Cheesy Potatoes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Another of my mom's recipes! Not the healthiest way to eat your potatoes, but everyone in my family has high metabolisms, lol
wink.gif

Cheesy Potatoes

Ingredients

• 6 medium potatoes, cooked and mashed
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup butter or margerine, melted
  • 2 cups (8 oz) grated cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup finally chopped white onion or green onion
  • 1 tsp salt or to taste
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • Extra butter or margerine, melted
  • Paprika
Directions[*]Combine potatoes, sour cream, butter, cheese, onions, salt, and pepper in a greased 2 quart casserole dish. Dot top with extra butter and sprinkle with paprika.

[*]Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

mmmhmmmm reminds me of my mom's potato dish. YUMMMMMMMMY!!! Her recipe is almost the same, but I don't think there is a way to mess up a potato dish. They are just delicious any which way.

Originally Posted by Raja best way to eat potatoes is mashed.
smile.gif
I recommended using mashed potatoes in this recipe (though you can also use chopped or grated) ... this just makes them better by adding all the cheese and sour cream
wink.gif
or I think so!

These sound delicious Girl_Geek! I'm gonna pass this recipe on to my mom
biggrin.gif

Mmm, making me salivate! This is how I like making potatoes only I like to add some fresh, minced garlic, too.

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa Mmm, making me salivate! This is how I like making potatoes only I like to add some fresh, minced garlic, too. ooh, garlic would be great with this! I'll have to remember that next time we make this!

Latest posts

Back