cleansing oil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Im curious as to who are the skin types that are best suited for a cleansing oil? and what kind of problems do cleansing oil solve anyway? Anyone here into double cleansing, if yes what kind of cleanser do you use in the first and second step of your double cleansing ritual? Would loove to hear your replies and see what is your cleansing routine like")
Lots of love and appreciation to you all here :)

One of my friends is a beauty artist. I discussed this with her, and her opinion is cleansing oils suit every skin type, even oily and acne-prone skin. Cleansing oil lift excess sebum, the oily substance produced by glands on your skin. It cleans out clogged pores, like blackheads and whiteheads, and removes dead skin, pollutants, and makeup.

The 1st step in double cleansing involves using an oil-based cleaning balm, cleanser, or micellar water. This releases oil-based deposition from the skin, including cosmetics, sunscreen, and extra sebum. The 2nd step in double cleansing needs using a water-based cleanser.

I'm afraid skincare is not my strong point personally. I'm more experienced with makeup :D . However, as I understand it when cleansing using hot water opens up the pores and using cold water closes the pores :giggle:(y). Using this knowledge I'd have to agree with navigupta that it would suit every skin type provided you cleanse with water and an exfoliator daily đź‘Ś

Hello navigupta and dominictownsend199813. Thank you both for your feedback, i feel more knowledgeable now:) What kind of issues a cleasning oil can solve that a gel cleanser wont solve for instance for people who wear makeup? And which cleanser is easiest to use if i wear makeup daily? Also overall what challenges do makeup wearer face when washing their face in the morning and evening?

I find removing makeup is the problematic part of skincare for the makeup user @ghita , so I swear by "Simple" products, they're hypoallergenic and cruelty-free. I find a gel cleanser better for me as a cleansing oil adds more oil to my skin causing unnecessary breakouts :D . In my opinion, when wearing makeup regularly I'd always pick a gel cleanser :giggle:

I generally don't do makeup daily, but I would suggest you can use a cleanser that clears away grime and impurities without stripping the skin of its natural oils. Especially those made with glycerin or essential oils, and look for soap-free formulas wherever possible.

hello @navigupta and @navigupta.thanks for the feedback.

Dominic thanks a lot for your feedback, its so constructive.You say that cleansing oils cause breakouts to you, have you ever maybe thought why is this the case? I mean have you checked the ingredient deck or asked the brand what ingredients is there to have cause breakouts? Do you also do double cleansing if you wear makeup?​

Thanks Navigupta for your reply. You said essential oils, arent these harmful for the skin?

These are the best ooil for all skin types,
There are lots of plant-based oil options for cleansing your skin, each with its own set of benefits.
  • Safflower seed oil. ...
  • Argan oil. ...
  • Soybean oil. ...
  • Peanut oil. ...
  • Sesame oil. ...
  • Jojoba oil. ...
  • Almond oil. ...
  • Rosehip oil.
so, this is my 2 step cleansing routine,
The first step in double cleansing involves using an oil-based cleanser, cleansing balm, or micellar water. This removes oil-based residue from the skin, including makeup, sunscreen, and excess sebum. The second step in double cleansing requires using a water-based cleanser

Hello vanshikaverma, thank you for your answer and for your effort in breaking down this list of oils.
I just want to double check with you please, micellar water is water based not oil based is that right? :)

Latest posts

Back