. 

I just looked on ulta.com because I was curious what the new point systems rewards were going to be. http://www.ulta.com/rewards/rewards.html

Here is an example comparison. On the new system, if you spend $100, you get $3.00 of your next purchase. On the old system, if you spend $100, you can choose from the following rewards:

• Any ULTA Cream Eye Shadow
Eye Shadow Single or Eye Pencil
• Any Olay Daily Facial Cloth up to $7.50
• ULTA Tinted Lip Balm in Shimmer, Sweet, Bloom, Berry, Raisin, Fresh, Melon, Glow, Toast or Cupid
• Kenra Volume Spray 1.5 oz. NEW!
• Any Piggy Nail Polish .45 oz. NEW!
• Alterna Caviar Working Hair Spray
Travel Size 1.5 oz. NEW!
• Any L'Oréal Colour Riche Le Gloss
Lip Gloss NEW!
• Any Revlon Color Stay Eye
Shadow Quad NEW!
• Anthony for Men Lip Balm SPF 25 NEW!
• Nicole by OPI Texture Nail Polish Overcoat NEW!

I'd say most of the items above are worth more than $3.00... The new system doesn't seem as great. Maybe I'm missing something?

Yeah it's weird, iirc from when I was on the old system, level 2 was 100 and that was usually a $6 reward. 

I'm not at all happy with the Ultamate rewards system and wish they'd never it from the certificates. I always used my certificates to get $45 off of a frangrance every quarter, which is a 15% return on my $300 spent. Now, I'd have to spend nearly 1k to get $50 off, which is a 5% return. Sure, I can use it on anything in the store, but after spending 1k there, what would be left to buy?? Not to mention, the points expire in a year. So lame. The only part that sounds enticing is the free facial, but I'd have to spend $750, which is 10 facials. lol...wth Ulta! I suppose the platinum (aka VIB) perks would take away the point expiration, but it's not much of a consolation.

There's pretty much no incentive to spend money there anymore, and I'll stick to purchasing my product strictly at Sephora and department stores.

This rewards system is crappy. But then again, isnt Sephora's crappy too? So they dont have a reason to make it a better deal. Sucks because I make purchases at least twice a month at Ulta. 

I have to agree both systems are crappy but if you really think about it so is Birchbox's points system because it's 1 point for every $1 spent, spend $50 get 50 points... and yet 100 pts = $10 off but you have to spend $100 to get those 100 points. It's nice when it comes to reviews because you earn 10 points for each item you review but when it comes to actually spending money the point system sucks.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This rewards system is crappy. But then again, isnt Sephora's crappy too? So they dont have a reason to make it a better deal. Sucks because I make purchases at least twice a month at Ulta. 
They kind of do, though. Sephora has a much broader selection of brands and a level of prestige that Ulta can't match. So to have a rewards programs as crappy as Sephora's does not automatically equate them. As someone who rarely buys drugstore products (really, this is the main thing Ulta has going for it), the only reason I continued to make purchases there was the great rewards program. Without that, I'll just do all my shopping at Sephora.

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They kind of do, though. Sephora has a much broader selection of brands and a level of prestige that Ulta can't match. So to have a rewards programs as crappy as Sephora's does not automatically equate them. As someone who rarely buys drugstore products (really, this is the main thing Ulta has going for it), the only reason I continued to make purchases there was the great rewards program. Without that, I'll just do all my shopping at Sephora.

I like them for their GWP :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Just yesterday I bought a UD eye liner duo and got 2 free deluxe sized samples.. and am thinking about buying some eyeshadow primer to get the free samples again

k, thats what I thought, just making sure I wasnt missing something!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope. Ulta has Sephora beat when it comes to GWP.

I reached their platinum level the other month, finally, lol. Am I supposed to get a new rewards card?

Originally Posted by wintersnowpeach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What's GWP lol
Gift With Purchase 
wink.gif

Not a fan of Ulta rewards but I subbed Birchbox for a year and got a Clarsonic Mia for 40 bucks. I earned extra points for referring my sis and a friend.  Every month I went and did the reviews, which earned me 50-60 points.  After 8 months, I ordered the Clarsonic :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I miss my birchbox now my sub was up last January :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back