Cheer me up- Feeling Blue

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok I feel so depressed! it's been a long time since I have felt this way. And I don't know what to do. I have been in the house the past two days with nothing to do. I don't want to talk to anyone just because I feel so low. What is wrong with me?

I barely feel like eating, all I ate today was a burger from Wendys and a milk mix.(And that is because I have to eat) I am having problems with my boyfriend and I literally feel like my world is collapsing. I don't have any energy to do anything. I see the world as pointless.

Can anyone share their views. None of my friends live near me. And I feel like I have nothing in my life worth talking about. HELP me. Thank goodness on Saturday I am going to speak to a therapist. But for now I just feel lonely.

I think we all have days where we feel like that. I know exactly how you feel. I'm in my last year of a university degree that has employment opportunities that are so low that I can't even be bothered looking in my area of study. I've been studying and struggling financially for the last 4 years to get a completely pointless, non relevant, and not career wise degree!

I totally forsee having to get another qualification to even think about getting the kind of job I'd like to do.

So I know how you feel when you say you feel everything is pointless and etc.. I don't know what the solution is but
hug.gif
I hope you feel more cheerful soon. Maybe try a little block of chocolate or have something nice done, like your hair or buy some shoes. They're short term fixes but they do cheer you up!

xox

Wow, I'm sorry you feel so bad. Sometimes you feel badly and it's ust a funk and other times it may be a clinical depression. I'm not a Doctor, but about 22 years ago I had a clinical depression. It is a chemical imbalance and pretty easily fixed. You may not have clinical depression, but you may and I would strongly suggest that you consult with a medical professional. The one thing you should always remember is that you have friends here and we care about you. You did the right thing by bringing this up here! PM me if you want to talk! Sorry, missed the part about the therapist on Saturday. Just hang in there!

Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference between sadness and depression unless you have been depressed before. I battled severe, long term, clinical depression for many years. I took antidepressants that changed my life. I still had bad days. I still had sad days but not as long and not as often and when I did, I was able to cope better. There are tons of sites on the net with depression screening tools. I'm happy to hear that you are going to see a therapist and I know the wait is difficult but a therapist won't be able to prescribe meds. In the meantime come here and often. I know all to well the feelings you describe and my heart is with you. Please pm me if you need to talk about it. I mean that sincerely.

awww so sorry u feel this way.. we all have these days and i'm sure it will pass... feel better xoxoxo

I have been feeling like that all week. I cry all the time. I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder several years ago, and I have felt good since I got my meds in order. I am going to have to call my psychiatrist this week, b/c I can feel it coming back. I am also having problems with my fiance, I was watching tv and he just up and left to his computer room. have been sleeping in the guest room. I asked him to get me a snack (I havent been eating) and he stormed out. He knows I have depression. You are not alone.

I know how you feel. It's really hard to go through all that, but know that soon, everything WILL be better, and that many people here are ready and willing to support you.

Hope you feel better.

I`ve been there and it´s aweful. I agree with Kelly, sometimes it´s hard to see if it´s "just" sadness for a few days, or already depression. I had a couple of "sad" days during the pre-stages of my depression last winter, then there were a couple of good days. So I refused to do something about it since I didn´t feel depressed all the time. But then it got worse and I knew I had to do something about it.

Let us know how the therapy session went. I´ve been doing therapy for a couple of months now, and it has helped me a lot. I´ve become more positive and more self confident, but I had already been taking meds for depression for months when I started therapy. You need to be somewhat mentally stable to fully benefit from therapy, because a few talks with a professional can´t pull you out of a depression if you have one.

Good luck sweetie, PM me if you need to!

No matter what make every effort to stay in contact with someone even if it's just posting. Life is worth living even if some days seem pointless.

Well I spoke to the therapist and well I didn't really talk to her about what was making me depressed. I talked to her about what I wanted to improve on which is basically like my self confidence.

And well basically what I got from her was that I need to be more independent. And she says she wants to team up with another psychologist that works specifically in that area in my next appointment.

So I will see... how things go.

Thanks you guys for all the replys.

And BTW how do you know when you need to see a psychiatrist instead of a psychologist.

But well now I am at my familys house and I have been feeling a little bit better. Being with my family has helped me keep my mind active the past two days. But well time will tell. The problem I am having is far from over.

The therapist is qualifed to screen you for depression and other disorders. They can tell you if you need to see a pychiatrist for possible medication. Good luck. It sounds like a lot of us have been through it and I think we can definitely tell you it will get better.

Latest posts

Back