Circular Swap Round 2-East Coast Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just checking to see where the box was..I was figuring it might be getting close to a second go-round!

I fell in love with a couple of items I pulled from the box. It really is a fun little project to be a part of..Hope it gets going soon!

Originally Posted by suenotto /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Where is koolcryss located? What I mean is, is someone relatively close to her?
I don't want to publicly post her location obviously, but the next participant is about 2 hours from her. : 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't want to publicly post her location obviously, but the next participant is about 2 hours from her. : 
I'm next on the list. As much as I would love to drive out to her and just go get the box so that the remaining people on the list still get to participate sometime soon, I don't have the time. 

I hope the person who has the box is okay, but you said she had signed in here, so it seems like she's just taking her time with the box. I'm going to be annoyed as well if I don't get to participate, I was really looking forward to it and have a TON of stuff to get rid of.

Originally Posted by onthecontrary /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm next on the list. As much as I would love to drive out to her and just go get the box so that the remaining people on the list still get to participate sometime soon, I don't have the time. 

I hope the person who has the box is okay, but you said she had signed in here, so it seems like she's just taking her time with the box. I'm going to be annoyed as well if I don't get to participate, I was really looking forward to it and have a TON of stuff to get rid of.
Absolutely not, I would never expect that. She has had the box for a month, it is her responsiblity to get it sent on. Given the metro area you guys are in, I'm sure there would be plenty of traffic to deal with, too. Plus that'd be a 4 hour trip there and back. And we aren't getting any response anyway, so we couldn't even schedule a time, lol. 

Fortunately, we have a solution. Glamourdolleyes/Vee has so kindly offered to send the west coast box on to the next person in our group so we can finish the round. I'm giving koolcryss to the end of this week to respond (I sent her another email on monday morning), and then I'll have Vee send it out. 

So just be sure to thank Vee for being such a sweet lady! 

Thanks, Vee! I guess as Jenna said earlier, that the rules will just have to get more strict, but that doesn't matter much to those that have been doing it right... It's really not worth it to throw away your rep on here over a box of makeup samples though.

I totally concur, wintersnowpeach. Stricter guidelines won't make a big difference to the participants who are doing it for the right reasons. The CA swap that I was in finished last month, but I still enjoy checking out the progress of the other ones. Bummed to see that this one has stalled. I hope that koolcryyss is okay, but if she is, then there's really no excuse for not keeping y'all posted about what's happening. The rules were very specifically laid out from the get-go, and to disregard them is disrespectful to everyone involved in these swaps. I hope this works out, but I'm glad there's a backup plan in place.  And Vee, you're too awesome. It's really nice to know that there are such generous people on here.

Vee you are too sweet. I'm SO down for stricter rules, cause it stinks always being on edge wondering if something will go wrong /:

I've been done with my round "last chance box" for a while now. Can't wait for the signups to reopen!

Can someone just call koolcryys? Maybe she doesn't have the money to mail the box on..

I don't know about anyone else, but yes, it bothers me that someone would just keep everything that folks put in (even though it was stuff I didn't want) and ruin it for everyone else.

Still, I doubt she planned to keep it, it probably just happened, maybe she's low on funds and can't send it on but is too embarrassed at this point to come forward.

Money issues or not, it's a matter of integrity. We participate at our own risk and if we can't afford to send a $10-$20 package, we shouldn't partake. If someone can't abide by the guidelines set forth, don't come out and play. The person in question was contacted several times by Playedinloops, yet hasn't responded and was online and able to respond, but didn't. A bit of embarrassment and silence is going to cost a lot more and ruin her reputation here on MuT, which could have been easily avoided.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's going out today so you should get it Monday hopefully.
Thank you so much, Vee! You are a super nice lady :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by suenotto /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can someone just call koolcryys? Maybe she doesn't have the money to mail the box on..

I don't know about anyone else, but yes, it bothers me that someone would just keep everything that folks put in (even though it was stuff I didn't want) and ruin it for everyone else.

Still, I doubt she planned to keep it, it probably just happened, maybe she's low on funds and can't send it on but is too embarrassed at this point to come forward.
I don't think providing a phone number was a participation requirement. Whatever the case is, it's inconsiderate to not let everyone else know that the box is going to be late or that something happened to it.

Nope, we don't have a phone number and I wouldn't call her anyway. Answering emails isn't hard, and is a lot less embarrassing imo than being called and having to answer to someone on the phone. I don't know whether she intended to keep it or not, but I put A LOT of stuff in that box, those of you who received it know how big it was when it started, and I know you all added great stuff too. It sucks, but I don't think it'll be making its way back to me. 

I know these swaps come with inherent risks, but is it possible to ban these few people from the site? Can moderaters keep track of IP addresses? Not being able to participate in future swaps would be a given, but it's so aggravating to think that someone would steal, but still come back to use the site and just ignore what happened. I guess it's a limited solution, since someone could just change their info or log on from various locations. Would filing for mail fraud be an option, even though no money was involved?

hi ladies! I'm so happy to report that I received the box today! 
icon_cheers.gif
 I'll post pictures in a little bit, I just got in and I'm still pawing through it (there's SOOOOO much stuff! Good job, West ladies!) I should be able to get it in the mail by Thursday, so it'll be on to the next person soon!
yess.gif

Originally Posted by onthecontrary /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hi ladies! I'm so happy to report that I received the box today! 
icon_cheers.gif
 I'll post pictures in a little bit, I just got in and I'm still pawing through it (there's SOOOOO much stuff! Good job, West ladies!) I should be able to get it in the mail by Thursday, so it'll be on to the next person soon!
yess.gif
lmao dancing banana

Back