Christmas Is Coming!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Christmas so much - especially the weeks before. The city is all lit up and beautifully decorated, there are dozens of cute christmas markets where you get lovely punch, the feeling is just heart-warming. My heart already sinks again when I think that in two months it will be over again.

oooh I forgot about going to look at christmas lights! there are a few suburbs near my house that go all out in terms of christmas lights so we like to drive through them very slowly and have a look. It's so... feelgood
smile.gif

I'm going to start getting the house ready for Christmas. I'm having a big open house in two weeks for clients. It takes me about 2 weeks to get everything up and in place. I'm having 5 trees this year. I won't turn the outside lights on till close to Thanksgiving though. We are taking the family to Branson Missouri for Thanksgiving. It is such a beautiful place all decorated for the holidays. I just realized we leave in 21 days.

wow! 5 trees?! one in every room? how does it work? are they decorated in different themes? tell all
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif oooh I forgot about going to look at christmas lights! there are a few suburbs near my house that go all out in terms of christmas lights so we like to drive through them very slowly and have a look. It's so... feelgood
smile.gif
that reminds me of people who will compete (really) for the cutest decorated house. there was one when we were little, there was so many lights on during the night it was like a beacon. but we always thought it was just too much.
my mom has a real talent in decorating christmas trees, and we will also put some small candles on the windowsills.

i hope i will also be able to go at a christmas market, there is one famous i'd like to go but it's too far away from home.

my parents think christmas lights are tacky so we never have lights out the front of our house.. I think they're great! just a nice string of blue 'icicle' lights that flash like they're dripping!

it is the same here though, lots of people compete to make their houses lit up the 'best'
biggrin.gif

I love Christmas too. I love waking up on Christmas morning and seeing the look on my kids faces when they see all the presents.

Here in FL it does not get that cold at all. So the best part of the holiday for us is going out to see all the lights. People really do up the lights here since we do not really get the change of seasons like most places. The boys love going, we usually go each weekend.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif wow! 5 trees?! one in every room? how does it work? are they decorated in different themes? tell all
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Well let's see. I have the big one in the formal living room, one in the formal dinning room, one in my Mary Kay office, one in the hallway on the upstairs landing over looking the front entryway and one in the family room. It just depends on my mood. The tree in the formal living room is always victorian theme. The one in the family room is country themed. The one on the top loanding is white with all glass orninments and clear lights. The others just depend. If you cant tell...I love Christmas.

Latest posts

Back