Circular Swap Round 2-East Coast Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitty chewing up the bubble wrap as I went through the box, lol.

What I took out. (I feel like it was kind of a lot, but there was so much great stuff in this box, I didn't even make a dent). There was a body oil that rolled out of the photo and a few little samples that I took out while I was repacking the box. 

Some of what I put in (I put in a bunch more after I took the picture and didn't feel like pulling everything out again). 
Just a note about the Kheil's- it is only half full. I developed an allergy to it and it's just been sitting in my cabinet, so I figured someone else might be able to use it since there's a good deal left. 
I think it might behoove us to get a flat rate box. When I got the box it weighed 8lbs, according to the USPS website it would cost ~$30 to mail 
icon_eek.gif
 (unless you print the label at home, but I don't have a precise scale to do that with).  A large FL box is $15.45. The original box is kind of beat up anyway, so a new box wouldn't hurt!

Originally Posted by onthecontrary /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Kitty chewing up the bubble wrap as I went through the box, lol.

What I took out. (I feel like it was kind of a lot, but there was so much great stuff in this box, I didn't even make a dent). There was a body oil that rolled out of the photo and a few little samples that I took out while I was repacking the box. 

Some of what I put in (I put in a bunch more after I took the picture and didn't feel like pulling everything out again). 

Just a note about the Kheil's- it is only half full. I developed an allergy to it and it's just been sitting in my cabinet, so I figured someone else might be able to use it since there's a good deal left. 
I think it might behoove us to get a flat rate box. When I got the box it weighed 8lbs, according to the USPS website it would cost ~$30 to mail 
icon_eek.gif
 (unless you print the label at home, but I don't have a precise scale to do that with).  A large FL box is $15.45. The original box is kind of beat up anyway, so a new box wouldn't hurt!
It was 8lbs when I sent it and it cost $25.83  (online price with $600 insurance) just in case anyone wanted to know. I didn't have a flat rate so I couldn't put it in one (and I just put it back into the box it was sent to me with :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It was 8lbs when I sent it and it cost $25.83  (online price with $600 insurance) just in case anyone wanted to know. I didn't have a flat rate so I couldn't put it in one (and I just put it back into the box it was sent to me with :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)
Oh no! I don't want you to think I was criticizing your box choice...I kind of beat up the box because I ripped it a little when I was trying to get the tape off! 
whistling.gif
 (I really wanted to see what was inside!) I'm going to pick up a flat rate box tomorrow to cut down the shipping cost for everyone. Thank you so much, again, for mailing this box off to the east coast so we could keep going with our swap!

(BTW, I took out your eye primer. I used it on the back of my hand and it's really nice, I can't wait to try it on my eyes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) 

Oh no! I don't want you to think I was criticizing your box choice...I kind of beat up the box because I ripped it a little when I was trying to get the tape off! :whistling:  (I really wanted to see what was inside!) I'm going to pick up a flat rate box tomorrow to cut down the shipping cost for everyone. Thank you so much, again, for mailing this box off to the east coast so we could keep going with our swap! (BTW, I took out your eye primer. I used it on the back of my hand and it's really nice, I can't wait to try it on my eyes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) 
No no, not at all. I just thought I would put it out there if you were intending to keep it in the same box. I should have gotten a flat rate but it was just easier that way. The box was already beat up pretty bad so I can imagine after someone else tore through it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hope you like it!!

I sent the box out today 
hand.gif
 I don't know how much it weighed, but it cost $16.20 to mail it in a large flat rate box with DC. It's pretty packed out with stuff, I hope you guys enjoy it!

What happens when it goes through the list? will it get sent on?

How are the rules going to be changed to make it 'safer' (avoid someone keeping the box?)

I've already got some new stuff for another round!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by suenotto /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What happens when it goes through the list? will it get sent on?

How are the rules going to be changed to make it 'safer' (avoid someone keeping the box?)

I've already got some new stuff for another round!
biggrin.gif
1. We'll open sign ups again and mix it up so people are in different groups before we start another round. 

2. not sure yet! If anyone has suggestions, feel free to message or email them to me. I have a few ideas, but I haven't started writing up rules yet .

Code:
Hi everyone just wanted to let u know I got the box today (big) I have not had a chance to look thru it. I unfortunately had to have emergency surgery on sat n just got home. I will look thru it Tom and get it out someday this week can't make a promise on the date it all depends on how I feel. I do have someone to take it to the post office (my wonderful grandparents came down from NY as soon as the heard to help me n hubby with boys- grandparents r great) so getting it out won't b a problem n I'll do my best to get thru it quickly. It figures I have never had any surgery b4 n now when its my turn for the box something would happen. I'll b sure to get the nxt addy, the earliest day to get the box out will probably b Thursday hope that's ok.

I sent you the next address, no problem on taking your time. Surgery is understandable, and I hope you feel better soon!! 

Hi everyone the box is packed and ready to go to the next person. I will ship it tomorrow morning and provide the makeuptalk email with the tracking info as soon as it ships.

Box was shipped to the nxt addy today. I had a lot of fun looking thru the stuff. There is a ton of goodies. the tracking info was sent to the MOT email.

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's just so crazy that someone could actually do that. :/
And that this is the second time! I'm starting to not trust anyone. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was starting to maybe worry that something HAD happened to her, but she logged in here 4 days ago, so I don't think that is the case.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And that this is the second time! I'm starting to not trust anyone. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was starting to maybe worry that something HAD happened to her, but she logged in here 4 days ago, so I don't think that is the case.
No way, really?! Knowing that makes it even worse! I was thinking something might've happened too, but having the time to log in and ignore everything is so callous. If something happened to the box, I wish she'd just own up to it. I doubt it'll happen, but it'd be great if she'd just silently sent off the box to the next person she was originally meant to ship to since she has the address.

Latest posts

Back