Class Reunion...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sooooooooooo my class reunion is coming up in October... and when I first heard about it, i was super excited and couldn't wait to go.. then i found out that i might have a schedule conflict so i got unexcited.... but NOW i no longer have that conflict but i had resigned myself to not going... but i think i still want to go... BUT i think that the price is WAY too high... plus, there are only maybe a handful of people that i want to see from high school, but it's a handful that i REALLY want to see... <<sigh>>.. .confusion...

i don't know what to do!!!
icon_cry.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_neutral.gif

Hi QurlySq, it sounds like you are very indecisive,Are you a Librian by any chance?
wink.gif

It seems to me that you actually do want to go but it is the cost that is worrying you. Now that those "conflicts" are out the way ther's not much stopping you. Maybe you could fine a way to cut down the cost and still go and have fun?.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Good Luck

EEeekk. I vote for going although saying that i know myself i wouldnt! I'd be way too nervous, i dont know why though!

If you really dont want to go, how about trying to get in touch with the people that you'd like to see and arrange to go out for lunch or something! Or maybe that wont work if you all live far from each other!

Originally Posted by Laura EEeekk. I vote for going although saying that i know myself i wouldnt! I'd be way too nervous, i dont know why though!
If you really dont want to go, how about trying to get in touch with the people that you'd like to see and arrange to go out for lunch or something! Or maybe that wont work if you all live far from each other!

ditto!
pauline, when you said librian, i read it wrong and thought it said librarian LMAO i was like, uhhh... LOL

Okay my vote is that you go. I know you keep going back and forth but that only means that some part of you DOES want to go. And if you end up not going, you will be kicking yourself in the ass at one point that you didn't. So I say, try to find out ways to make it less expensive and go and have a blast! And if you don't have as much fun, at least you went, and don't have to live with the 'what-ifs'.

OMG so did i Jennifer! I was like are librarian's very indecisive, thats something i never knew.. *smacks myself on the head*

i say go! i can't wait to go to mine, but it's another 6 years away. lol.

i agree with tashbash. you might regret it one moment in time. and what's a little more money for this? think of how much money you spend on other stuff that could add up to whatever you're spending on this.

Originally Posted by Laura OMG so did i Jennifer! I was like are librarian's very indecisive, thats something i never knew.. *smacks myself on the head* tee hee.. i read librarian too...
icon_redface.gif

all:

loving the advice.... only thing is that's the bottom basement price since i live in the same area as the reunion and it's pay for everything or nothing ... so there's no way to make the reunion cheaper... i think it's going to be a matter of me getting my other local friends involved in going... like one of my other friends put it, it's like a concert... you don't want to lock yourself in until you know who the headliner is going to be...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Ok i'm getting lost now Nikki.. Wont it be cheaper though if you live in the area so you wont have to pay for accommodation, travel etc..??

Originally Posted by Laura Ok i'm getting lost now Nikki.. Wont it be cheaper though if you live in the area so you wont have to pay for accommodation, travel etc..?? when i talk about the costs involved, i'm strictly talking about the costs to attend the "festivities" (which right now, doesn't really include much other than a casual get-together after the homecoming game and a formal get-together the following night)... in this case, depending on when you pay, you're looking at $80 - 100 to attend two parties.... that's what's holding me up... granted i could blow that much money on lots of things in a very short amount of time so i guess it's not so much the fact of how much it costs but what i'm getting for how much it costs...
my one consolation - i'll definitely be at the homecoming game because i LOVE football so i'll most likely see the people i want to see, there regardless!!!
claps.gif

Oooh ok! Is there a deadline for saying if you'll go or not? Is there any chance that you could go to the game and then if you're in the mood you could go along to the get-together after and the formal get-together the following night?

Originally Posted by Pauline I think you might have just decided what your gonna do QurlySq...lol
icon_biggrin.gif
hmmm.. i think you're right... much cheaper and then i can pick and choose who i see... lol

Originally Posted by Laura Oooh ok! Is there a deadline for saying if you'll go or not? Is there any chance that you could go to the game and then if you're in the mood you could go along to the get-together after and the formal get-together the following night? it's funny that you'd say that... i had a dream that i did EXACTLY that...
icon_eek.gif
... but, in the dream, i also gave the organizer some crazy story about how i'd pay the following week AFTER the reunion.. how funny...
but the deadline was actually July 1 but it keeps getting extended because they're not getting the response that they were hoping for... i think out of 350 something graduates they have less than a 15% return rate so far...
icon_neutral.gif

That's a good point too whta wontpayretail23 made! You do only live once...

Nikki T. - I say go all out and do it! My 20th is coming up, and although I have my own apprehensions about it, I'm definitely going to go. It'll be fun to see everyone and see how their lives turned out. Plus, wouldn't it be fun to show all your old crushes what a "hottie" you still are?

Originally Posted by Nicolet Nikki T. - I say go all out and do it! My 20th is coming up, and although I have my own apprehensions about it, I'm definitely going to go. It'll be fun to see everyone and see how their lives turned out. Plus, wouldn't it be fun to show all your old crushes what a "hottie" you still are? HA... that's a funny one too... i only had the one crush in high school and i'm thinking that he's not going to be there - especially since i haven't heard anything about him since we graduated... and then the other ones that were remotely interesting, i've already had "run-ins" (
icon_redface.gif
) with them since high school... lol...
it's so lopsided... lol... and i'm not quite sure while i'm still torturing myself about it... indecisiveness has NEVER been a part of who i am... ARGH!!!

I would go. I can't wait to go to mine, but it's a few years away. I want to see what everyone looks like and what they're up to. I went to an all girls hs, but I think they combine the reunion with our all boys brother hs, so it should be a fun time.

Latest posts

Back