Christmas Is Coming!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
yes, I know, it hasn't even got to halloween yet! but at our house, christmas is already on it's way. My mum makes the christmas cake by hand, and because it needs to cure? preserve? let the flavours sink in??(I dunno what the technical term is, but let's just go with it
wink.gif
) she made the cake today!

and GUESS WHO got to lick the beaters clean and scoop out the bowl?
biggrin.gif

haha I felt like a kiddo again, it was really fun. I love christmas, and here in oz we don't really celebrate halloween all that much, we just move straight onto christmas.

Did you know we have christmas trees up at our big department stores already? no christmas window displays yet but give them a week
rotfl.gif

are you looking forward to christmas??

xmas.gif

I love Christmas!

I just love the spirit..xmas songs on tv on the radio..the stores. I love it.

Christmas decorations.

I cant wait.

I love Christmas!!!

- One of my favorite things is going to THIS

- Seeing the Kids so happy and joyful, Christmas is about the kids

- Going to Disneyland and seeing all the decorations

- Taking time off from work, etc

- May I suggest renting this movie here. It really shows the true meaning of Christmas. It was out in the theater last year and I loved it bigtime.

ooo i forgot, the best part of xmas is watching the 24 hour marathon of "a christmas story" on tv!

I cannot wait for Christmas. It's my favourite time of the year and I get all warm n fuzzy inside. LOVE IT!!

I am such a Christmas person. I do hate that they start selling things before Halloween is even here, but it's very busy for my family. We have lots of traditions and parties.

Yes I like Christmas.. I know retailers are anioxous to get a jump on christmas shopping. I do wish they would wait untill halloween was over before getting christmas things out though. I went to Indianapolis over the weekend and one of the raido stations was allready playing christmas music only.

Seems like Thanksgiving isn't even there any more, the stores jumping from Halloween to Christmas so fast!!

Originally Posted by saintcloudgirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Seems like Thanksgiving isn't even there any more, the stores jumping from Halloween to Christmas so fast!! Thanksgiving is there there just isnt as much stuff to sell for Thanksgiving. Its the grocery stores that clean up on thanksgiving.

My family doesn't start getting ready for Christmas until Thanksgiving.
smile.gif
I love watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV! It gets me so excited for Christmas!

Last year my family went to NYC around Christmas time, so we got to see the Macy's window decorations and the huge tree in Rockefeller Center and watched people ice skate. We also got a carriage ride through central park! It was so much fun!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet /img/forum/go_quote.gif ooo i forgot, the best part of xmas is watching the 24 hour marathon of "a christmas story" on tv! I make my family watch it every year!!! lol! It's a cinematic masterpiece!

i used to LOVE it, but now when i think of it, it makes me depressed since it's not the same since my parents split.

Love christmas too! My mom and I start our baking in November and we deep freeze it until the big day =)

When I lived on Magnetic Island ( just off the coast of Brisbane ) I couldnt get over how strange it was to get up on Christmsa morning and have it be 40 degrees! It was culture shock. I have never suntanned on Dec 25th before that! LOL

I love Christmas. My favorite part is looking at all the Christmas lights and decorations. Many of the stores here have Christmas items, decorations etc set up before Halloween.

yes! my birthday is 2 days before Christmas so..yes. Plus i got my bf to bookmark Nyx on cherry culture and he is going to buy me the pearl loose shadows from there. Cant wait for that. hopefully he remembers.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif yes, I know, it hasn't even got to halloween yet! but at our house, christmas is already on it's way. My mum makes the christmas cake by hand, and because it needs to cure? preserve? let the flavours sink in??(I dunno what the technical term is, but let's just go with it
wink.gif
) she made the cake today!
and GUESS WHO got to lick the beaters clean and scoop out the bowl?
biggrin.gif

haha I felt like a kiddo again, it was really fun. I love christmas, and here in oz we don't really celebrate halloween all that much, we just move straight onto christmas.

Did you know we have christmas trees up at our big department stores already? no christmas window displays yet but give them a week
rotfl.gif

are you looking forward to christmas??

xmas.gif

you bet i am looking forward to christmas !
hehe, i see i'm not the only one licking the beaters
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
(we used to fight for this with my brother-crazy kids)

yeah i heard something like that, i think it was for some kind of pudding.

we don't celebrate halloween much either, it's just a small commercial thing.

the week before christmas i will have only two tuts, so i will have time to shop and bake
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) /img/forum/go_quote.gif - Going to Disneyland and seeing all the decorations Oh, I love Disneland during christmas! All the decorations are so beautiful!
smile.gif

I love christmas. I just dont know what to get anyone this year. It'll be tough. I like lookin at the lights and eatin turkey and stuff like that.
rockwoot.gif

Jennifer, I hear you. Not for myself, but my children. This will be my second Christmas since I split up with the boys' Dad and they still hurt. 8 and 9. Its tough

Latest posts

Back