Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Cynthia Gorney's Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

From O, February 2005; pg. 132

Three splurge items improve these quite a bit:

[*]the best-quality dark chocolate chips you can find,

[*]really good cookie sheets--the heavy, high-priced kind from the household section of the supermarket, and

[*]a wire cooling rack.

1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter (don't toss the wrappers)

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup old-fashioned (or rolled) oats

1/2 cup Grape-Nuts cereal

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

3/4 cup brown sugar

3/4 cup granulated sugar

2 large eggs

1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract

12-ounce bag dark chocolate chips

[*]Preheat oven to 375 degrees (if you want them really crispy, jack up the oven to 400 degrees). Use the butter wrappers to grease 2 cookie sheets. Combine the flour, oats, cereal baking soda, a nd salt in a bowl.

[*]In a second large bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Grandually stir flour mixture into the butter-sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop batter by rounded tablespoons, not teaspoons (I like to use a small ice cream scoop), about 2 inches apart onto prepared pans. Bake until light golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Use a spatula to remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.

I love Chocolate chip cookies, has to be my favorite cookie of all time, thanks Gail! Sounds yummy
wink.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha [*]the best-quality dark chocolate chips you can find,

[*]really good cookie sheets--the heavy, high-priced kind from the household section of the supermarket, and

[*]a wire cooling rack.

My mom does this all the time, maybe that's why they're so good! ... however she just uses the regular Tollhouse cookie recipe, with raisins added
smile.gif

Yeah, my momma uses Tollhouse too and they still taste fabulous! I am purist and only like chocolate chips in my chocolate chip cookies -- no raisins or oatmeal for me!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back