Ciate

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I can't make up my mind how I feel about this company....

And, no, I haven't bought any of their products.

I guess I can't decide if it's awesome that they are putting out kits for some of the more unusual manicures that folks have been doing with craft supplies (microbead, flocking) or if it's really jerky of them to get upset that OTHER folks are referring to "caviar manicures". Seems like the phrase pre-dates their kit, after all.

Anyway, like I said, I haven't tried any of their kits. Has anyone here tried the velvet kit? I know you can do it with craft store flocking for much cheaper, but I was curious about anyone's road-testing of these?

I'm in the same boat. I've yet to test the brand out, but nail polish divas have been doing DIY tricks for a while, so why be so upset? I will say, they put out some interesting kits and ladies who don't want to hit the craft stores seem to enjoy their stuff.

I've tired their caviar nails kit in Rainbow - it turned out great but, as you'd expect, the look didn't last long. I blogged about it here if you want to check it out - Ciate Caviar Nails.

I haven't tried the velvet nails kit and am not sure that I will. I'd like to hear about others' experience with it if someone in MUT has, though!

I picked up the velvet kit...it gives you furry nails :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I had to try it.

The kit comes with crushed velvet fuzz, a matching polish and a small makeup brush.  You are supposed to shake the fuzz on wet polish and use the brush to dust it into place and brush off excess.  Its not something you can do without making a mess.  The crushed velvet fuzz shaker doesn't shake out as much as you would like. It's tall so you are worried it will topple.  The nail polish bottle is also wide but thin so I'm worried I'd knock it over.  I ended up dumping a small amount on a piece of paper and dabbing it on my nails with the brush.  I didn't get the proper amount on the first ones I did so I recoated polish on it and fuzzed it back up again.  It works ok that way.  I bought the navy kit...the polish is called 3am girl.  It's definitely different.  I like it better than the crackle fad and the magnetics.  

Latest posts

Back