clear gloss after color ok???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got my hair colored at the salon and haven't washed it yet.......i was wondering if it would be okay and benefitial to put in a clear gloss at home. I have the Ion Clear 00 from Sally's and have used it before just never after a professional job. I thought maybe it would make my color last longer.

Does anybody know? Any answer would be great (professional would be awesome)!!

Originally Posted by jewele /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my hair colored at the salon and haven't washed it yet.......i was wondering if it would be okay and benefitial to put in a clear gloss at home. I have the Ion Clear 00 from Sally's and have used it before just never after a professional job. I thought maybe it would make my color last longer.

Does anybody know? Any answer would be great (professional would be awesome)!!
Yes you can, just use 10 volume and nothing higher otherwise you risk lifting the color you had done at the salon.

Yes, I would totally use a clear shine on it if you are noticing dullness to your color.

I would suggest going to your local Paul Mitchell Salon or School and getting a PM Shines Clear Shine Treatment. 

It only takes 20 minutes and adds tons of soy protein to your hair. It also has a UV Absorber that helps the color from fading!

Latest posts

Back