Cheap Haul at Kmart! LOL

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got a few things today at Kmart - the bargain hunters haven! LOL

Got 3 pairs of sandals and a mint green "suede-like" bag for Spring!

The first pair (black) are the COMFY daily sandals ... feel like slippers and only $10.99! Second & Third pair are by Thalia Sodi... kind of reminded me of a "modern" Dr. Scholls type - figure I could wear em' with capri's or dress up jeans or a sundress... (only $9.99 each! Had to get brown & white! LOL) The bag is kinda - sorta similar to one I saw in Macys for $118 - (w/o pockets, and it was leather but same light mint green color) Mine... $8.79!!! LOL (Now if only they had the light blue I'm after... I'd really be happy!)

Tightwads, UNITE! LOL

Great haul Janelle! Love the shoes in white and brown. I always do the same thing. Payless has some really cute pocketbooks, in some really cool bright spring colors. I definitly want to get one. Filenes also has a really cute bright pink spring coat. I would love to get it just don't know if I can pull it off or not.

very, very cute! i especially love the sandals!

i love when people can admit they shop at stores like that. i can't STAND when people lie about where they get their stuff!

LOL I went to Kmart the other day too to buy a lotion, and saw these flipflops and HAD to get them in two colors, black and turquoise/blue something!!! they were buy one get one half of, $8 each, so got them for $12! And the ones on the right I got for $1.98 at walmart!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
yes, I am supporting sweatshops and providing work for people in 3rd world countries, yuhuu!! (DISCLAIMER: ATTENTION!! SARCASM!!! Do NOT take seriously!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
) I always need flops like these for everyday, especially the beach.

Originally Posted by destiny LOL I went to Kmart the other day too to buy a lotion, and saw these flipflops and HAD to get them in two colors, black and turquoise/blue something!!! they were buy one get one half of, $8 each, so got them for $12! And the ones on the right I got for $1.98 at walmart!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
yes, I am supporting sweatshops and providing work for people in 3rd world countries, yuhuu!! (DISCLAIMER: ATTENTION!! SARCASM!!! Do NOT take seriously!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
) I always need flops like these for everyday, especially the beach. $1.98!?!?!
icon_eek.gif
Do you have pics?

Originally Posted by Jennifer very, very cute! i especially love the sandals!
i love when people can admit they shop at stores like that. i can't STAND when people lie about where they get their stuff!

Thanks guys! I really liked the sandals too - I saw them in the circular in Sunday's paper... so I went on lunch to check them out. They came in white, brown, bright turquois blue & bright pink... and they're actually pretty comfy too! I have flat feet and usually anything with a heel that isn't a little 'platform' in the front has my feet killing me, but these seem to be alright!
wink.gif
I have a few other black sandals, one I got at Walmart last year in PA when we were on vacation & going to dinner & I didn't have shoes... so I picked up a pair and I love em'... slips on w/ a buckle and thick strap near the toes for like $10... These black ones I got because they are so comfy! They are just for everyday bumming around & days at work when I know I'll be on my feet a lot. And although I like nice things, I'm not Paris Hilton & can't afford to shell out $500 on a pair of shoes or $600 on a pair of sunglasses that are made out of the same $10 plastic that you can find at a flea market... so yeah - I'll wear stuff from Kmart, Walmart - and some 'brand name' stuff - Guess, BeBe, etc... whatever I feel something is worth for what it is... And if I find something for $10 that I like.. I'll get it - I could care less if people think less of me for wearing something that isn't "expensive"... If I like something... I'm not going to pass it b/c of where it came from or how much it cost. Actually I TRY to find look-alikes of expensive things in cheaper stores.... so I can still have what I like, yet not leave myself broke. Which is why I got the bag... I saw a JONES NEW YORK bag in Macy's... came in a light mint green (same as mine) and a light blue-grey... but they were $128 a piece... now I know I won't get much use of colored bags (I usually have all black ones) so I'm not going to spend $250 on bags that I'll only use a few times... the macy's ones even looked like these just w/o pockets (same buckle like straps) so I got the green one... CHEAP! and now I wanna check out some stores for a blue one... have to try Payless (thanks, Tylda!) Every bag I saw in Macy's was pastel... so I'm sure I'll find other pastels elsewhere if thats whats in this Spring. But to sum it up... why spend $300 on something that I'll only wear once a week or only a few times a year... it's rediculous & I'm not a millionaire where I can afford to spend that much on one thing... I'd rather have 100 cheap things that will always be in style... that 3 $500 items!
icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted by destiny yeah sorry, forgot to attach pic
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Those are cute! I think I only have one pair of flip-flops... for the beach & for getting pedicures... I really like them, but the thing between the toe annoys me after awhile of clenching my toes to keep em' on! LOL
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Thanks guys! I really liked the sandals too - I saw them in the circular in Sunday's paper... so I went on lunch to check them out. They came in white, brown, bright turquois blue & bright pink... and they're actually pretty comfy too! I have flat feet and usually anything with a heel that isn't a little 'platform' in the front has my feet killing me, but these seem to be alright!
wink.gif
I have a few other black sandals, one I got at Walmart last year in PA when we were on vacation & going to dinner & I didn't have shoes... so I picked up a pair and I love em'... slips on w/ a buckle and thick strap near the toes for like $10... These black ones I got because they are so comfy! They are just for everyday bumming around & days at work when I know I'll be on my feet a lot. And although I like nice things, I'm not Paris Hilton & can't afford to shell out $500 on a pair of shoes or $600 on a pair of sunglasses that are made out of the same $10 plastic that you can find at a flea market... so yeah - I'll wear stuff from Kmart, Walmart - and some 'brand name' stuff - Guess, BeBe, etc... whatever I feel something is worth for what it is... And if I find something for $10 that I like.. I'll get it - I could care less if people think less of me for wearing something that isn't "expensive"... If I like something... I'm not going to pass it b/c of where it came from or how much it cost. Actually I TRY to find look-alikes of expensive things in cheaper stores.... so I can still have what I like, yet not leave myself broke. Which is why I got the bag... I saw a JONES NEW YORK bag in Macy's... came in a light mint green (same as mine) and a light blue-grey... but they were $128 a piece... now I know I won't get much use of colored bags (I usually have all black ones) so I'm not going to spend $250 on bags that I'll only use a few times... the macy's ones even looked like these just w/o pockets (same buckle like straps) so I got the green one... CHEAP! and now I wanna check out some stores for a blue one... have to try Payless (thanks, Tylda!) Every bag I saw in Macy's was pastel... so I'm sure I'll find other pastels elsewhere if thats whats in this Spring. But to sum it up... why spend $300 on something that I'll only wear once a week or only a few times a year... it's rediculous & I'm not a millionaire where I can afford to spend that much on one thing... I'd rather have 100 cheap things that will always be in style... that 3 $500 items!
icon_cool.gif
AMEN TO THAT, SISTA!

Cute haul Janelle! I hit up a thrift store today & scored a pair of black Candies clogs, a Gap faux suede/shearling coat (we're in the middle of the strangest windstorm), a BN violet Esprit handbag, 2 navy skirts, 2 t-shirts, a bohemian looking top & a belt for only $40. I'll post photos later.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha Cute haul Janelle! I hit up a thrift store today & scored a pair of black Candies clogs, a Gap faux suede/shearling coat (we're in the middle of the strangest windstorm), a BN violet Esprit handbag, 2 navy skirts, 2 t-shirts, a bohemian looking top & a belt for only $40. I'll post photos later.
smile.gif
Wow! You made out pretty damn good there!
smile.gif
All that for $40!?!?! That's awesome! Even my Kmart stuff was more than that!
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha I know, I always score like a bandit there.
wink.gif
Just ANOTHER reason I should be in Hawaii!
wink.gif
(Like I really need a reason! LOL)

Originally Posted by Naturally NICE haul ...our one and only Kmart we have ...is ...well ..VERY SEEDY like ...I hate going in there ..it's dark and creepy! Thanks guys!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
And Kim, we have like 4 Kmarts in my area... and they're acutally re-doing all of them to make them kind of look like dept. stores.... nice look - but it took up my whole lunch hour trying to find where they moved everything!! LOL
icon_rolleyes.gif
It used to attract a well... "interesting" crowd of shoppers... but yesterday was just stay-at-home moms and Senior Citizens! LOL So I think I got the harmless day crowd!
icon_cool.gif

Latest posts

Back