Circular Swap Round 2-West Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a lot of stuff so I'm going to refer to Vee's photos as reference to what the box has.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's our box. Weighs 4lbs!
eek.gif

And of course Glamour Doll Shadows, since Jenna said it was ok!
I apologize now, I didn't check for expiration dates, although they are all fairly new but we all know that some companies (BeFine) send out expired ones anyways.
My picking items today was side tracked because for each item I'm taking I'm putting something in and that lead me to getting off track because now I'm cleaning and re-organizing my room. lol I have WAY too much stuff - all of which is (of the stuff I'm organizing) are not leaving me (because it's used items). I also discovered to what extent my daughters have been using my things because the shoe box full of drug store lip glosses is practically empty - they haven't hit the other box with the high end lip glosses (there would be hell to pay if they did).

While I wanted to get this box out tomorrow to the next person, realistically it's not going to leave me until Wednesday at the latest (has to leave Wednesday since I won't be home until the following Monday night).

Ok, so here's what I took.

I took the Colorscience travel puff - my daughter had one and loved it so she wanted the other one.

I took out the Weleda because that expired in April.

I took the two Pangea Organics packets because I LOVE Pangea Organic products but never tried either of those items.

I took both Dr. Jart+ BB creams, my daughters wanted to try it and while I have mine it's not enough to share.

I took the Lancome liner because I love the color.

Took one of the Control Freak. I think I took the only non-vegan one so the other three are vegan. I also took five of the Glamour Doll Eyes shadows. My girls wanted to take three each (12 total between the four of us) but I told them to pick the colors they like and I'll just order some from Vee next month.

My eldest daughter wanted the MUFE lip gloss so she picked that while the youngest wanted the Sparkle Me ("Glitter! Must have!").

My eldest and I were in agreement that the Blossom's blush is pretty and while it came from GoGo Girlfriend we didn't have a reaction to the eyeshadow we got from them several months ago.

I keep hearing great things about Soap and Glory (is that the right name?) that I took the Look Better Naked sample. My middle daughter wanted the pom lotion so she picked that.

Oh and lastly I took the cream blush/lip thing because it's a color my middle daughter liked.

They wanted the NYX mascara however I told them it should go to someone who can't go buy NYX as we can go to ULTA and get it since it's on sale this week and I've got coupons! lol

So here's what I put in the box.

1. A sample of Ouidad hair gel
  2. Korres body wash in fig
  3. four Hard Candy eyeliners with sharpener (new but I removed it from the box due to packaging size)
  4. Sephora eyebrow pencil (new, wrong color for me)
  5. Bare Esentuals baby kabuki brush
  6. Oluv care lotion
  7. a mud mask
  8. a lip gloss sample
  9. L'Oreal Youth Code sample packet
  10. Keracolor packet (so mine and Vee's makes two in the box)
  11. Body Shop Tea Tree facial wash sample packet
  12. Incoco nail appliques
  13. two Urban Decay one-time use samples
  14. Frownies eye patches and the cream that came with it
  15. two KMS scalp lotions
  16. KMS hair product (sorry blanking on the name)
  17. John Frieda shampoo and conditioner packet
  18. Four Hard Candy nail polishes
  19. A couple of extra surprises not shown. > :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for taking out that Weleda. I totally should have looked for expiration dates, sorry about that!
I bet the Weleda will be fine.  I received several of the Weleda items with the 4/2012 expiration date in my boxes, and they are all fine.

I should be receiving the box next and I am very excited!  Two questions:

1.)  This question is primarily for tacomagirl, souly, coocabarra, and Kweenah, who follow me in the swap.  Would you be interested in swatched, but not really used, items?  I have a swatched LORAC eyeshadow palette which I could mist with rubbing alcohol.  I would identify any of the swatched items as being swatched.

2.)  Can someone tell me where I can find instructions on how to upload a photo of what I put in the box?

Thank you!

I'm fine with swatched items. I'm really fine with the idea of trying out LORAC.

• To post pictures I upload them to my desktop and then go to the picture icon in the tool bar above the reply to content box.
  • It looks like a little house in a picture frame, two spaces to the left of the paper clip icon.  
  • Once you've clicked on that a box will pop up, select the choose file button and open your pictures file.
  • When your pictures file is open click on the picture you want and then hit the button that says open.
  • After that hit the submit button.

I don't know how good my directions are, but that's pretty much how I do it. Zadidoll might be better at explaining since she does it a lot as a Mod.

Originally Posted by TacomaGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm fine with swatched items. I'm really fine with the idea of trying out LORAC.

• To post pictures I upload them to my desktop and then go to the picture icon in the tool bar above the reply to content box.
  • It looks like a little house in a picture frame, two spaces to the left of the paper clip icon.  
  • Once you've clicked on that a box will pop up, select the choose file button and open your pictures file.
  • When your pictures file is open click on the picture you want and then hit the button that says open.
  • After that hit the submit button.

I don't know how good my directions are, but that's pretty much how I do it. Zadidoll might be better at explaining since she does it a lot as a Mod.
Thank you so much, TacomaGirl!

Please dont hate me girls but I have a confession to make. I didn't get a chance to mail the box out before I left. I asked the hubby to do so but he hasn't either. I will be returning home on Monday from IMATS and will toss in some items from IMATS to make it up to you ladies. So sorry about the delay. In my excitement to travel to IMATS I left the box on my desk.

We would never hate you Zadi!

Most of you know I have health probs so I will be relying on hubby to send it for me. I will do my best to get him to send it within 3 days.

I am fine w/ swatched items too

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We would never hate you Zadi!

Most of you know I have health probs so I will be relying on hubby to send it for me. I will do my best to get him to send it within 3 days.

I am fine w/ swatched items too
Of course we would never hate you!  I appreciate you keeping us updated. 

Our thread is so dead compared to others! I know its not my turn yet but thought I would post some pics.

I've added more. Will take pics soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've sent the box out today. I put a few IMATS goodies in it from Brett Freedman and a mascara from Saucebox. In all there are five items from IMATS.

From Vanity Mark by Brett Freedman:

1. Eyelash curler
  2. Mascara (full size)
  3. Tweezers
  4. Brow comb/lash comb

From Saucebox:

1. Mascara (full size)

Samples from Japonesque & another company whose name I'm totally blanking out on. Because the box is already so stuffed and it's not in the box Vee sent because that box is now too small, lol, this is a large white box. So the person in Seattle look for a white box. Also because I couldn't add more to it the first five ladies please take only one item from IMATS if you want and leave the rest for the next person. I wasn't sure how many are on the list for the West Coast box otherwise I would have added more - some how making it fit.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've sent the box out today. I put a few IMATS goodies in it from Brett Freedman and a mascara from Saucebox. In all there are five items from IMATS.

From Vanity Mark by Brett Freedman:

1. Eyelash curler
  2. Mascara (full size)
  3. Tweezers
  4. Brow comb/lash comb

From Saucebox:

1. Mascara (full size)

Samples from Japonesque & another company whose name I'm totally blanking out on. Because the box is already so stuffed and it's not in the box Vee sent because that box is now too small, lol, this is a large white box. So the person in Seattle look for a white box. Also because I couldn't add more to it the first five ladies please take only one item from IMATS if you want and leave the rest for the next person. I wasn't sure how many are on the list for the West Coast box otherwise I would have added more - some how making it fit.
Oh dear! How am I going to stuff everything in one box then? Yikes! This box is going to end up weighing 15 pounds! 

LOL Well keep in mind that things will be added and removed so the box may get bigger or smaller as time goes by. For me sending it out to Beautyboxgal it's 4 pounds and 7.2 ounces. It cost $8.10 to send to her via priority mail but I printed the label from home as doing it from my local mail box service was going to be $16! (Ouch!) She just got the tracking # from me and should get it by Saturday.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL Well keep in mind that things will be added and removed so the box may get bigger or smaller as time goes by. For me sending it out to Beautyboxgal it's 4 pounds and 7.2 ounces. It cost $8.10 to send to her via priority mail but I printed the label from home as doing it from my local mail box service was going to be $16! (Ouch!) She just got the tracking # from me and should get it by Saturday.
SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!

Ooo, so I'm creeping & noticed someone put in EYESHADOW SAMPLES. =)

I am a sucker. But I'm confused. I think the user was glamour doll eyes but that was the name of the eye shadow samples? Is there any relation or just a love for the product? Also, I was wondering if there was any ways to request some samples of them - like I said, I'm a sucker for samples AND for companies I've never heard of. Not that I'm crazy about MAD Skincare but when I heard I could request samples before having to buy from them, I jumped on board & i'm glad I had the opportunity to sample first. Oh & any other suggestions on companies to try? I'm especially interested in indie nail polish so I've been spending some time on Etsy. Okay, I'll stop rambling now because I'm sure someone will respond as long as I post this.

Glamour Doll Eyes is actually Vee's company. I bought several samples from her and took a few from the box and I love these shadows so yes you can buy samples but I don't suggest buying baggie samples get the larger samples. I'm kicking myself for not ordering Feline Fatale in a larger sample or full size and Vee discontinued that. Let's put it this way, on Sunday when I wore her shadows more boldly I had several professional - as in works in movies, tv, print - complement me on my makeup especially my eyes.

http://glamourdolleyes.com/

I had a feeling you'd be the one to answer me, Zadi! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks for the info!! That's awesome that she started up her own makeup line! jelllllly!

Back