Clarin's Light Reflecting foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone own this product or have tried it?? Here's the link so you know what i'm talking about. http://www.gloss.com/product/index.j...114818.1115952 Anyway, I bought this like 2 weeks ago at saks, and when i tested it at home on my face, the smell is sooooooo freaking strong that it made me sneeeze like crazy and my eyes were red and watery. Obviously very allergic to it. I'm not sure what it was. Maybe the fragrance. I'm not sure if it's fragrance free or not. If anyone else have tried this, please let me know your opinions. Ok to make things worst, i brought it back to saks, and the witch was so mean. I said i want to return it because i have serious allergic reaction to it, and she was like " well that is just impossible, because clarins products are all allergy tested" So i said " well it did not specifically test on me and there are things in there that some arent allergic to that i might be". She was asking me what i was allergic to in there. And i said well the fragrance because it's so strong and i couldnt stand it, and she said " well theres no fragrance in there" and she kept on implying that i was lying. What the heck is wrong with her. And she tested it on her hand and she said theres no scent and she doesnt smell anything. I told her i dont care if she smells anything or not and i want my money back. And she kept on arguing with me for like 15 mins. and i kept telling her i want my money back, and NO I DO NOT WANT TO EXCHANGE!!!. omg. By the way this was at south coast plaza's saks. Does anyone else have bad customer service experience at saks. I really dont understand why they are so mean. I mean it's not like 40 bucks will come out of their pocket. She did not even sell it to me so she didn't lose any commision. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm just sooo mad. Can someone go slap all these saks sales people. They are so mean.

Sorry to hear you had to deal with the SAs at Saks at South Coast. They've been rude to me before. Last time I took the NARS Creme Fraiche back the SA tried to say that sometimes your skin just has to get used to the product because I said that I got breakouts. No, your skin doesn't have to get used to a foundation, a moisturizer maybe. I said firmly that I need to exchange the product and the SA was a little nicer then. Before that I also returned a Clarins foundation and the SA was very rude. She also said that same thing that Clarins products shouldn't give me an allergic reaction because they are allergy tested. I said that well it did irritate my skin so I need to return it. When the SA gave me my money back she had the sour look on her face. I couldn't believe it. I hate going to Saks and I avoid it now because of the rude sales associates. I have to say that I had a good sales associate for the first time at South Coast yesterday at Macys at the Christian Dior counter. I had bought the new Dior foundation the other day and the sales associate didn't tell me that they had a promotion going on. With a purchase of any 2 Dior product you get a free gift but it's a presale. I got a Dior add from Macys mailed to my house and I saw the promotion. I went back yesterday and told the sales associate at Macys that I'm really disappointed that I was not told about the promotion when I was there the other day. The lady apologized and told me that I can purchase another product and she will honor the gift for me. So I did. I bought the powder foundation. I gotta go back on the 25th to pick it up since it's a presale type of promotion. The sales associate also gave me samples and a sample size lip gloss and she was so nice. She is about the only sales associate that I've deal with that seems to understand customer service. Her name is Gilda and she works at the Dior counter at Macys.

I think i had an experience with Gilda before. I remember that name. I heard some other people told me about how nice she is too. They also had this gwp for dior at robinsons-may a few weeks ago too. I was able to get it. It was a blue bag, lotion, face cream, serum, and a lip gloss. What's in this new gwp. I gotta check out macy's. I love dior gwp cuz they giive you stuff u can actually use. I think im avoiding Saks at south coast from now on unless they have a gwp, then I guess i have to come back. Oh yah when the sales girl give me back my refund, she gave me a sour look too and an attidude. Like " sign here". Dont you just hate it when SA's tell u that the stuff is "allergy tested" Like u didnt already know that. Thats why u bought it, and just because it's tested in a sample of 100, doesnt mean that it works for everyone else. There will always be someone that it doesnt work on. Everyone is allergic to different things, and it just pisses me off when they think that it should work on everyone. They also tell me all the time that ur face has to get used to it. No it doesn't, because I've had foundations that never break me out at all, so why do i have to get used to this. Why should i put my skin through hell and make myself like a product when there are alternatives. By the way, Clarins product isn't the most gentle. Ive heard some stories about people with allergic reaction to clarins

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Sorry to hear you had to deal with the SAs at Saks at South Coast. They've been rude to me before. Last time I took the NARS Creme Fraiche back the SA tried to say that sometimes your skin just has to get used to the product because I said that I got breakouts. No, your skin doesn't have to get used to a foundation, a moisturizer maybe. I said firmly that I need to exchange the product and the SA was a little nicer then. Before that I also returned a Clarins foundation and the SA was very rude. She also said that same thing that Clarins products shouldn't give me an allergic reaction because they are allergy tested. I said that well it did irritate my skin so I need to return it. When the SA gave me my money back she had the sour look on her face. I couldn't believe it. I hate going to Saks and I avoid it now because of the rude sales associates. I have to say that I had a good sales associate for the first time at South Coast yesterday at Macys at the Christian Dior counter. I had bought the new Dior foundation the other day and the sales associate didn't tell me that they had a promotion going on. With a purchase of any 2 Dior product you get a free gift but it's a presale. I got a Dior add from Macys mailed to my house and I saw the promotion. I went back yesterday and told the sales associate at Macys that I'm really disappointed that I was not told about the promotion when I was there the other day. The lady apologized and told me that I can purchase another product and she will honor the gift for me. So I did. I bought the powder foundation. I gotta go back on the 25th to pick it up since it's a presale type of promotion. The sales associate also gave me samples and a sample size lip gloss and she was so nice. She is about the only sales associate that I've deal with that seems to understand customer service. Her name is Gilda and she works at the Dior counter at Macys.

Oh I didn't know about the GWP that Robinsons-May had. It sounds like a nice gwp. I agree with you that Dior's GWPs are good because they usually have nice stuff in them. I can't remember the exact products that are in the Macys one but there is a lipstick, face cream, serum and something else too. I'll let you know once I get it. I had the add but I just threw it away. I'm getting back into Dior. I used to use some Dior stuff and now I'm thinking what I've missed for not using the line in the past couple of years. I'm loving the new foundation that's oil free and it blends so easy and makes my skin look great. I also got some samples of the moisturizers and they are really nice. I got sucked into buying the No age lotion. It's really nice.

OH no, now you make me wanna try the foundation. I love my chanel one, but always open to try new things. I just ordered a sample of Armani's LSF on ebay. I hope it works. It's so expensive but im excited to try it tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Oh I didn't know about the GWP that Robinsons-May had. It sounds like a nice gwp. I agree with you that Dior's GWPs are good because they usually have nice stuff in them. I can't remember the exact products that are in the Macys one but there is a lipstick, face cream, serum and something else too. I'll let you know once I get it. I had the add but I just threw it away. I'm getting back into Dior. I used to use some Dior stuff and now I'm thinking what I've missed for not using the line in the past couple of years. I'm loving the new foundation that's oil free and it blends so easy and makes my skin look great. I also got some samples of the moisturizers and they are really nice. I got sucked into buying the No age lotion. It's really nice.

Latest posts

Back