Ciara Nabs Lady Soul Train Noms

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
All Ciara's ladies will be on the floor for the 10th annual Soul Train Lady of Soul Awards next month.

The "1, 2 Step" singer leads all nominees this year with five nods, including Best R&B/Soul album for her smash hit Goodies, and Best R&B/Soul or Rap artist.

The Atlanta teen's single, "Oh," nearly topped the charts earlier this year and paved the way for "1, 2 Step" to sail up Billboard's Hot 100 singles chart this summer, where it peaked at number two.

The up-and-coming chanteuse is clearly on a roll. In May, she led the list of nominees for the 2005 BET Awards, scoring four nods. <table align="right" width="160"><tbody><tr><td>

</td></tr></tbody></table> At the Soul Train Awards nomination ceremony earlier this year, the songstress collected another four nominations, including Female Album of the Year and Female R&B/Soul Album for Goodies, along with R&B/Soul Single and Best New Artist.

The southern diva ultimately scored Best R&B/Soul or Rap New Artist for her Goodies at the Soul Train awards ceremony in March.

The first lady of crunk is also set to cohost the Soul Train Lady of Soul awards ceremony next month, along with Grammy-winning R&B star Brian McKnight and Toni Braxton.

Other leading nominees for the awards include Destiny's Child, who trailed just behind Ciara in terms of total nominations for the 2005 event, which takes place Sept. 7 at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium in California. The event will be telecast in syndication later next month.

The platinum-selling group, who announced they are breaking up in June, managed to lock down four nominations, including Best R&B/Soul Single group.

Amerie and past American Idol champ Fantasia also snagged four nominations each Tuesday, when the Lady of Soul noms were announced at Spago in Beverly Hills.

Other nominees include Mariah Carey and Alicia Keys who both racked up two nods apiece.

The show will be executive produced by Soul Train mastermind Don Cornelius who is planning a special tribute to the first lady of soul herself, Aretha Franklin. The legendary singer's friend Stevie Wonder will be on hand to present Franklin with the Lena Horne Award at the fete next month.

Here's a partial rundown of nominees from the major categories:

Best Solo R&B/Soul Single:

• "Karma," Alicia Keys
  • "I Thing," Amerie
  • "Truth Is," Fantasia
  • "We Belong Together," Mariah Carey
R&B/Soul or Rap Song of the Year:
  • "I Thing," Amerie
  • "Goodies," Ciara featuring Petey Pablo
  • "Truth Is," Fantasia
  • "If I Ain't Got You," Alicia Keys
Best R&B/Soul Album, Group, Band or Duo:
  • Destiny Fulfilled, Destiny's Child
  • Nina Sky, Nina Sky
  • Mis-Teeq, Mis-Teeq
Best R&B Soul or Rap New Artist:
  • "Girlfight," Brooke Valentine
  • "1, 2 Step," Ciara featuring Missy Elliot
  • "Truth Is," Fantasia
  • "Be Yor Girl," Teedra Moses
Best R&B/Soul Album, Solo
  • Goodies, Ciara
  • Free Yourself, Fantasia
  • Beautifully Human, Jill Scott
  • The Emancipation of Mimi, Mariah Carey

UGH... don't get me wrong, I like Ciara as a performer (her vocals aren't all that great) but this is the VERY reason that I hate award shows now... some of these nominations are a JOKE... Since when does Nina Sky and Destiny's Child fall anywhere near each other competition-wise... they're not even really in the same genre... and who the heck is Mis-teeq??... <sigh>... nothing makes sense anymore... wack wack wackedy wack...
icon_lol.gif

BUT, I'll still dance to it...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha INikki, Mis-Teeq are a UK band, to be honest i didnt know they were still around!
misteeq.jpg

wow... guess i learn something new everyday!!!

i love Ciara for her dance music.i think Amerie should win for 1 thing,i love that song.
biggrin.gif

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't callted the lady of SOUL awards... when you think of soul you think of people who can really SING... not people that produce catchy pop inspired music... *double sigh*

Originally Posted by QurlySq Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't callted the lady of SOUL awards... when you think of soul you think of people who can really SING... not people that produce catchy pop inspired music... *double sigh* Then the one and only nominee would be Alicia Keys.

Originally Posted by Charmaine LOL that's why I like Ciara and I like her songs cause I can dance to them - in the car, in the club, and in my room! Charmaine I was reading ya post

you can dance gurl

ohhhh ohhh go gurl

i can dance too

missy elliott really makes me just show out heyyyy lol

Latest posts

Back