Chicken Comfort casserole

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If you love pot pie..This blows it away..You can add& subtract ingredients to suit you but this is how I do it: 1lb chopped cooked chicken thighs 1/2 onion chopped few cloves minced garlic 1 can of cream of chicken soup 3-4med.peeled and diced carrots 2 stalks chopped celery 1 container fresh sliced mushrooms 1cup sour cream 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup milk 1 1/2 tsps butter 6 frozen buttermilk biscuits thawed Preheat oven to 350..Heat butter in a saute pan till melted add oinions& garlic..Sweat till slightly tender then add carrots,celery,mushrooms..Continue to saute till tender then removed from heat..In a seperate bowl combine chicken soup,sour cream & milk..In your casserole dish combine soup mixture,cooked chicken & sauted veggies..Top with the shredded cheddar then top with the 6 thawed biscuits..Bake for 20 mins or till biscuits are golden brown.Then put on some sweat pants 'cause you won't be able to stop eating..Soooo yummy

this is one of my absolute favorite things to make! i dont really like biscuits, so i use those flaky layer ones. theyre more doughy and less dry biscuit-y. when i make mine, i channel martha, because its an all day affair. i start with a whole chicken, make a broth w/ water, herbs, carrots, onions and celery, then discard the veg and pull the chx. i add new soup-sized veg to the broth, add the chx back in, and thicken it all with a roux. i pour it into a casserole, and top w/ the biscuits. i may have to make this soon!

Originally Posted by haloinrverse this is one of my absolute favorite things to make! i dont really like biscuits, so i use those flaky layer ones. theyre more doughy and less dry biscuit-y. when i make mine, i channel martha, because its an all day affair. i start with a whole chicken, make a broth w/ water, herbs, carrots, onions and celery, then discard the veg and pull the chx. i add new soup-sized veg to the broth, add the chx back in, and thicken it all with a roux. i pour it into a casserole, and top w/ the biscuits. i may have to make this soon! I make it the same way you do..On the weekends..This is the quick version..LOL

Originally Posted by allisong I make it the same way you do..On the weekends..This is the quick version..LOL I make a version of this but I make the biscuits from scratch. I have the biscuit recipe if you'd like it. It is not doughy, it's delish! It's a family recipe. xo Cali P.S. I hadn't added the sour cream to my recipe so I think I'll try that. Holy caloric heaven, batgirl!

i appreciate the offer, but i really dislike biscuits.
smile.gif
its an odd thing not to like, but the texture gets to me.

Originally Posted by Irishgirl Yummy Ali!!!! Must try this one! Have you tried the Pepsi Pot Roast Yet? ROFL! No..Haven't tried the Pepsi pot roast yet..No one in my house likes Pepsi so may have to substitute Coke

OMG! I can't wait to make this. My Mom used to make a veggie version when I was growing up but it didn't have all of the goodies in it that yours has. Thank you so much!

Latest posts

Back