Circular Swap Round 2-California Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries. I had told loops privately that you probably didn't know that it had been waiting for pick up. I had not been checking here as often I should and lyndav is a friend and had mentioned that someone did not send their box and the next day I got the email asking what was up. The box is over two lbs and has full size items so it will be worth the wait. Please let us know when it gets to you.

WOW...two pounds!!  My gosh, what in the world do you have in there girl??  ooohh, I'm so excited for this circular swap PLUS we start the nail polish circular swap tomorrow!!  Hubby thinks I've gone crazy!!

LyndaV

Hi Everyone,

Got the box today!  Wow, it's great!  I am having trouble getting pictures from my phone to my computer, so I can just describe--there are 4 nail polishes, dozens of foil packets, quite a few perfume samples (some very large), tons of skincare and some makeup!    I will be adding another couple of nail polishes and some other fun things. I won't be able to get to the post office til Saturday though.

Yikes that's fast!  I better get my stuff together. =)  Do you guys want pictures when I get the box or should we keep it a surprise?

I think the pictures are a fun way to expand the experience, so I'd love to see them. I don't look at the items in the pictures too closely, so it'd still be fun and something of a surprise to get to go through it in person. Kudos to Jenna! Brilliant move to split the boxes by region. I love how it's just flying now.

Box was sent out this morning to Tulippop!  I put labels on things I've swatched (nail polish, eye shadow, cuticle stuff).  The only thing that is NEW but also has a label is the hand cream.  It is from Donna Karan, and is the scent "Cashmere Mist"--I don't care for the scent that much, but they gave me the hand cream so now it goes to someone who will love it.

Just wondering, since there is nail polish in the box, does it need to be sent via parcel post? Or does it not matter since it's going through one state?

Just wondering, since there is nail polish in the box, does it need to be sent via parcel post?
I'm not sure what official postal service rules are on that.  Whether you send it via parcel post or not is completely up to you.  In the past, I have sent nail polish and perfume (in small amounts only) via regular 1st class service.  I always make sure to wrap them very well.

I got the box today and will ship it out either Tuesday or Wednesday.  Here are some pics!

Stuff in the box...

Stuff I took out....

Stuff I put in....

Hi!  I just sent it out today and the guy at the PO said Bluelion should get it by Tuesday next week.

Yay! This works out perfectly because I have a hectic weekend ahead of me getting ready for my parents' return from an 8 month trip overseas. They get back that Tuesday too, so if it arrives that day, I'll still have an extra day or two to go through it and put my stuff in without stress. Can't wait!

Wow!  That box is A W E S O M E !!  Can't wait to see what is in it when it gets to me...boo hoo I'm LAST!!

Originally Posted by LyndaV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow!  That box is A W E S O M E !!  Can't wait to see what is in it when it gets to me...boo hoo I'm LAST!!
No boo hoo--that means you get it after EVERYONE has contributed! There's benefit to being at EITHER end of the chain!

Originally Posted by bluelion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay! This works out perfectly because I have a hectic weekend ahead of me getting ready for my parents' return from an 8 month trip overseas. They get back that Tuesday too, so if it arrives that day, I'll still have an extra day or two to go through it and put my stuff in without stress. Can't wait!
Wow that's a long trip! 

I just checked the DC and it says that it's out for delivery today!  That's a lot faster than the post office guy said it would take.  Now I kind of wished I hadn't paid $26 for another package I was mailing out to my friend with 2 day delivery and opted for regular mail for $12 instead.  lol

Just keep your eyes peeled for the next round of signups, and check out the guidelines to make sure you qualify. https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/126142/round-2-circular-swap-sign-ups-closed

tulippop, today's mail has already arrived, but alas, no package. Maybe in tomorrow's mail? Will keep you posted!

UPDATE: Got the box! Don't anticipate opening it till later this evening, so I'll try to have pictures up tomorrow. melissaftw, I'm hoping to send the box back out again on Monday, but it may be Wednesday at the latest.

Originally Posted by bluelion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just keep your eyes peeled for the next round of signups, and check out the guidelines to make sure you qualify. https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/126142/round-2-circular-swap-sign-ups-closed

tulippop, today's mail has already arrived, but alas, no package. Maybe in tomorrow's mail? Will keep you posted!

UPDATE: Got the box! Don't anticipate opening it till later this evening, so I'll try to have pictures up tomorrow. melissaftw, I'm hoping to send the box back out again on Monday, but it may be Wednesday at the latest.
Awesome! Thank you for the update. =]

Back