Chapped lips

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I almost always have chapped lips. I got to thinking, I took Accutane as a young teenager, which obviously really dried out my skin at the time. Do you think that my (pretty much constant) chapped lips now could be a result from that? I hadn't really heard but I began to wonder a few months ago if this could just be a long-lasting effect from that treatment years ago.
icon_question.gif

Hmmmm... good question! I dont' know how it would affect your lips though... Did you take the pill or use the cream?

i heard that if you constantly lick your lips, it's actually bad for you. something about the enzymes in your saliva breaks down the moisture. i noticed that when i stopped doing that, my lips were less chapped & a lot smoother.

drink lots of fluids & apply a balm to help moisturize until you can figure out what's going on.

good luck!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Hmmmm... good question! I dont' know how it would affect your lips though... Did you take the pill or use the cream? I took the pill.. so I suppose it could affect everything? skin, lips, etc.?
Oh well, I know I should drink more water. *sigh* It's so hard, 'cause I looove my Dr Pepper!
biggrin.gif
But I'll try to do better on drinking the H20.

Thanks all, once again, for your replies.
smile.gif

Drinking plenty of fluids really will help. I do drink some water, but I mostly drink juices and sports drinks.

I've also found the best lip balm is Palmer's Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick. My lips were chronically chapped before I found this stuff, and now my lips are NEVER chapped. I've been using it for several months, and I'm about to use up my first tube (which is HUGE, think the Naturistics huge lip balms... that's the size!).

Man, that a question...i don't bite nails, I pick my lips when they're dry & that seems like all the time, worse when using any lip liner or color w/red dye # whatever...water hasn't helped me as much as a vit. e stick & coconut oil based sunscreen stick.

I really doubt that. Theres a good article over at cosmeticscop.com on lip balms. Check it out.

Doubt what? (Which post are you referring to?) I just checked over at the site (Paula's cosmetic cop site), and I can't find anything specific about lip balms...can you point me there? I'm curious now!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SusieQ I really doubt that. Theres a good article over at cosmeticscop.com on lip balms. Check it out.

I remember my friend took that in High School and his lips were terrible. I DOUBT that it is still lingering. My lips are always chapped also. I am always saying " where the hell is the balm"

Originally Posted by melzie_fire

I took the pill.. so I suppose it could affect everything? skin, lips, etc.?
Oh well, I know I should drink more water. *sigh* It's so hard, 'cause I looove my Dr Pepper!
biggrin.gif
But I'll try to do better on drinking the H20.

Thanks all, once again, for your replies.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back