Cindy Crawford meaningful beauty

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the Meaningful Beauty line for about 4 months. I have both positives and negatives to say about it. On the positive side, I LOOOOVE the way the moisturizers felt - not greasy, wonderfully silky, not too creamy or thick, just beautiful. And they always made my skin feel so nice after applying too, but I believe this is because they probably have a good amout of silicones in them - which is fine. It's not an anti-aging secret weapon, but it does give your skin a nice quality. The reason I stopped using the product was because it was a bit spendy for me, and so I began researching it to see if it really was worth such a big chunk of my budget. (It was only $40 every other month, but I've got a very tiny budget!!) I couldn't find anything here, as I bought it when it was pretty new, but I checked out other reviews online, and especially The Beauty Brains and Paula Begoun, who both have very good science backing their analysis of products. The conclusion: It's great if you like it and can afford it, but the whole "melon" sales pitch is a bunch of hype. It's not going to be a miracle cream. At most, it's just going to make your skin feel really silky. But because of this, it is still going to be beneficial in the sense that it helps keep your skin in good condition for your age. It won't make you 29 again (and yes, Cindy has had lots of plastic surgery), but it will - like many other good (and cheaper) moisturizers on the market - allow you to age gracefully. I would recommend an additional sunscreen, though, as her line's daytime moisturizer is only SPF 8! Kind of odd. The absolute minimum you should use is 15. So anyway, if you like it and can afford it, by all means use it! I still keep my eye out for deals for it on ebay in case I feel like indulging for a month or two. But don't expect it to turn back the clock.

I used the product for a couple of months. It dried out my face. The customer service is also rude and the product is consistently on back order.

Dissatisfied customer

I didn't know she had a line.

Honestly I think it's good marketing and nothing more special then the stuff there is already on the market today. It will only hurt your wallet.

But I can be wrong, here it's just a thought.

I am just now watching the infomercial on this line and looking up reviews.....you either hate it or love it .....I see a lot of both!

My question is ............well then....what do you use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????

It seems we can all ask a thousand people what is the best thing to use on your face and get a thousand different answers.

I am willing to spend the money on something that WORKS.....does it? OR...is there something better?

anybody"?

Hi - I've been using Cindy's product for about three weeks now, religiously, and I think it's aimed for the 50+, but could be dead wrong. I am, however, 50 + and, so far, it seems ok. No reactions, and my skin does feel clean and the moisturizer is smooth and soft. Hang on, I gotta check the SPF. My jar says SPF20, which is great for me, living in SoCal, but I do recall reading someone said it was SPF8 above. Perhaps that's from a newer line.

Having said all that, I already have pretty good skin from staying out of the sun, drinking water, sleeping on my back, blah, blah, but I have no real issues with this product and will continue to use it. My son said my skin looks 'better'. whatever that means.

In the past, I have been a strong advocate for DermaDoctor and still use their cleanser in the shower. The products arrived as advertised and I have no info on how easy it is to return after 30 days, but will keep you posted.

One thing. Does anyone know if there are any peptides in her products (serum especially)? I can't find any literature on that. If not, it's probably not worth the money. On the other hand, if this stuff keeps my skin looking this glowing, I'm sticking with it.

I am a very new member (15 minutes ago), so if someone can tell me what the deal is with the top 3 recommended anti-aging products on the home page here I'd appreciate it. Are they products that you-all have recommended? I see they're all the same try for 30-days, give your cc number, get charged a LOT more than Cindy's, and then return, blah, blah.

Frankly, her ad on tv caught me and I'm hoping for the best.

In short:

The cleanser is really nice and doesn't make my skin tight. Breakouts are no longer an issue at my age, but moisturizing and wrinkle reduction are, so we'll see.

The moisturizer is just fine. No irritation and I wake up with smooth, smooth skin. May not be good for younger skin, tho.

Some stinging with the mask, but have used it twice a week and I notice smaller pores, but don't they all do that?

To be brutally honest, my skin feels the very best when I use good ol' Chanel's body cream on my face. I know. I know, but I'll be darned, it WORKS.

Hope this was helpful. (For the record, the whole neck/decolletage stuff isn't worth it, anywhere. At least I've never found it to be. Just stay out of the sun and moisturize, moisturize and use sunblock. Fake tanning is where it's at, at any age, but especially now.)

I have been using Meaningful beauty for 30 days..I can only speak for myself..I had a deep wrinkle on my forhead from where you squint..I have had this for years so I decided to try Meaningful Beauty since they would give money back.I have noticed the deepness is starting to fade and is not as deep.My face is smooth,my laugh lines have faded and I get compliments all the time..I have no complaints with this product..

As a 50 year old+ CD, who lives life as a woman, I must say that I was pleasantly surprised on how good it work. My face is so smooth & winkle free.
saythat.gif

Originally Posted by christymo /img/forum/go_quote.gif Has anyone used the meaningful beauty line? I've had some friends tell me they like it, but I wanted a broader review before I purchased. I just received my first shipment of Meaningful Beauty. I may send it back quickly because there's so much fragrance in the creams, and I prefer no fragrance. Also, I noticed that the toner contains triethanolamine, which causes cancer, so I won't be using that.

I ordered the starter kit online after watching the infomercials forever. After waiting 3 weeks, the kit arrived and I began using it immediately. After 2 weeks, I noticed my skin hurt and was terribly dry, with patches of roughness and what looked like peeling skin. No matter how much of the creme's I put on my face thinking it was supposed to take off the 'dead skin', my face turned red and the texture became really rough and scaly. 

I stopped using the product, called customer service who tried to convince me to accept the automatic delivery every 30 days. I told them I wanted out of the 'club' and have ceased using the product. Now I'm hoping my skin will return to it's normal texture and look, it was pretty good for someone my age.

Before I purchased this line, I had read lots of good reviews by people so perhaps it's just my particular skin and sensitivity to something in the products.

It's possible, you never know how your skin will react. It's too bad it didn't work for you.

Allow your skin some time, i'm sure it will go back to normal.

Hi, I've been using it for two weeks now and it's making my eyes water and burn. I think it's the eye lift cream causing that problem but not sure. I have had a few blemishes, too and I don't normally get those. I cancelled future orders. It's got something in it that my face doesn't like.. my eye lids feel like they are burning, too.

This is my first time to post any thoughts on anything other than facebook/twitter/or myspace. Anyway, I have used Meaningful Beauty. I have mixed feelings on it. I LOVED parts of it, and disliked other parts. I loved the convenience and feel of the face wash. I loved the night time moisturizer. However, every time I used the day time moisturizer my face broke out. So I used the night time moisturizer with Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock. I use the 100 SPF with helioplex. I do like the face mask. But the Number 1 thing HATE is how you can't buy the products individually. The whole system is a great price but I don't want the daytime moisturizer... oh well. I am considering reordering anyway.

I've tried the products and decided that it wasn't worth the money. Only I have just received my third shipment after I have cancelled the product.  I cancelled once in January '11, again in March '11, and again in May'11.  The product is over priced and the customer service is incredibly poor.  And, returning the product will not credit back the full amount to my credit card - which I've had to pay for until they decide to credit - or I get charged the interest.  Overall I wouldn't recommend to anyone - am considering starting a twitter or joining facebook just so i can spread the word faster to people to save their money.

I've been using the product for 2 months and I have seen a DRAMATIC difference in my skin. Don't buy the product, I hate it. I have spoken to customer service and am in the process of returning the product. My skin went from no acne to full blown acne and is now very oily. It sucks!

I really liked the "glowing serum" however there is something more in the product than they would have you believe.  Caused a terrible allergic reaction and customer service is very nasty, they seem to think once you order you need to pay for life.  And they keep on charging you whether you like the products or not....Told me they were going to send me product and even if I returned it they would not refund all the money....

There is one benefit that an individual can receive from this product and one which most customers have been happy with, that is the reasonable price that is put onto this item. The Meaningful Beauty Products are considerably cheaper than some of the other similar brands, specifically ones that are celebrity endorsed. Another advantage that many customers have seen was that this product does not clog the pores easily. Also many customers who have purchased and tried out this product have said that they feel the benefits of better skin hydration when they are regularly putting on this makeup than when they were not using Meaningful Beauty and on top of this they also found that ordering the product is not too troublesome.

Back