Circular Swap Round 3-box 2

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup, thats why getting a delivery conf is a rule for the circular swaps. I'm assuming it some how gets stuck in the corner of a sorting facility, thrown in the wrong bin, accidentally left in a truck, etc. People make mistakes, I guess. 
Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Protecting my reputation is a huge part of the reason I always get Delivery Confirmation. Good thing, too. Post Office recently lost a trade I sent. Hopefully it will show up. The other trader opened up a claim with USPS, so they are more likely to track it down.
Yeah, that's why I always send with DC in trades, too. A few times, some girls said not to worry about it, save the moeny, etc and I still chose to use it in case the package became lost. I don't want negative feedback just because the USPS didn't correctly do their jobs.

I hate that it's be "stuck" somewhere :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I really hope it's just because of the holidays or something. Maybe it will start moving in a few days. Fingers crossed! I'm going to try and post the pictures I took from my phone. Hopefully it works.

What was in the box:
What I took (my mom ended up taking the hair wax spray from the first picture at the last minute):
What I put in:
The box was bulging by the time I taped it all up! May need a new, bigger box soon! Haha

Originally Posted by Baberanza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, that's why I always send with DC in trades, too. A few times, some girls said not to worry about it, save the moeny, etc and I still chose to use it in case the package became lost. I don't want negative feedback just because the USPS didn't correctly do their jobs.
Fortunately, it doesn't cost me anything anymore. I print my shipping labels through PayPal, so DC is free. If the box doesn't show any movement within a day or two, I would open a claim with USPS.

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Fortunately, it doesn't cost me anything anymore. I print my shipping labels through PayPal, so DC is free. If the box doesn't show any movement within a day or two, I would open a claim with USPS.
How does shipping through Paypal work?  I saw someone mention it once before but can't seem to find the post about it.

How does shipping through Paypal work?  I saw someone mention it once before but can't seem to find the post about it.
After you log in to your PayPal account, do a search for Multi-Order Shipping. I think it's under Merchant Services. It will give options for Import Order or Create Order. You will want to Create Order. You don't have to fill in the first section with order number and such. Fill in the other details, addresses, type of package, and weight. So, yes, you need a scale.

Any movement on the package?  Has an inquiry been filed with USPS?  I believe you can do it on-line. 

Fingers crossed that Santa will bring it! 
xmas.gif

We're investigating...Eclipsechick found a list of post offices that still aren't operating due to hurricane sandy, its possible it was headed there and that is why its just sitting. 

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the update.  Fingers still crossed here (which makes it very difficult to type)!
Yeah no problem, I don't think I can make any claim personally since the box isn't from or to me. 

Here's the chart if anyone wants to take a look. I have no idea which offices it has to pass through to get to you so I really have no idea how long it could take. 

http://about.usps.com/news/service-alerts/msu_reports/msureport_121812.pdf

It would make sense as to why the tracking # hasn't been updated even with a 'received' scan if it's sitting in an office somewhere or something waiting for people to return to work.

All the post offices noted are outlying NY/NJ post offices so they shoudn't affect delivery to me.  As for the closed post offices, they've re-routed all the mail out of the closed locations and have open locations handling mail for the closed locations.  Also, you sent this long after Hurricane Sandy so it seems unlikely that the USPS would ship a package to a location that isn't open (although who knows?).  Have you called USPS to inquire about the package?  Their customer service # is 800-222-1811.  You can ask them to track the package or file a claim.  

I have to go by USPS today to mail something else out so while I'm there I'll ask if they can check on this one for me.

It moved!! It is now showing in Angebrooklyn's neighborhood. Who knows why it sat where it sat for so long, but it should be delivered tomorrow I'm assuming. Unless they let it sit for 2 more weeks. 

The box has appeared!  Eclipsechick was not kidding about the bulging box!  This is so much fun! 
headphonedance.gif

I'll take pictures this weekend but won't be able to mail it out until after Christmas.

Pictures!

This is what came in the box:

This is what I took (+ 2 of the Cover Girl coupons):

This is what I put in:

Following have been swatched:

Elf Bronzer

ELF Palette (I lightly wiped down the lip glosses I tried with an alcohol swab, all the brushes in the set are unused)

Sephora pencil

Ofra

Glad the package showed up.  This was so much fun!  

I'll mail this out right after the holidays.

Back