Circular Swap Round 2-California Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Discuss the california box here! *Please note one California participant is in the "west" box, to even out the numbers. 

Participants: 

Amypym scawolita Missionista tulippop bluelion melissaftw sleepkat LyndaV

Once you've received the box, send an email to [email protected] and you will get the next address!      Remember to send the box on and email a delivery confirmation number to [email protected] within 3 days of receiving it, if you are going to be more than 7 days please email [email protected] or you will not be allowed to participate again! 

yay!  Can't wait til I get the box.  I already have a bunch of stuff to add.  =D

Hooray, so psyched!

I have a few questions:

1) Is the order listed above the order in which the swap happens? I.e. Ampym gets the box first, then Scawolita, then me?  Or does it go in a different order?

2) Can I include some nail polish?  I have one or two Essie full size and the colors just don't work on me.  Trying to pare down!

3) Are any of you California ladies in San Francisco?  Specifically, Scawolita or Tulipop (just before and just after me?)  If you are, and want to arrange to meet to do a box hand off instead of mailing, I'm OK with that. Is that allowed in the rules?

Originally Posted by missionista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hooray, so psyched!

I have a few questions:

1) Is the order listed above the order in which the swap happens? I.e. Ampym gets the box first, then Scawolita, then me?  Or does it go in a different order?

2) Can I include some nail polish?  I have one or two Essie full size and the colors just don't work on me.  Trying to pare down!

3) Are any of you California ladies in San Francisco?  Specifically, Scawolita or Tulipop (just before and just after me?)  If you are, and want to arrange to meet to do a box hand off instead of mailing, I'm OK with that. Is that allowed in the rules?
1. That's the order! I placed everyone's cities into google maps and tried to come up with the most logical order! It starts with Ampym does a loop around what I believe you californians refer to as "the bay" (lol) and then heads down to the Los Angeles area. 

2. Yes, please do! You can include anything you want. 

3. If both parties are comfortable with it, I don't see why not. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1. That's the order! I placed everyone's cities into google maps and tried to come up with the most logical order! It starts with Ampym does a loop around what I believe you californians refer to as "the bay" (lol) and then heads down to the Los Angeles area. 

2. Yes, please do! You can include anything you want. 

3. If both parties are comfortable with it, I don't see why not. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
Yes, us Bay-destrian's do reffer to this part of CA as "The Bay" :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

LOL and thank you so much, I am so happy to see my name on the list this time around!

Originally Posted by missionista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hooray, so psyched!

I have a few questions:

Hey! I'm in the eastbay but in school in the southbay/peninsula and work in the southbay.  So I don't think a meetup would work unless you want to leave SF.  Everyone I know who lives in SF never wants to leave SF!!!  I always have to go visit them. =D 

I live in SF, and work in the East Bay!  tee hee.  I'm not averse to leaving SF, but it sounds like it won't be that convenient after all.  No worries, that's what the post office is for. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

BTW, would you guys be okay with used items?  I have some eyeshadow palettes that are a little used which don't suit my skintone.  I also have a few nail polishes (some new some used 1-3x) that don't suit me as well. 

I wouldn't mind, especially polish. And as far as shadow, I suppose you can sterilize yourself if you want it or pass if you're not comfortable w/it. Maybe, if it's used attach a note so we know?

I wouldn't mind either. With some items it might be obvious, but I also plan on labeling swatched or very lightly used items, or maybe even bagging them separately. Seems only fair in case anyone wants to avoid used items full stop.

If possible, can everyone post pics of the box as they get it so we can check out its progress?

I'm also completely OK with lightly used items, especially nail polish.  I've also recently had good luck with sterilizing some eyeshadow I bought second-hand.  Bring on the swatched!

Yay!  I'll put painter's tape and write on the items that are used/swatched.  I have some china glaze and sally hansen nail polishes I'm not using so this will be awesome.  =)

Me too, and my stuff alone is somewhat weight-y. I reckon it'll be a pretty heavy box, if not by the time it gets to me, then by the time it leaves me! Very much looking forward to unloading some of my stuff that's been neglected or unused, and hope very much that they'll find good homes.

I know there wasn't an official start date, but any idea if or when this box has started its journey yet? No pressure, I'm just an eager beaver!

I would also love to know where it is.  One of the other boxes is going really fast and is already on its way to the 4th person on the list!  I've already got everything ready to send out and just wanted to let you ladies know that IF I get the box after Monday/Tuesday next week, I won't be able to mail it out again until the following Monday.  I've got finals that week and am pretty stressed out from studying.  =(

Also I haven't seen Amypym around or on the Round 2 Signup thread and she is suppose to start our box.  I wonder if she knows that it has started?

Latest posts

Back