Circular Swap Round 2-California Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got a chance to go through the box a little this morning, and all I could think was "oh, goodness." There's a lot of stuff in there, and it was slightly overwhelming.  Everything was packed very neatly, so I want to be careful when I take photos of everything in the box and leave it more or less intact. For now, I thought I'd just post photos of what I'll be putting in. Will post box contents and what I'm taking later today. I'm only about halfway done going through it all!

Please excuse my old scuffed up table. Used or swatched items will be labelled or packed separately. As far as the palettes/trios, some shades either been used, nicked, or swatched, but there's a fair amount hasn't been touched either, so I thought it would be okay to include, like the Too Faced stuff. The Stila set is a trio of shadows and a lipstick. It was purchased at a warehouse sale. I'd probably toss the lipstick as it seems to be discontinued, but it is unused, so I'll leave it at everyone's discretion. The brown box isn't dusty, it's just the flash catching the material, which is of the fuzzy velvet variety. The NYX lipstick is in the shade Vitamin.

I know I said I'd have it sent out Wednesday, but I definitely have to figure out how to get everything packed in again. Still aiming for this week, though, and will update asap. Next address already received.

I am so excited! The last traveling box was amazing, and this looks like it will be, too. I have a bunch of stuff to add when it's my turn.

Okay, I sent the package this morning. I did take photos of what I took and the contents of the box other than what I put in, but I'll have to post them after I finish work tonight. I took the liberty of repacking and condensing some items so I could get it all in a large flat rate box. It was a little over 6 pounds. I put a plastic tab on any of my items that were swatched or used. I may have forgotten to tab the Zoya polish, but that one is pretty obviously used so it won't be hard to identify. I also sanitized the shadows to the best of my ability, but encourage anyone who ends up taking them to do it again in their method of choice.

Also, there was an eyeliner that I took out because the expiration date said May.

Pics as promised!

Contents:

(That yellow package at the top left is what I took out after I noticed the exp. date.)

More contents:

I was very tempted to take the printed brush roll because it's so cute, but I know I won't use it, which is the whole point of this thing, isn't it? To share what you won't use? =)

Lastly, what I took:

I received the box yesterday afternoon and was emailed the address of the next recipient this morning. I will update once it's off to its next destination. =)

I dropped the box off at the post office early this morning. I apologize that it took so many days to get it back on its journey.

Originally Posted by MelissaFTW /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I dropped the box off at the post office early this morning. I apologize that it took so many days to get it back on its journey.
No problem! It should be fast since the ladies did such a good job organizing geographically. And it will comfort me, since I just cancelled Glossybox this morning.

Woo-hoo I'm nex after Sleepykatt!!  SO excited its silly!

I understand your pain Sleepykat, I cancelled GlossyBox on Friday.  Beautiful boxes but just not worth $23.05 (I'm in CA so I have to pay tax).  I'm really bummed because I drooled over the  Glossybox in other countries and sat through all their games while waiting for subs to open up.  But, I'm trying to cut down on some of these subs so the axe it is!

Woo-hoo I'm nex after Sleepykatt!!  SO excited its silly! I understand your pain Sleepykat, I cancelled GlossyBox on Friday.  Beautiful boxes but just not worth $23.05 (I'm in CA so I have to pay tax).  I'm really bummed because I drooled over the  Glossybox in other countries and sat through all their games while waiting for subs to open up.  But, I'm trying to cut down on some of these subs so the axe it is!
Thanks, LyndaV. Yes, the CA tax influenced my decision, too. I am confident that this traveling box will ease your pain. I would describe it by saying "Wowsa!" It is brimming with brand names. I already picked out what to keep, and my stuff to put in is set aside. I will e-mail the organizers, re-pack everything, and the box will be on the move again either Monday or Tuesday. I will try to post photos tomorrow or Monday. Some of the stuff was so cute I wanted to keep it, even though I wouldn't use it, but I resisted. I am trying to be more reasonable in that area (reasonable for a beauty addict, not for a regular person), actually using and enjoying my products instead of just oohing and aahing over my hoard. Oh, and trying to acquire somewhat unique items rather than a bunch of almost dupes.

Haha...after I posted that I had to pay tax because I'm in CA...I thought, well duh!  This is the CA Traveling Box thread!!  Thank God it is the weekend, my brain is obviously fried!

Haha...after I posted that I had to pay tax because I'm in CA...I thought, well duh!  This is the CA Traveling Box thread!!  Thank God it is the weekend, my brain is obviously fried!
That's okay--when I wrote my response, I almost said, "yeah, I'm in CA, too".

I got the box today!  Wow, this thing is super packed with all sorts of goodies!  Once I get a chance I will take pics of what I'm taking and what I'm putting in.

Thanks everybody!

LV

Just an fyi everyone, I am heading out of town until next tuesday so email replies may be infrequent from the sample swap account!

Sorry I didn't post pics when it was my turn; migraine problems. LyndaV, I hope you have lots of fun with it. I did. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

WOW this is the best box I have seen! I think I am after my dear friend LyndaV and SleepKat has the best taste ever so between these two gals I know my box will be FABU!  I am all set to do another starter if Loops wants me too ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it will be bigger and better than before.

What I took out: http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee509/Sleepykat1/f8ec192d.jpg

Most of what I put in (I added some others after this photo was taken): http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee509/Sleepykat1/3f0e13da.jpg
A little late, but photo URLs are in the spoiler if you're interested in two turns ago.
icon_redface.gif

Aw, Ampym, that was sweet of you to say. I have no doubt you will enjoy the box. These ladies did not hold back. Definitely droolworthy.

Oh my gosh, this box is a brute!!  I took my goodies out and put lots back in.  Ampym, I'll be sending it on to you tomorrow and there is a special goodie inside because you are such a sweet lady.

Here are pics...sorry that they didn't turn out very good for some reason.  I added a couple things after as well.

I definitely want to be in on the next box, this was so much fun!

What I took from the box:              What I added to the box:

Latest posts

Back