Cheer me up girls!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so I know it's only been like a week and a half since i've moved to college but im feeling down already!!

For whatever reasons I feel ugly ever since I got here. My roomates are gorgeous and have flawless skin, not a pimple in sight. I've seen them without makeup, infact they don't really wear it much and look just as good..without makeup I look scary! Especially now since im breaking out horribly and have red blotchy skin.

I can't find a mac here, and even though I don't have the money to buy it I feel like im going crazy without being able to buy any makeup!!

I just feel crappy! I no longer can buy what I want whenever I want without a job and im losing my mind. They have no brands here that I love at home either. They have no all natural product stores (like whole foods and wild oats) that I buy my facecare from at home, so my skin has been suffering.

My hair is a total disaster as well, but whats new?

sorry for complaining I just don't feel like myself right now! I don't know if it's the beautiful roomates or my breaking out or what but im not satisfied at all with my appearance this week even when getting all dolled up. It seems my makeup wears right off too after a few hours, im used to it being on ALL day.

Ugh!

I might be wrong about the stores, I don't know whats up here..so if by any chance anyone knows the city of london in canada well, what are some good stores? Do they have mac?!

Ps I havent been buying clothes for like a month now..I KNOW thats why I feel like shit! I miss it
frown.gif
such cute fall clothes out now too...no F21!!

Don't worry about your roommates "flawlesss" skin. I am sure they all have plenty of pimples on their ass!

Oh Minders....I'm sorry you're in a rut. You're probably just adjusting to a new environment, people, water...I'm sure it all contributes. Youll settle in soon. Besides....I bet you have plenty of makeup and clothes. You shopaholic!! Hahah. Miss you babe.

i know i do but it doesnt seem that way at all! i know you know what im talking about since you have like rooms full haha

I know exactly what you are going through. Just be patient and things will get better. Who cares about the other girls?? There's no way they are as cool and cute as you.

aw, thanks.

they think im lame cause (when im home) i stay in my room and refuse to go out and drink with them.

not my cup of tea!

Mindy your a classic beauty. Don't worry about all them plain janes. Any bet they probably know nothing about makeup and will be asking you for advice. You will be fine, just hang in there.......
huggies.gif

Hey don't compare yourself with others...that is just a recipe for disaster. Just try to be as positive as you can and love yourself. I know what you are going through because I have problem skin too and I have my good days and my bad days. And with acne well that is just a part of my life. You need to relax and pamper yourself so you don't feel stressed out...And hey you always have the internet to order things like makeup or face products...And you should get out and hang out and go have some fun.

Sometimes when my face looks not so good (pimples) ...I'll go get my hair done, or my nails, eyebrows something ... Hope you feel better!

There's always gonna be someone better, faster, smarter, prettier, etc., you just have to get used to it. Look upon this experience as just another part of growing up, and don't compare yourself with others.

Mindy, I wouldn't worry about the other girls. You do what you feel most comfortable with. This is all new to you.. big move to another country, stress of packing up. Your just starting to settle in. I know when I am stressed my skin goes more blotchy etc.

You were looking for MAC in London Ontario. The Bay (Canadian Department Store) carries MAC. Here are two locations in London, not sure how close or far away from the University.

The Bay

1680 Richmond Street

Phone: 675-9523

The Bay

1105 Wellington Road South

Phone: 685-4100

There should be some health food stores that carry natural skin cleansers etc. Maybe your bf or someone would know.

Also Shoppers Drug Mart carries Canadian brands such as Annabelle, Marcelle and Lise Watier cosmetics.

Hope you feel better soon!

Originally Posted by luxotika /img/forum/go_quote.gif Don't worry about your roommates "flawlesss" skin. I am sure they all have plenty of pimples on their ass! ahahhahahah

Aw that sucks Mindy
frown.gif
I know the feeling, in the past year the only makeup I've been able to buy is 2 L'Oreal HIP Duos, and I haven't been clothes shopping at all!
frown.gif

Don't worry about your roomate, I'm sure they have bad days too!

Aww...I'm sorry you're feeling down, Mindy!

Here are some warm fuzzies:

kitties.jpg

kittydoggy.jpg

puppypillow.jpg

snuggle.jpg

And just for you:

hello_kitty_costume.jpg

Mindy, the first month or so of college is always rough. Its the whole new environment thing. Don't go drinking if its not your cup of tea, but do get out there. Find a public place to study sometimes and meet people...it does get better
smile.gif

Feeling down? Please try my shoes.

I've been out of work for over a year and half. Everywhere I go I'm over qualified, or underqualifed. Though I recently found a temporary job for less than half of what I was making before. Yeah.... good times good times. So I very much understand how you feel about not being able to buy things. Cool jeans? Fun shirt? BUZZ!!!!! Sorry, you've got no extra cash, thanks for playing.

Life is full of ups and downs and sometimes you just have to muddle through. So you don't have your favorite makeup store? Yeah it sucks, but you'll make it through. At least you can buy online.

Actually it could be worse. You could be a guy and not be allowed makeup at all. And that my friend really sucks.

*Disclaimer: Yes you can wear makeup as a guy, but you will not have friends nor will one find a job, and women generally will run from you.

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif No but seriously, just b/c their skin is clear "now" doesn't mean it's always that way. Yup -- if they're out boozing it won't be long before it goes to crap!

Latest posts

Back