Circular Swap Round 2-West Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi! 

I received the box from Zadidoll on Friday!  I had such a nice weekend going through everything!  I had seen the pictures but it makes a much greater impact when you see it all in person! 

Wow!  What a haul!  And, the box is just getting bigger.  The box now weighs 5 pounds 9 ounces.  I have it ready to be shipped on Monday to tacomagirl.

Regarding swatched items, I spritzed the LORAC palette with rubbing alcohol and tried to wipe off the gloss part, but kinda squished the gloss part a little.  But, there is definitely no more me on the palette.  I wiped down the Michael Kors leg shine and scraped off the top so it is me-free, as well.  They are both in a zip-lock bag labeled 'Swatched', along with Pink Sugar and virga perfume samples that I had swatched.  All of my other items have not been swatched.

A special thank you to zadidoll for the awesome Vanity Mark mascara!  This is by far the nicest mascara I have ever had.

And, speaking of nicest ever, I was sooo amazed by glamourdolleyes' eye shadows!  They are sooo beautiful!  And, way cooler than any other eyeshadows that I have ever seen.

Here is what I took:

Here is what I put in.  Sorry that the photo is blurry.

Thank you glamourdolleyes and zadidoll for such a great box!  I am looking forward to see how the box changes as it goes from person to person!

Take care!

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi! 

I received the box from Zadidoll on Friday!  I had such a nice weekend going through everything!  I had seen the pictures but it makes a much greater impact when you see it all in person! 

Wow!  What a haul!  And, the box is just getting bigger.  The box now weighs 5 pounds 9 ounces.  I have it ready to be shipped on Monday to tacomagirl.

Regarding swatched items, I spritzed the LORAC palette with rubbing alcohol and tried to wipe off the gloss part, but kinda squished the gloss part a little.  But, there is definitely no more me on the palette.  I wiped down the Michael Kors leg shine and scraped off the top so it is me-free, as well.  They are both in a zip-lock bag labeled 'Swatched', along with Pink Sugar and virga perfume samples that I had swatched.  All of my other items have not been swatched.

A special thank you to zadidoll for the awesome Vanity Mark mascara!  This is by far the nicest mascara I have ever had.

And, speaking of nicest ever, I was sooo amazed by glamourdolleyes' eye shadows!  They are sooo beautiful!  And, way cooler than any other eyeshadows that I have ever seen.

Here is what I took:

Here is what I put in.  Sorry that the photo is blurry.

Thank you glamourdolleyes and zadidoll for such a great box!  I am looking forward to see how the box changes as it goes from person to person!

Take care!
Oooh, nice loot! Its gonna be my turn soon
yay.gif

I wouldn't mind getting that Marbella eyeliner. I have one from my own MyGlam bag but I actually like it. Same with the Colorscience Travel Puff, my daughter loved it and I took the one Vee put into the box. I'd also take the NYX because I love NYX (except for the Book of Shadows). Who ever picks those items I think will be happy. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How did I miss this? Hi! That's me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't like to pimp myself out but Zadi already did that but I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you so I thought I would chime in and say hi!

Originally Posted by wintersnowpeach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooo, so I'm creeping & noticed someone put in EYESHADOW SAMPLES. =)

I am a sucker. But I'm confused. I think the user was glamour doll eyes but that was the name of the eye shadow samples? Is there any relation or just a love for the product? Also, I was wondering if there was any ways to request some samples of them - like I said, I'm a sucker for samples AND for companies I've never heard of. Not that I'm crazy about MAD Skincare but when I heard I could request samples before having to buy from them, I jumped on board & i'm glad I had the opportunity to sample first. Oh & any other suggestions on companies to try? I'm especially interested in indie nail polish so I've been spending some time on Etsy. Okay, I'll stop rambling now because I'm sure someone will respond as long as I post this.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How did I miss this? Hi! That's me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't like to pimp myself out but Zadi already did that but I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you so I thought I would chime in and say hi!
Haha, it's okay! I thought you were just being modest. I don't see you going on and on about your company, like ever, in the threads that we both go on so I thought you stayed mum due to modesty! Lol.

I actually don't think its allowed. Even if it was though, I don't want people to think I am only in it to promote myself, which isn't the case at all! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think its tacky so I stay away haha.

Originally Posted by wintersnowpeach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha, it's okay! I thought you were just being modest. I don't see you going on and on about your company, like ever, in the threads that we both go on so I thought you stayed mum due to modesty! Lol.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually don't think its allowed. Even if it was though, I don't want people to think I am only in it to promote myself, which isn't the case at all! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think its tacky so I stay away haha.
Ah! Well there - modesty lol. I got so excited when I saw the pic of shadow samples though - so I'm glad she told me where to go!

Edit: She = Zadidoll. Lol

Beautyboxgal just sent me a tracking number 
jawsdown.gif
 That was fast!

I've been watching the other box threads and I think ours is moving pretty quickly.

It helps that three of us live in the same state. LOL If she sent it out today you might just get it tomorrow, definitely by Wednesday.

I couldn't believe how packed this box was. I hope someone likes Burberry lipstick, because I'm putting the one from my glossy box along with a few other things from this months box. Now I just have to find a box that will contain this massive haul. I'll post pictures when I wake up.

LOL That'll be the 2nd upgrade in boxes. The original box I got it in was much smaller than the white box I sent out. LOL

Originally Posted by TacomaGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I couldn't believe how packed this box was. I hope someone likes Burberry lipstick, because I'm putting the one from my glossy box along with a few other things from this months box. Now I just have to find a box that will contain this massive haul. I'll post pictures when I wake up.
Sounds awesome! I'm really looking forward to this box. I am really struggling through a no buy.

My glossy box showed up the same day as the swap box and my Boyfriend looked at both boxes after I had opened them and was looking through everything. He said " Man, that's a lot of stuff how much did it cost?" I pointed to the swap box and said that it was the shipping cost to send it out again and then the samples that I put in. He was amazed. Then he asked about the price of the glossy box and he was not impressed. Apparently our swap box is epic.  Soooo...picture time
yey.gif

This is what I took out:

There is still a ton of makeup in the box for the next girls. I really expected an excess of skin products since so many sub. boxes lean heavily towards that end. There are some excellent surprises though.

What I put in:

I forgot to put a couple of things in the picture so there are some nail polishes and items from my glossy boxes that will be in there as well. I threw in a Robert Rose animal print bracelet from one of my little black bags. Happy Independence Day Ladies!

Let me know what you think of the Vanity Mark tweezer, TacomaGirl. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Souly since you're next on the box, there should be two Vanity Mark items left and the mascara from Saucebox. Remember those IMATS items don't count towards having to add something back into the box.

From Vanity Mark by Brett Freedman:

1. Eyelash curler
  2. Mascara (full size) Beautyboxgal
  3. Tweezers TacomaGirl
  4. Brow comb/lash comb

From Saucebox:

1. Mascara (full size)

Ladies, please let me know what you think of the Vanity Mark items and the Saucebox mascara (who ever gets it). I'm in contact with the owners of the companies and would love to give them an update in a month or so.

Oooh, thank for the pics!

My glossy box showed up the same day as the swap box and my Boyfriend looked at both boxes after I had opened them and was looking through everything. He said " Man, that's a lot of stuff how much did it cost?" I pointed to the swap box and said that it was the shipping cost to send it out again and then the samples that I put in. He was amazed. Then he asked about the price of the glossy box and he was not impressed. Apparently our swap box is epic.  Soooo...picture time
yey.gif

This is what I took out:

There is still a ton of makeup in the box for the next girls. I really expected an excess of skin products since so many sub. boxes lean heavily towards that end. There are some excellent surprises though.

What I put in:

I forgot to put a couple of things in the picture so there are some nail polishes and items from my glossy boxes that will be in there as well. I threw in a Robert Rose animal print bracelet from one of my little black bags. Happy Independence Day Ladies!

Hey Souly!  My work hours today and tomorrow make it pretty much impossible to get to the post office. I will mail out the box on Saturday so it'll probably be at your house come Monday. I'll PM you the tracking number when ship it.

Hey Souly!  My work hours today and tomorrow make it pretty much impossible to get to the post office. I will mail out the box on Saturday so it'll probably be at your house come Monday. I'll PM you the tracking number when ship it.
Awesomeness! Thanks for the update :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back