Chappelle Reportedly Checks Into Facility

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was sad when I read this because I think that he is hilarious!

By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer1 hour, 7 minutes ago

Comedy Central star Dave Chappelle has checked himself into a mental health facility in South Africa, the magazine Entertainment Weekly reported on Wednesday.

The comedian's whereabouts and condition have been unknown since Comedy Central abruptly announced last week that the planned May 31 launch of the third season of "Chappelle's Show" had been postponed and production halted.

Chappelle flew from Newark, N.J., to South Africa on April 28 for treatment, said the magazine, quoting a source close to the show it would not identify. Entertainment Weekly said it had corroborating sources for its story.

"We don't know where he is," Comedy Central spokesman Tony Fox said. "We've heard about South Africa. We don't know. We haven't talked to Dave."

Chappelle's spokesman, Matt Labov, would not comment on the magazine's story.

"It seems like the issues he's contending with are really quite serious," said Dade Hayes, a senior editor at Entertainment Weekly. "It isn't a case of him spending a weekend someplace recuperating from exhaustion."

The magazine's sources say Chappelle is still in the facility, which was not named, Hayes said. Chappelle's representatives have denied that the comedian was abusing drugs.

Chappelle reportedly signed a $50 million deal with Comedy Central for two more seasons of his show, a payday made possible because of the explosive sales of the show's first season DVD.

The magazine said Chappelle had shot four to five episodes' worth of sketches for the new season, but none of its onstage introductions.

WHAT!?!?
icon_eek.gif
OMG! Thats horrible! I love that guy! He is hilarious
redface.gif

I love it when he does Rick James,Lil Jon and Prince. Hopefully he will be better soon.

Oh yeah? Well then I'm Charlie Murphy!! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol "I am Rick James, B*thch!" hee hee

This might explain why the show's been delayed. Hope he gets the help (whatever it may be) he needs.

This just proves that behind all the jokes and laughs no one really knows what's going on with someone. I loved his show and I was very sad to hear about this.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 YEaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Hu-What!! Hu-What! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
OMG, my boyfriend does that Lil' John impression ALL THE TIME. lol!
That's sad about David Chappelle -- I hope he'll get better soon.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux OMG, my boyfriend does that Lil' John impression ALL THE TIME. lol! I think this would only be fun for the first 10 minutes... after that, it might get old.
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux OMG, my boyfriend does that Lil' John impression ALL THE TIME. lol!
That's sad about David Chappelle -- I hope he'll get better soon.

He is one of my absolute faves, hope he gets better,who else will put a black blind man in the KKK lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 He is one of my absolute faves, hope he gets better,who else will put a black blind man in the KKK lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif
36_11_6.gif

We love Dave Chappelle in this house! It is sad to hear that, I hope he is doing better, he is definitely the best comedian out there. I will have to watch my season 1 DVD over and over until his season 2 is released. I watch the Rick James skits over and over on the puter. He can take away my crappiest moods and make me feel better everytime.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by peekaboo We love Dave Chappelle in this house! It is sad to hear that, I hope he is doing better, he is definitely the best comedian out there. I will have to watch my season 1 DVD over and over until his season 2 is released. I watch the Rick James skits over and over on the puter. He can take away my crappiest moods and make me feel better everytime.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Its so wierd the news said he just took off to south africa.Maybe he is just punking us,lol
icon_wink.gif

I recently heard that he just went on a spiritual retreat (not in a mental institution) with his friends because he was stressed by all the pressure of his contract with comedy central worth millions and other issues in his life.

Latest posts

Back