Christopher Reeve's Wife Has Lung Cancer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
NEW YORK -- Dana Reeve, who spent nine years caring for her paralyzed husband, Christopher Reeve, until his death last year, announced Tuesday that she has lung cancer.

Reeve, 44, said she decided to disclose her illness following rumors about her health in the media.

"I have recently been diagnosed with lung cancer, and am currently undergoing treatment," Reeve said in a statement. "I have an excellent team of physicians, and we are optimistic about my prognosis."

"Now, more than ever, I feel Chris with me as I face this challenge," Reeve said. "As always, I look to him as the ultimate example of defying the odds with strength, courage and hope in the face of life's adversities."

Christopher Reeve, the onetime Hollywood "Superman" turned activist for spinal cord research after a horse-riding accident, died Oct. 10, 2004.

Dana Reeve, an actress, was a constant companion and supporter of her husband during his long ordeal and his work for a cure for spinal cord injuries.

She is chairwoman of the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation, which funds research on paralysis and works to improve the life of the disabled. To date, it has awarded $55 million in research grants and $7.5 million in quality of life grants.

She was performing in the Broadway-bound play "Brooklyn Boy" in California when she had to streak home to reach her husband's bedside before he died. She gave up the role for the New York run.

Their son, Will, is 13 years old.

wow... thats terrible...
frown.gif

Is that how she got lung cancer? I was wondering how she got it if she didn't smoke.

I'm very sad about this. I belong to reeves website due to the fact my boyfriend is in a wheelchair and is a quad. I love him more than anything and the christopher reeves website is a great. Hope the website stays up and going.

Wow, what an awful thing to happen to this woman. She was so strong for her husband, lets hope she stays strong for herself.

Latest posts

Back